• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

NOT SELLING SEEDS ANYMORE

Never dealt with Joe, but I've seen his kindness on the forum. He may be nice to a fault, in that, people take advantage of his kindness. Joe, like I said, don't take it personally. You can't please everyone, even if you go out of your way. Just provide service with a smile and move on to the next.

Use tracking. Then you can confirm delivery. For all we know, the dudes neighbors are stealing his mail. Don't let this get you down!
I would pay more for tracking, so i think others would too.

OK, Seriously....

There are a ton of varieties on your grow list that I would love to buy from you in a heartbeat!
In particular your choco hand grenade, among many many others.

So I am going to officially say that if you decide to keep selling seeds, give me a heads up when you are ready, because I want to be first in line....a long long line....

Sorry to hear this Joe. You've been great to me as well. It's a real shame to have that happen, but as many others said, I would let it roll off. You know in your heart you did the right thing and that's the best you can do. USPS does SUCK lately. The idiots took a $100 item I sold on Ebay that was incredibly well packed and still managed to find a way to damage it in transit. I am PISSED. The way I packed it, it would have taken some serious abuse to do that. Not all are bad of course, but they need to get their act together. They are losing many more packages now than previous years. They need to have liability for their actions.

Chris

Ajijoe has not only sold awesome varieties for almost nothing, he has given so much more away for free. His kindness towards me, I will not forget. Told Joe last year that I would be paying it forward from the varieties he give to me for free. When I talk to my chili brothers and the name The good Joe ;) comes up...we are talking about you, the only Joe I or my friends will do biz with. Couple days and you feel better about the whole thing. Got a box with your name on it, coming to you in June Sir! Take care my friend. :)
thank you

im not going to stop giving

your friend Joe

Joe you are seriously one of the nicest and most generous guys on here. I completely understand the post office has become completely pathetic always delivering late or sometimes not at all. Also Delivering packages ruined and its unfortunate that you will not be selling seeds anymore. I liked your collection and your pricing was unbeatable

UPDATE

THE FELLOW HAS RECONSIDERED HIS VIEW ABOUT ME, HE APOLOGIZED FOR HIS SUSPICIONS ABOUT ME!!
he dosnt believe anymore that i had anything to do with him not getting his seeds
i would still like to think he will get them

bottom line is the post office still sucks and i cant trust them and it pains me to charge people more when it should never have been needed
all we asked is that the post office do there job and do it right, something needs to be done, but what??

thanks your friend Joe

Good to hear this Joe
Hope this helps in your decision to keep doing what you do.
it has but unfortunately i will have to ask more for shipping because if i do decide to sell again everything will be return receipt requested and that costs more but at least this way i wont have this problem anymore, it will also be more of a P.I.T.A.
because orders will take longer to process because i have to go to the post office or FED EX hub every time i wanna send something and i really dont have the gas, time or patience for such things
this is something im considering as well
bottom line im not gonna stop helping!!
thanks your friend Joe

it has but unfortunately i will have to ask more for shipping because if i do decide to sell again everything will be return receipt requested and that costs more but at least this way i wont have this problem anymore, it will also be more of a P.I.T.A.
because orders will take longer to process because i have to go to the post office or FED EX hub every time i wanna send something and i really dont have the gas, time or patience for such things
this is something im considering as well
bottom line im not gonna stop helping!!
thanks your friend Joe

Good to hear that you are going to keep going with the seeds.
Sucks that you will have to charge more for shipping but it is better to have that piece of mind.

I think return receipt is overkill. Just set your prices to reflect a certain amount of loss, like businesses do. These should be few and far between, but when they happen, take the loss and send the package they said they never got. That's business.

What about just confirmation? (They call it tracking now)

Seems logical.

Joe, whatever you decide, you will always be a well trusted and valuable member to this community. I have never gotten seeds from you, but you were one of the first people to reach out to me when I joined. We have all seen your generosity day in and day out. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe when you print shipping labels at home you can add tracking without a trip to the PO. I'm sure no one here would turn up their nose at an increase in prices to cover the cost of business. Thanks for all you do for us!

I hope if this person gets their seeds they make a very public apology for making you feel the way they did. This thread would be a good place to do so.

1000% agree

Joe, whatever you decide, you will always be a well trusted and valuable member to this community. I have never gotten seeds from you, but you were one of the first people to reach out to me when I joined. We have all seen your generosity day in and day out. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe when you print shipping labels at home you can add tracking without a trip to the PO. I'm sure no one here would turn up their nose at an increase in prices to cover the cost of business. Thanks for all you do for us!

1000% agree
thank you
your friend Joe

I agree 100% Darth. I am not usually one to join in on a lovefest for a vendor, but the one time I met Joe, he could not have been more generous or nicer. He treated me like we were long lost friends. I have seen him treat everyone else here like this, and if the member here who had the unfortunate encounter is reading this, you should be ashamed of yourself. If you are a member here for five years you should have known better. There had to be an explanation and you should have known that no matter what Joe would make it right.

I hate to sound paranoid but has it occurred to you that the one getting focked is you Joe?

Think about it - you have 99% satisfied customer and ond whiney jackass claiming you "shafted" him.

Maybe this dudes glomming free seeds off you.

Also possible this one dude's mailman is screwing with him, or a neighbor is stealing his mail.

If you've now sent multiple shipments & none have arrived then I'm not buying it. Once, sure. But no way do two in a row not make it.

Sounds like you're getting ripped off, not him.

I hate to sound paranoid but has it occurred to you that the one getting focked is you Joe?

Think about it - you have 99% satisfied customer and ond whiney jackass claiming you "shafted" him.

Maybe this dudes glomming free seeds off you.

Also possible this one dude's mailman is screwing with him, or a neighbor is stealing his mail.

If you've now sent multiple shipments & none have arrived then I'm not buying it. Once, sure. But no way do two in a row not make it.

Sounds like you're getting ripped off, not him.

Spot on.

I agree 100% Darth. I am not usually one to join in on a lovefest for a vendor, but the one time I met Joe, he could not have been more generous or nicer. He treated me like we were long lost friends. I have seen him treat everyone else here like this, and if the member here who had the unfortunate encounter is reading this, you should be ashamed of yourself. If you are a member here for five years you should have known better. There had to be an explanation and you should have known that no matter what Joe would make it right.
Jay t check this out if you haven't seen it

UPDATE

THE FELLOW HAS RECONSIDERED HIS VIEW ABOUT ME, HE APOLOGIZED FOR HIS SUSPICIONS ABOUT ME!!
he dosnt believe anymore that i had anything to do with him not getting his seeds
i would still like to think he will get them

bottom line is the post office still sucks and i cant trust them and it pains me to charge people more when it should never have been needed
all we asked is that the post office do there job and do it right, something needs to be done, but what??

thanks your friend Joe

Back