seed-train Non-Pepper Seed Train- Round 2 Boarding

I've got it all packaged up, addressed & ready to go out to SmokenFire as soon as we get 4 more riders.

I put in: Beans, tomatoes, kale, collards, cucumbers, watermelons, cantaloupe, squash, cilantro, lettuce, etc, etc. 
Ended up being 35 packs with 25 different varieties but a few repeats. SmokenFire has promised to blow it up when he gets it at the first stop. I look forward to seeing how it progresses!

You know you want in. Lemme know & we'll get it moving.

Coach can you put out an order for the train? That way we can get our address to the proper person. Nice idea & thanks for getting it rolling.

HI Coachspencerxc, I also loved all the excitement from Wicked Mikes train, it ran so smooth and would love to be part of this too.   I agree with you about having a connection here.  I have lots to add to this train that are not peppers. Another option for mailing is a bubble mailer $6.10  Priority Mail® Flat Rate Envelope Padded 12-1/2" x 9-1/2".  Holds so much more than the flat rate box and about the same price.   You have to order these online as they do not have them at the post office.  They are free and they ship them directly to your house.  Just a thought.  
Thanks for getting this started.
Sue

Pr0digal_son said:
Buy some thin foam and wrap your seed bags in it. Send in a regular envelope with a stamp. It is way faster and 10 to 16 times cheaper than going through customs. I send packages to Europe weekly. The last 3 I sent were received in 4 days.

That's exactly how I do it ;-)

tctenten said:
Coach can you put out an order for the train? That way we can get our address to the proper person. Nice idea & thanks for getting it rolling.
I will when we have all riders on board so I can position people with regard to geography. Will leave North Carolina & go to SmokenFire in Chicago first and will hit the Midwest & go West before returning East. 

Just 3 more spots open!

Okie dokie. We have 14 people & have already started moving! I sent the package out to SmokenFire/Dru last night. I sent out 35 seed packs with some duplicates... 25 varieties with a wide range of things. More beans & greens than anything else, but a pretty wide variety. My goal was not to provide enough for everyone to take a little of everything. I have small quantities- like 10 watermelon seeds in a pack, for instance... enough beans for a 20' row... that kind of thing. Others may want to provide 80 seeds of one pumpkin variety for instance, so that several people can get a few seeds. Obviously that works too. The basic idea is that you give & take on a 1:1 ratio approximately. Knowing folks around here, there may be more give and less take, but please try to give at least roughly equal to what you take. SmokenFire has promised to blow the train up when he gets it & has already started packing stuff up. I imagine after him, the selection will be outstanding. 

The seeds I sent out would've fit in a SFRB but I put them in a used bubble envelope inside a larger Priority Mail envelope. Feel free to ship in whatever they fit in. I probably should've put everything in a big ziploc or other plastic bag. Maybe someone on one of the early stops could do so. The bubble envelope & tyvek envelope will be fairly waterproof & all seeds so far are in plastic baggies. Here's the tracking number for the package headed from North Carolina to Illinois: 9505500026215023000012

Please provide tracking numbers for each shipment as we go along. It's fun to track the progress & certainly helps in the event of missing packages. Also, it would be great if you could report back with the number of different seeds in the package when you send it. I'm sure many will want the anticipation of not knowing exactly what is in the package, but knowing the number of varieties would be nice.

Order or riders was selected based on a couple of factors, but mainly geography- avoiding going back & forth across the country multiple times. Here it is. Make sure you let the person before you know your address over PM.

Rider order moved to front page.

Thanks to everyone for making this happen!

Confirming receipt of the seed train.  When it arrived it had a very good selection of greens, cukes, beans, squash and melons!

qqeno0.jpg

Going out today with this:

de7k83.jpg

Seeds I added:

Onion - Yellow of Parma
Leek - American Flag
Carrot - Scarlet Nantes, Tendersweet, Danvers 126
Parsnip - Hollow Crown
Beet - Detroit Dark Red, Ruby Queen
Cauliflower - Early Snowball, Romanesco (check out this awesome plant!)
Broccoli - Green Sprouting Calabrese
Ground Cherry - Aunt Molly's
Cabbage - Early Flat Dutch
Radish - Purple Top
Lettuce - Iceberg, Forellenschluss, Crisp Mint, Flame, Amish Deer Tongue, Red Velvet, Winter Density, Bronze Arrowhead
Sunflower - Goliath
Cucumber - Tasty Green, Longfellow
Squash - Italian Largo Hybrid
Thyme - Common
Parsley - Dark Moss Curled
Sage - Common
Basil - Sweet Giant
Dill - Long Island Mammoth
Oregano - Common
Rosemary - Common
Tomato - Djena Lee's Golden Girl, Red Currant
Tarragon - Common
Chives - Common
Lavender - True 
Honeydew - Cool Green
Spinach - Red Malabar (not true spinach, but better imo)
Delphinium - Fantasia Mix
Zinnia - Cut & Come Again
Chinese Forget Me Not - Firmament
Echinacea - Purple Coneflower
Canterbury Bells - Cup & Saucer Mix

AND

1 packet Joyner's Hot Peppers "Pecan Smoked Super Hot Mix" along with several packets of my own 'Stardust Sprinkle' (mild pepper blend) and 'Smokenfire's Chipotle' (mild too).  Try the powders and let us know what you think!  Note:  I'm estimating at least 20+ of each seed that I included, so there should be plenty for all riders.   :D  Thanks to coachspencerxc for organizing and starting this train.  Subsequent riders will have a bounty of good stuff to add to their grows this year.  PPR!!!!

Package next goes to Jem_Stoneous, and I'll send them tracking info. 

Nice adds SnF.

Boy, the seeds people have sure can be enlightening. Canterbury Bells? SnF? Who'd a thunk it! :D

Your comments shall be viewed in a whole new light lol. :lol:

jk. Good on ya my friend.

Back