• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

NFL Season 2011

Ok, after seeing today's massacre, 4 or 5 may be overly optimistic. Go packers!

Yeah to bad for SD :( I thought it would be a little closer than that, never expected a win but they just fell apart.
Nice comeback from the Cowboys though, they couldn't stop Romo in the second. At 427 total passing yards :shocked:
Aaron

I wish I could comment on the games and contribute to this, but I missed every single game because I was working on a marketing project for class. With that said I ordered the ondemand that NFL.com offers and was going to try and watch all the games before this sunday, but what game do you guys recommend since I already plan on watching the Chargers game last so I am not to disappointed and pissed off watching the rest.

I wish I could comment on the games and contribute to this, but I missed every single game because I was working on a marketing project for class. With that said I ordered the ondemand that NFL.com offers and was going to try and watch all the games before this sunday, but what game do you guys recommend since I already plan on watching the Chargers game last so I am not to disappointed and pissed off watching the rest.

The Raiders/Bills game was probably the most entertaining, especially the 4th quarter with all of the lead changes that happened, and it went right down to the wire.

The Falcons/Eagles game also went down to the wire, with some good hitting and lots of turnovers.

dvg

I'm pumped, I won a Sam Bradford jerry tonight at the bar, too bad Eli's Giants won. I'm an Oakland fan and am going to buy a McFadden jersey, but bradford is my second fave. Almost cancelled out the 8 pints and burger I had lol.

I'm pumped, I won a Sam Bradford jerry tonight at the bar, too bad Eli's Giants won. I'm an Oakland fan and am going to buy a McFadden jersey, but bradford is my second fave. Almost cancelled out the 8 pints and burger I had lol.

Congrats on the jersey win Fireface...where in Edmonton were they giving that away tonight?

And tough being an Oakland fan and having 3 consecutive meetings with AFC East opponents, the Jets next week, followed by the Pats.

Redskins at the Cowboys next week.....

....begun, the clown wars have.

Should be interesting to see how the Skins do against the Boys in Dallas next Monday night.

Romo apparently is suffering from 2 cracked ribs and a punctured lung, so i can't see how he'll be playing, or was even allowed to go back onto the field and finish up yesterday's tilt against the 49ers.

I like the Dallas Defence, and it should be able to cause a few turnovers and sack trouble for Rex Grossman.

If Kitna has to start for the Boys, hopefully he'll benefit from a full week of snaps.

Funny how a few years ago, Philly, Dallas, and the Giants all made the playoffs coming from the same Division, because they were so strong, and this year Washington is out of the gate ahead of those three...

...but it's early still and Grossman is known for his turnovers and fumbles...just sayin'. ;)

dvg

Grossman is a bum. I seriously thought he was going to blow it for them this week. Of course, it was only the Cardinals. Sorry Paul. :cool:

For all of those fantasy players that may have rushed to add Cam Newton as their backup after his first week's stats, they may find that he comes back down to earth with a crash in week two.

another 400+ yard game but 3 Interceptions didn't help the cause...and that was against the defending world champions...not bad for a true rookie huh...I have heard people calling the Panthers "Camolina Panthers"

How 'bout those Cowboys!

boy has got not only a broken rib but a punctured lung...

Cam Newton has now done in his first two starts, what no rookie QB has ever done, with those consecutive 400+ passing yards starts.

Hell, only 8 QBs of any sort have ever had back to back 400+ passing games.

The kid does look impressive, to be sure, and considering the team he is playing for, his future looks very bright indeed! :cool:

dvg

The Raiders looked like a different team this weekend the team that beat the Jets is the team that could win the west, but Raiders will be the Raiders. Lions looked amazing on that come back they will get a wild card spot bears line wont be able to match against those monsters.

Socal, true on the raiders. Can't understand the 18 point lead they had last week then gave it to the bills in the second half. Then this week they beat the jets by 10.?? Next your going to tell me they're going to beat the patriots. Speaking of patriots, what happened Brady. 4 picks in one game? So much for your nearly perfect passing record (with the exception of last weeks pick).but Fitzpatrick looked good.
Aaron

How 'bout dem Cowboys!?! I can't believe they walked away with that win last night. You have to give Romo a bit of credit for going out there, kids got some serious nads. However, saying that I am still, and always will be, a Rams fan.

Agreed Patrick, punctured lung and all. Seems he plays better injured than healthy :). Being a rams fan is as easy as being a raiders fan these days.
Aaron

Some of those interceptions just looked ridiculous to nearly impossible so I don't know what to say if it was luck or the receivers fault(chad johnson was at fault for one) but the sidelined one cmon no way for a bill corner before. I want to see Darren Mcfadden do more of the same through the season but that D looks improved even without Namdi. Yeah romo look good but you see how the redskins targeted romo side one hit will make the punctured lung even worst.

I can wrap up the Chiefs entire season so far with just two words: C'mon, man!

Sorry Midwest, as a die hard raiders fan I have to say that I'm enjoying the way things are looking right. And SD has shown that they do well for half the season but not the other half. Things are looking good. And after last seasons horror of dominating the division and not even getting a wild card I will continue to enjoy it. :)
Aaron

This is completely different than I expected, I expected a closer game but also a win from the Lions. Romo's doing his thing though can't argue with that.
Aaron

Back