event Northwest ChileFest 2011

Okay great nothing like like seeing a plan come together glad we got that taken care of. Not sure what dish I will bring yet but have plenty of time for that. Also I would like to talk about weather or not you all would like to do the wing challenge at cheers west, assuming all my peppers and what not arrive in time. I talked to budwieser today and they are going to be sposoring the event I am sitting down and getting everything in place for that as well as co sponsers ext on Monday with Brandy. We will probably get some other beer company to sponsor the event as well and possibly a couple local hot sauce companies as well. I was thinking if the other hot sauce companies would like to participate we could set up some tables and they can give out some samples and sell their products as well as having their logo's on banners and fliers that will go out. We could possiblty do it on the Friday or Sunday after the PNW CHF. What do you guys think?

That sounds like a great event, Ryan! Sunday would work better for us, but we can work around any schedule.

Send me a PM when you know more about sponsoring etc. We'd definitely want to do the challenge, or participate somehow! Wing Challenge...YAY!!!

The Venue is set!

I reserved 3 campsites at VASA RV Resort. Our family will be staying in one site Fri-Sat with the tent trailer. The other 2 are open for camping or just to use for the party. If we need more spaces, they aren't booked too full that weekend and I've let them know there will be an afternoon picnic and maybe some additional campers.

Looks like we are set for -
Saturday September 10th, show up whenever, eating time TBD
Vasa RV Resort, Lake Samammish
http://www.vasaparkresort.com/

This is awesome SL, thank you so much for getting this set up! I can bring plates, plastic utensils, cups - whatever we need to chow down, or anything else you can think of - let me know.

Okay great nothing like like seeing a plan come together glad we got that taken care of. Not sure what dish I will bring yet but have plenty of time for that. Also I would like to talk about weather or not you all would like to do the wing challenge at cheers west, assuming all my peppers and what not arrive in time. I talked to budwieser today and they are going to be sposoring the event I am sitting down and getting everything in place for that as well as co sponsers ext on Monday with Brandy. We will probably get some other beer company to sponsor the event as well and possibly a couple local hot sauce companies as well. I was thinking if the other hot sauce companies would like to participate we could set up some tables and they can give out some samples and sell their products as well as having their logo's on banners and fliers that will go out. We could possiblty do it on the Friday or Sunday after the PNW CHF. What do you guys think?

This is awesome! I can probably do the weekend after the PNW CHF. I'm also thinking I'd like to have my company Davez Foodz partake in the sampling area.

Ryan, for the wing challenge, is it any way possible to have it in an area that under-21 people can participate? I bet the Z&Z boys would want to particiate, my kid does, and I have 2 nieces (age 20) that want to do it also. They are pretty serious chileheads.

That is Awesome Dave! I was hoping to do it on the day after the PNWCHF so as many people that went to that could come enjoy what we're setting up at cheers. But I have not put a definite date on it just yet, if there is another date that works for everybody I am open to it. Anne Cheers West is now family friendly all the way up to 9pm so we dont have any age restrictions before than. After that it is 21 and older.

That's GREAT news, Ryan! I hope you can do it on Sunday of the same weekend. We'll bring some people in to it, and if the restaurant taps into their regular clientele, there could be quite a few participants.

This is a great idea. I wish I could attend. Unfortunately, my weekends are always busy especially towards the end of summer. Oh and Salsalady, I am going to be bottling my hot sauce here for a local restaurant. I might have a few questions about the process if you don't mind. And is anyone planning on going to the Fiery Foods Festival in Pasco? I will definitely make an appearance there.

H~ Andrew, have fun at the Pasco event. If it has new coordinators, I might consider checking it out again. I think it's the same weekend as the NW Chilefest though, so not this year. And I don't mind the questions. I had a lot of help getting started, glad to pay it back.

I went to the Pasco event a couple years ago after a few hours of picking chili peppers. We didn't stay too long, but it was fun.

Alright Chileaddict.. And especially you Salsalady.. You guys have talked me into it. I decided to take my 2nd week of vacation this year on Sep7th (my bday) which means I'll be off on that Saturday. I NEVER get Saturdays off. And between workin so much lately and others takin time off, I didn't know when I'd be able to get vaca time.. But It's set in stone now! 1 problem though.. Gonna work on the whole babysitting situation.. My mom does the farmers markets on saturdays around here and shes our only go-to babysitter.. But! there's a chance we could bring our daughter as well if that's okay with everyone.. Shes 15months now and she's real sweet n cute I promise. She HATES car rides though.. The get together is 48mins away from us, My Wife and I would LOVE to come (can't believe shes exited about it :P) she hates hot stuff lol. I was wondering what time this is all happening at? So we could maybe time her afternoon nap right before we leave. Lemme know.. And also.. What would everyone like us to bring? Nobody mentioned beer :D anyway let us know..I get free chips and salsa, amongst alot of other foods from my job, the salsa is amazing, it's our companies brand along with the chips.. I'd bring chiles but alot of them won't be ready til santa comes down the chimney hoping for cookies :mouthonfire:
Thanks again guys, Brandon

:woohoo: ! Right on, Brandon,

Definitely bring the kids! It's in a great park and for the older kids, there's a play area and swim area.

The time- is anytime on Saturday. Some of us will be camping there so any time people want to start showing up, maybe around noon, is fine. We can set an eating time for (???4:00???) What do you guys think? That'll give us time to snack on chips, salsas, dips, chile peppers, extracts, you name it... Just come on over whenever is convenient for you and if it works to drive during naptime, that is totally understood.

And there will be a lot of not-so-hot food also, so tell your lovely not to worry about that.

It's a bring-your-own-beverage (including beer :drink: ) but the park has a rule for day visitors of "no glass bottles", so bring your beer in cans, or wine in a box, or ....hmmmm.....if anyone was planning on bringing other alcohol, you may need to transfer it into a plastic bottle.

We'll have a cooler of lavender lemonade set out for everyone.

Can we get a head count started?
3 for the Salsafamily

Does anyone from the Seattle area have access to free firewood?

You're not supposed to transport wood from one area to another now, (bugs and stuff), so I'm wondering if anyone has access to some free firewood? If not, we'll just bring some anyway.

Shes 15months now and she's real sweet n cute I promise. She HATES car rides though..

I thought car rides put babies to sleep? Maybe thats just the movies lol.

That'll give us time to snack on chips, salsas, dips, chile peppers, extracts, you name it...

Why do I see the E word in there?!? lol.

I started serving a pulled pork special with bhut jolokia BBQ sauce which is pretty sweet however have totally dropped the ball on the wing competition which is pretty sad. Had to turn over some kitchen staff and have been working non stop and can not get the scorpion pods from AJ. sorry about that guys.

Does anyone from the Seattle area have access to free firewood?

You're not supposed to transport wood from one area to another now, (bugs and stuff), so I'm wondering if anyone has access to some free firewood? If not, we'll just bring some anyway.

I have lots of firewood I can bring. Just let me know how much.

Lazienfat, I feel the pain with the extra work. One cook I hired got two DUI's in 3 weeks, next cook smoked pot in my walk in, third cook had a "mental break down", and fourth cook can't cook. All in 2 weeks total. I only have a total 3 cooks including myself. That means I worked in the kitchen all day everyday. I love being the manager and on salary :liar: . If I could help with the Scorpions I would, however all I got is Nagas that I dried and put through the coffee grinder. :(

That'll give us time to snack on chips, salsas, dips, chile peppers, extracts, you name it...

Why do I see the E word in there?!? lol.
I started serving a pulled pork special with bhut jolokia BBQ sauce which is pretty sweet however have totally dropped the ball on the wing competition which is pretty sad. Had to turn over some kitchen staff and have been working non stop and can not get the scorpion pods from AJ. sorry about that guys.
I still have the little bottle from Cappy from last year, and a bottle of Candice's (Wildfire Chilli) Incinerator made with crystaline capsaicin. Think that'll be hot enough? :lol:

Your pulled pork bhut sauce, do you mean "sweet" as in contains sugar or "sweet" as in "way cool" ?

I have lots of firewood I can bring. Just let me know how much.

chileaddict, just bring what you feel like, enough for a little campfire in the evening. Thanks-

habaneroheat, do you want one of the tent for camping?

If its still available then that would be awesome!! Its just me and my wife it looks like. The other two are not sure if they can make it from Yakima.

yep, you can use it. Just bring blankets, sleeping bags, whatever.

I'll bring both tents just in case.

Back