• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

NFTG, Nectar for the Gods nutrient line for HOT PEPPERS

Tell you what. Voodooamd and Myx let's cut the shit.

I shouldn't have been such a prick. I took what you were saying as condescending. I still don't agree with everything but for the sake of the thread I apologize. I should take my own advice and just move on.

Please let's keep this on the original topic. Otherwise we will just spin out.

Once again, I apologize for being a dick.

There ya go Voodoo , I can even call myself one :)

I cant argue with that kind of resolution.
Thanks guys.

I am going to start feeding twice a week now. all is going well and I want to see if I can push the envelope and get even better results.
Fed yesturday so next feeding will be Wednesday.

What is it about forums now a days. You recommend something and the next thing you know the bullets start flying....I just don't get it. If you don't want it don't buy it. It's simply someone giving their two cents about a product.

Okay, we have moved past the static of the thread and back on topic. The nutrient line is not a dose and feed and all is well. There is a vast array of aditives that may not be needed for a particular grow or crop. This thread is for all using the line to come, interact and give and get advice. And of course post pics and brag about their results.

FreeportBum said:
Let's see some pics
In time. pods just started turning here

SteelHeat said:
Shame this thread never went anywhere...
It will take time for that as well. anyone getting the samples will not see immediate results.
I have noticed a difference this year in the initial taste of my jalapenos. A distinct sweetness in front of the grassy taste and the heat. Unusual for them in the green state. It is almost like there is additional sugars present that usually are present at full maturity.

CAPCOM said:

It will take time for that as well. anyone getting the samples will not see immediate results.
I have noticed a difference this year in the initial taste of my jalapenos. A distinct sweetness in front of the grassy taste and the heat. Unusual for them in the green state. It is almost like there is additional sugars present that usually are present at full maturity.
No, not at all what I meant, brother. I meant its a shame more people showed up to knock the line or promote their own their methods, instead of participants, or people contributing.

SteelHeat said:
No, not at all what I meant, brother. I meant its a shame more people showed up to knock the line or promote their own their methods, instead of participants, or people contributing.
Ah! I understand.
Well a lot of the threads I start, I hope take off right away. But once they are started, are subject to rekindle at any time. maybe Scott himself will pop in and contribute. I am no expert on the line at all myself but as more growers get involved , ore info and tweeting will be shared.

Chewi said:
You using this whole line or just parts? Looks like interesting stuff. Probably cost effective for a small grow like mine.
Im not using the whole line, and this is my first year using it as well. Right now Im just looking to see how other people are using it, and if they're having good/bad results with it. I cant say I have any complaints at all though. I actually msgd Scott, and invited him to join the discussion, so hopefully he will, and he can better answer any questions for everyone.

I didn't bicker about anything regarding your review. I simply stated my opinion on what free means. I have no dog in the high-priced nutes hunt. As it is, azomite, bloodmeal, bonemeal, and kelpmeal are tearing into my wallet. If I don't see any improvement with them, I'm going back to plain old compost, and be happy I get some fruit.
Not to hijack a thread, but you have to use those things the right way. All of those items need time. And additionally, they either need to be buried in the soil/mix, or under a thick layer of mulch, so they stay moist. And a compost tea will help it all.

Now for the tie-in... I am not a proponent of liquid nutrients, because I am blessed with a hot, humid climate, which promotes rapid breakdown of organic substances. However, what CAPCOM is using and reviewing here - unlike the ingredients you listed - are in a bio-avaialable form. Which is great if you treat your plants like passive hydro. I don't like that method, myself, but there's nothing wrong with it. And if you haven't tried the 2 side by side, there is no way you can know the difference in the growing methods. Not to be a jerk, but if you go all in before understanding, you learn the hard way. But that's not the message I'm pushing. All liquid nutrients are expensive, but it's a faster path. (with labor drawbacks) I don't have that kind of time to baby my plants, personally, but the price that's paid is a premium for results, by those who can invest the time effort. It's just a matter of what it's worth to YOU.

SteelHeat said:
Im not using the whole line, and this is my first year using it as well. Right now Im just looking to see how other people are using it, and if they're having good/bad results with it. I cant say I have any complaints at all though. I actually msgd Scott, and invited him to join the discussion, so hopefully he will, and he can better answer any questions for everyone.

Right on man, I'm following this one. Peace!

solid7 said:
Not to hijack a thread, but you have to use those things the right way. All of those items need time. And additionally, they either need to be buried in the soil/mix, or under a thick layer of mulch, so they stay moist. And a compost tea will help it all.

Now for the tie-in... I am not a proponent of liquid nutrients, because I am blessed with a hot, humid climate, which promotes rapid breakdown of organic substances. However, what CAPCOM is using and reviewing here - unlike the ingredients you listed - are in a bio-avaialable form. Which is great if you treat your plants like passive hydro. I don't like that method, myself, but there's nothing wrong with it. And if you haven't tried the 2 side by side, there is no way you can know the difference in the growing methods. Not to be a jerk, but if you go all in before understanding, you learn the hard way. But that's not the message I'm pushing. All liquid nutrients are expensive, but it's a faster path. (with labor drawbacks) I don't have that kind of time to baby my plants, personally, but the price that's paid is a premium for results, by those who can invest the time effort. It's just a matter of what it's worth to YOU.

I get what you're saying. I knew the bone meal would take a good amount of time, as does the azomite. I expected the blood and kelp meals to work a little faster. The plants look like they're reacting every time I add some worm/compost tea and epsom salts. In fact, it was right around the time I used tomato tone with a tea wash, that was when they initially took off. Since next year I'm going to be growing commercially, I need to decide the most economical solution.

Sorry for continuing the hijack.

I get what you're saying. I knew the bone meal would take a good amount of time, as does the azomite. I expected the blood and kelp meals to work a little faster. The plants look like they're reacting every time I add some worm/compost tea and epsom salts. In fact, it was right around the time I used tomato tone with a tea wash, that was when they initially took off. Since next year I'm going to be growing commercially, I need to decide the most economical solution.

Sorry for continuing the hijack.
Organics don't work well for commercial. It's unfortunate, but true. Raised no-till beds would be great for your organic set-up. Or large containers. But I digress, once more...

solid7 said:
Organics don't work well for commercial. It's unfortunate, but true. Raised no-till beds would be great for your organic set-up. Or large containers. But I digress, once more...

Organics are a selling point. Not everyone wants petroleum based ferts on their food. Already have beds. My main issue with them are crop rotation and practicality for large scale production - particularly garlic.

Organics are a selling point. Not everyone wants petroleum based ferts on their food. Already have beds. My main issue with them are crop rotation and practicality for large scale production - particularly garlic.
Yeah, not disputing the organics issue. Liquid nutrients are probably your best friend in this case...

Back