event Northwest ChileFest 2011

Hey SL, working in the kitchen I work in, I can get awesome deals from my provider on whole chicken wings. I can then cut them up for you and bring them to you.
Aaron

Aaron, that would be GREAT! 15 lbs should do it, maybe go 20# if that's the case size. I have the cooker, pot, bowls, trays, utensils.....oil..... anything else?

I'm bringing some sauces from this little known wing sauce company out of New Jersey. I doubt anyone has heard of them. ;)

No problem, case size for me is 40#'s. I think 20#'s will get you about 25-30 whole wings, which makes about 50-60 pieces. These wings are bigger than the average ones you get that are prebreaded. Which makes for some big a$$ wings. So I'm going to bring all 40#'s. Do you think your cooker can handle them completely raw or should I par bake them for a couple minutes?

It should be able to handle it. We can do them in a couple batches if necessary. The Creator's (Defcon)directions for wings are to fry them for a few minutes, remove from the oil, pierce each piece, then continue to fry until done. There's directions around here somewhere, I'll have to look it up before we go. I think DuvallDave has done wings like that before.

If you can, put the wings in 3-4 bags or containers. So if we don't need all of them we can keep part of them in the cooler.

I'll have a variety of sauce heat levels also.

FOUND IT!!!

Just as a quick refresher, here's our tried and true prep method.

STEP 1Take 10 pounds of fresh wings (NEVER frozen) and CAREFULLY put them into 375 degree canola oil (preferably within a turkey fryer with approx. 2 ½ gallons of oil).

STEP 2Allow to fry for a few minutes, then remove from oil. They aren’t done yet! Stab each wing section ONCE with a 2-pronged BBQ fork. After all pieces are punctured, put back in the 375 degree oil.

STEP 3Allow to cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until crispy on the outside.

STEP 4Take fry basket directly from fryer, shake off some of the oil, and throw into stainless steel bowl.
Add as much Defcon wing sauce as you like into the bowl, toss ‘em up, serve ‘em up, and enjoy.
Repeat as needed.ENJOY!

It should be able to handle it. We can do them in a couple batches if necessary. The Creator's (Defcon)directions for wings are to fry them for a few minutes, remove from the oil, pierce each piece, then continue to fry until done. There's directions around here somewhere, I'll have to look it up before we go. I think DuvallDave has done wings like that before.

If you can, put the wings in 3-4 bags or containers. So if we don't need all of them we can keep part of them in the cooler.

I'll have a variety of sauce heat levels also.

Alright, I can do that.

Hey SL, working in the kitchen I work in, I can get awesome deals from my provider on whole chicken wings. I can then cut them up for you and bring them to you. That is if your having trouble finding a good deal on some. Otherwise I can certainly help you and others with the wings. I also haven't completely decided on what to bring. Thought about a dessert or a jello salad, but it sounds as if others are doing things similar. If anyone has ideas let me know.
Aaron

My pretzel pie is a dessert/jello salad all in one. Is anyone gonna make a homemade potato salad? just a suggestion...

Potato salad is always a great dish. If noone has plans to make it, I'll do it. That Cajun Potato salad was soooo gooood!

If there is still a spot left we would like to camp out on Sat. , Sat night! I will bring a bunch of smoked salmon, and spicy smoked salmon! BTW, if the wing sauces aren't already covered, which it sounds like they are, Stinger and Stinger X were developed as a spicy sweet wing sauce for a local bar.

If there is are no more spots available, we will be there to hang out for the day anyway.

Take Care,

Sam

Sam, you have a spot for camping! :woohoo:

and please bring your wing sauces, the more variety the merrier! Lots of taste testing to do and we LUV tasting new stuff.

I have a package from Cappy on the way, also.

Here's directions to the park, Very easy to find.
http://www.vasaparkresort.com/1530.html

We'll be there Friday night and Saturday night. Come on over any time Saturday morning. There will be 2 other families camping Saturday night.

If we can, let's shoot for eating at around 2:00 as some will be leaving early. Everyone can hang out as long as they want.

Anyone want to do an informal wing challenge????

Maybe someone can pick up some sauce from the Wing Dome and the challenge would be to see who can eat it without hurling. :sick:
(JUST KIDDING!)

Sam, you have a spot for camping! :woohoo:

and please bring your wing sauces, the more variety the merrier! Lots of taste testing to do and we LUV tasting new stuff.

I have a package from Cappy on the way, also.

Package left today so be there by Tuesday loaded with fresh pods and couple bottles of wing sauce. :lol: I hope ya'll have a great time at the NW Chilefest glad to contribute. Brains, Yellow 7, ButchT, Douglah, Bhut, plus many more.

Hey Cappy, you helped us out so much last year and I want to thank you for doing it again this year. SO MUCH HEAT! Your name will be mentioned often, I'm sure.

Sorry everybody for not participating here. But we haven't been to confident about making it. SL offered to road trip with them, so now we're at 85% there! We would pitch a tent. Man, all of a sudden I'm kind of excited! Ya'll wanna party? I do!

Look forward to meeting you SD!

I had fun with a salesman today. He was here at my place offering to install a heat pump. I asked him if he liked spicy food, specifically HOT. He said yes, so I let him try the Scorpion Strike Salsa. He was impressed with the taste, said it was real good. He had a few more chip dips. Then the Scorpion got a hold of him and next thing he knows he needed some relief in a hurry. Man I could of charged good money for that glass of milk. :mouthonfire: I lit him up good, but he was still complimentary about it in the end.....

Walt, that's funny! Don't we all have a twisted sense of humor?

Recently, Honey took one of our fresh fatalii pods in to work. The electricians on the job seem to like hot stuff, so...I've been happy to share some spice.

That particular morning, one of the apprentices showed up 45 minutes late for work. THe others had tasted the pod already. They said, "YOU'RE LATE! You have to eat a bite of this chile!"
Apprentice "do I have to?"
Journeymen "YES!"

so he ate a small piece and reacted accordingly.

A few minutes later, the delivery man for some equipment they had rented arrived at the job.
Delivery man "I'm so sorry I'm late with your equipment"
Journemen "YOU'RE LATE! You have to eat a bite of this chile!"
Delivery guy " Ummm...okay....."

30 seconds later...
Delivery guy "AAAAAGGGHHHHHH!"

Lesson of the day- don't be late around chilehead electricians!

What time are you all planning on showing up on the tenth? Its not looking like I can get the day off work. A cook quit and the other cook that was supposed to cover my shift that day cannot. I am thinking of working the night shift so maybe I could make it for a bit in the day........................ :mad:

What time are you all planning on showing up on the tenth? Its not looking like I can get the day off work. A cook quit and the other cook that was supposed to cover my shift that day cannot. I am thinking of working the night shift so maybe I could make it for a bit in the day........................ :mad:

Dude!! That blows, we were just talking about that. I won't make it until 11am. But if u want an on call/ part timer I'm always looking for extra cash to feed my Pepper fiend. :)

Dude!! That blows, we were just talking about that. I won't make it until 11am. But if u want an on call/ part timer I'm always looking for extra cash to feed my Pepper fiend. :)

Seriously? It seems like a long drive for a PT job. I am interviewing a guy tomorrow. I am looking for a PT line cook, would only be about 3 days a week and maybe some special events.

Seriously? It seems like a long drive for a PT job. I am interviewing a guy tomorrow. I am looking for a PT line cook, would only be about 3 days a week and maybe some special events.

Possibly, I don't know where you work. :lol: But my current job is an hour away. I helped open up. I brought it from frozen burgers to certified Angus beef. Plus i run the bar as you might remember. Anyway where you located.

Back