• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

NFL Season 2011

I have been more than patient with Mr. Romo....Jerry Jones needs to make him a used car salesman in West, Texas and then he may be able to get a real quarterback...Romo is a choker...biggest lead ever blown by the cowboys and is the sole responsibility of Tony Romo...

Back to back interceptions run resulting in TD's was inexcusable. The were beating the crap out of the Lions and gave them the turnovers and penalties to seal it. What an embarrassing loss.

Well maybe, but these aren't your father's Lions...these cats can play and they have proven that they can come back from large deficits.

Lions are 12-0 now, going back to last year, including the preseason, which Detroit is counting as part of their streak, even though those 4 games don't matter much in the standings...

...but a 12 game win streak with momentum building and the team's confidence soaring is something that franchise has badly needed for quite some time now. :cool:

dvg

Grossman is a bum. I seriously thought he was going to blow it for them this week. Of course, it was only the Cardinals. Sorry Paul. :cool:

It's all good......last I checked we're still in first place and the Eagles were all alone in last.

....sorry Jay!

>this season so far

1316993199341.jpg

So I completely missed this weeks football, what happened? I noticed the raiders lost to Tom Brady and their ranked 32 defense. Did i miss something here? Or just another disappointment?
Aaron

So I completely missed this weeks football, what happened? I noticed the raiders lost to Tom Brady and their ranked 32 defense. Did i miss something here? Or just another disappointment?
Aaron
Nah just Raiders being Raiders, I hope that the Raider team we get to play in week 10. Darren just had an awful game running and receiving I thought he would torch them on the open field side. I wonder how long until Darius Hayward-Bay will start earning that top spot money that Crabtree was crying about. Lions did it again it still sounds weird saying Lions 4-0 or is just me :crazy:

I just heard that Oakland Raider's owner Al Davis has passed away at the age of 82.

I watched the game last weekend and they showed Al Davis sitting in one of the skybooths, but i found it odd that he was behind shaded glass and it was hard to get a good view of him.

He was a stalwart in the NFL and has been the Oakland owner going back to 1960 i believe, when they were still in the AFL.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the Raiders going forward...the NFL really wants to get a franchise back in LA again.

RIP Al Davis.

dvg

So I haven't commented on this because of the TD and having a new job. I'll first start by saying the loss of Al Davis has been felt by all Raider Nation I'm sure. As well as many NFL fans. No one can take what he has done for that organization over the past 52 years nor what he has done for NFL including becoming commissioner for the AFL and then merging the AFL and NFL in 1969. As the owner of the Raiders he made decisions that were questionable at best. But with the championships he has no one questioned him (well with the exception of recently). He was the reason why "miscreants" continued to have a career in the NFL and they're the reason the raiders had a consistantly winning season til the early 80's. There will not be another Al Davis, he will be missed.
With that said, the win on Sunday was tremendous for them. Sure it was just Cleveland, but it was more than a win. GO RAIDERS! RAIDER NATION!
Also, bad game for Detroit, hopefully they can bounce back. First 5-0 start in many years. This lose was tough but they're still a team that can make it. Its only one after all.
Aaron

Hey, did I kill this thread or is the season really that bad? I hope it ain't me, I know that the Colts and dolphins are piss poor and the hawks don't have a prayer but there is light out there somewhere. :)
Aaron

I am a big green bay fan 7 n o green bay all the way. I am so happy that my team is doing so well this year again. I sure would like them to have a perfect season, but that's just wishful thinking. on a side note other teams I would like to see go far are raiders buccaneers steelers patriots titans cowboys. I feel that these are worthy teams that my green bay should to go against. and no offense to anyone team I have not mentioned.:-) good luck on your team making it to the superbowl.:-)

How about Phillip retard and the San Diego super loosers! And I love how my pats D is last in every stat but interceptions and points allowed!

Back