• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense OBEAH F1 - Reaper x MoA Scotch Bonnet

I am currently selecting F2 seeds. I will only select 4 lobed w/ bonnet. I am getting 4 lobed w/ bonnet & tail, I will be saving those as well. I hope all who inquire get a chance to grow.

I just took a sample bite of another pod. Flavor is awesome. The burn is so unique, the way it hits and moves away is rare. Kind of like a heavy weight boxer, or a majic trick, now you see it......

STEVE954 said:
I am currently selecting F2 seeds. I will only select 4 lobed w/ bonnet. I am getting 4 lobed w/ bonnet & tail, I will be saving those as well. I hope all who inquire get a chance to grow.

I just took a sample bite of another pod. Flavor is awesome. The burn is so unique, the way it hits and moves away is rare. Kind of like a heavy weight boxer, or a majic trick, now you see it......
Steve you have some interesting peppers going on what with this one & the sb7j x moa yellow scotch bonnet
What would you say the heat is around say maybe 800 at a guess?
The lake valley seed company Jamaican Red (I think its the red version of Jamaican Gold ) heat is kinda like these obeah f1 as far as hitting and backing away they sometimes leave a slow pleasant burn after backing off but they are mushroom/ squash peppers Cap annuums & these are Cap Chinense & loads hotter so the peaking & backing off is a pleasant treat with great bonnet flavor to boot

STEVE954 said:

That 4 lobed with the tail looks awesome!!  That is a great pheno that clearly shows both great specimens.  Well done.  I think anyone would love to grow those.  If you get enough seeds I know I would definitely be interested.   :clap:

Plantguy76 said:
Steve you have some interesting peppers going on what with this one & the sb7j x moa yellow scotch bonnet
What would you say the heat is around say maybe 800 at a guess?
The lake valley seed company Jamaican Red (I think its the red version of Jamaican Gold ) heat is kinda like these obeah f1 as far as hitting and backing away they sometimes leave a slow pleasant burn after backing off but they are mushroom/ squash peppers Cap annuums & these are Cap Chinense & loads hotter so the peaking & backing off is a pleasant treat with great bonnet flavor to boot
I would say the heat is around 600k give or take 50k

STEVE954 said:
Four pods selected for F2 seeds .....

That most recent picture has them looking very much like the red pheno of the MOA Bonnets Judy offered last year- except for the tiny Reaper tail going on!!!Those are truly beautiful specimens. They look thick-walled / crunchy (?). The description of the initial explosive burn which subsides quickly sounds awesome! Like a much hotter Chiletepin! (one of my faves.)  :party:

Jamison said:
Those must be P2P2 pods eh Steve?
Hey Jamer!

No. These pods are from p1p1. More specifically, they are all from the same plant. The p2p1 and p2p2 pods took on more of a jolokia shape. Not growing them out. In fact, I loaded the dehydrator last night with every ripe Obeah pod(seeds and all) minus the 4 selected pods above.
For all who wish to grow Obeah F2 seeds, they will only come from these pods.

Steve

I would love the opportunity to add these to my next year's grow!

STEVE954 said:
Hey Jamer!

No. These pods are from p1p1. More specifically, they are all from the same plant. The p2p1 and p2p2 pods took on more of a jolokia shape. Not growing them out. In fact, I loaded the dehydrator last night with every ripe Obeah pod(seeds and all) minus the 4 selected pods above.

Steve

Hey Jamer!

Steve

My taste buds would love to grow and taste this awesome fruits. I'm PayPal ready.

STEVE954 said:
I will be sending BACK sasbe's around Christmas time.

No money required. Just a good old fashioned Self Addressed Stamped Bubble Envelope.

I have around 100 selected seeds. I will keep about 25. I'll give away the rest.

3-6 seeds per request.

Steve

Thanks Steve.  PM sent.

Back