• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Not Bhut Jolokia?

Hey y'all. These came to me labeled as "red bhut jolokia". They were a freebie gift from a generous donor, so this is not in any way a complaint, just trying to be sure of what it is I'm growing. Pretty sure these are SBs, right? I'm happy either way!

9327875689_36b6494e6e_b.jpg

9330677894_38912c0c35_b.jpg

9330684696_dde2c37c4e_b.jpg

JoynersHotPeppers said:
They almost look like Bishop Crowns

Never tasted a bishop's crown before, but these guys pack quite punch. Ate a green one, and it was pretty doggone hot. I'm not eating another until they ripen.

Could be either but you will know when you taste one. Bishop's crowns are seranno hot and tasty. SBs are significantly hotter, but you knew that already. 

Jeff H said:
Could be either but you will know when you taste one. Bishop's crowns are seranno hot and tasty. SBs are significantly hotter, but you knew that already. 

Yeah, these are hotter than seranno, from the small green one I tasted

rhm3769 said:
They look like the two annuum scotch bonnet plants I had last year....
yes they do look like SB's but true SB's are chinense's from what i gather, (im not correcting you by the way)
i grew the yellow Jamaican Mushroom last year and i have one again this year not a bad pepper and not very hot
they are an annum

thanks your friend Joe

ZenPepper said:
these look like my Trinidad perfume, they are not hot, its probably hard to tell just by their shape.
i had not considered that you could be that, but there a bit smaller these from what i can get from the pic are bigger

thanks your friend Joe

Back