• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

OCD 2017!!!

Well it's 2017. Finally! Last year was a success, as far as the ground plants were concerned. Virgin, clay ground. My Chinese got smacked by hail twice! No room for error with those. Out of 12 plants I got ONE BBG. First and only. That variety is cursed. Tried for the past 3 years and some sort of calimity happens.

This year I decided to try 21+ different varieties of the BBG. I have 9 Reaper crosses. 21 and counting other varieties. I built a hoophouse and some COB led's. Planning on getting them outside in March sometime. That might be a delusion, beings I'm in Colorado. We shall see. There is only a few varieties that I've grown before. The rest are all new. I'm planning on isolating most of them.

Just started some Lemon Drops for Throwdown Growdown. I will wait a couple weeks before I start the others. Everything needs to be in order before I germinate. No turning back at that point. I want two plants from most varieties. Plants need to be woody by ground day. That's the only way I have a chance at success with late maturity varieties. If I have extras, I'll give away to my friends of THP.

My list is growing, but not much. Here is some of the varieties that made the cut.

Naga BBG (Red)
Chocolate BBG
Orange BBG (ISO)
BBG x PDN
Tobago Treasure x BBG
Red Gum Tiger Mamp
BBG Peach Ghost Jami
BBG Cluster
BBG Yellow (large)
BBG Scorpion
Aji Jobito x BBG
Red Gum Nagabrain Tiger Mamp
Peach Bhut BBG
BBG Apocalypse
Bhutla x BBG
Srtsl x BBG
7pot Lava Chocolate x BBG
Bleeding Borg9
Tommy Gum
Orange Naga BBG
Peach Naga BBG

Reaper x Red Mayan Habanero
Reaper x Yellow Scorpion
Reaper x Purple Bhut
Reaper x Pimenta
Reaper x Peach Bhut
Naga Reaper
Brainstrain x Reaper
Sepia Reaper x Neyde
ButchT x Reaper

Congo x ButchT
Peach Ghost Scorpion x Primo
Apocalypse Scorpion
Black Bhutlah Scorpion
Primo
Chocolate Primo
Baby Morich
Scorpion XXX (Holiday)
Fidalgo Roxa x Grao De Bode
Nagabon
BOC (Gary)
Andy's King BOC
Bhut Peach
Jigsaw x Habanero
Giant Trinidad Scorpion (Randy)
Taba Naga
Perfect red Bhut (Rick)
Fatalii Gourmet Jigsaw (Jukka)
Scotch Brain (ISO)
Naga Brain Yellow
Rocato (Chinese) (Jukka)

3Way Caribbean Red
4Way Caribbean Red
Foodarama
Sicman's Mystery (Red, Purple Spots) (Jason)
SB7J (UFO) (Justin)
Venezuela Tiger x SRTSL
Mustard Moruga Brain
Black Panther
Aji Lemondrop
Aji Pineapple
Aji Amarillo
Sadabahar
Chi-Chien
Goats Weed

Thanks for stopping by. Wish you all the best of luck in 2017.

stettoman said:
This kind of ambitious operation would have me in a 6 foot hole.

That was meant as a compliment, but it's also true. I'm pretty sure my wife would sneak up behind me with a 4-pound sledge if I were to get any more industrious than I already am, bribes like her favorite squash and *ick* beets notwithstanding...

Nice operation, Chuck. I envy you the enthusiastic helper. It takes an act of Congress and a good loud whip to get my kids to pull a weed...
Hey Eric. Thanks for the kind words. I tend to take things to the extremes. This year my main goal was in search for some good looking plants, good heat, and unique pods. I'm also going for isolated seed stock. Not in search for the hottest pod, even though my tolerance is quite high.

Thanks for stopping in.

Took advantage of the extra light after work and got some soil into some pots. Also got a pic of the Mutant Candlelight. Seeds were generously sent to me by Jur-Z-Devil (Jason). Haven't seen him in awhile. May have to send him a post card with the good news. Been finishing up on some electrical in the cob led. It will support all my plants with no problems.

Attachments

• IMG_1293.JPG
    IMG_1293.JPG
    185.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1294.JPG
    IMG_1294.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 54
stickman said:

Most excellent! Glad to see you have re-potting well in hand and with your boy helping you. I got bitten by the gardening bug helping my Mom, and the lessons I learned with her have been with me always. :)

Thanks for the additional input Scott, you're more scientific about it than I am. Lol!
Thanks Rick. I never grew up with gardening. I wish I had. I stumbled upon it. I'm glad I did. It's really relaxing for me, even though it can be a bit chaotic this time of year.

You have a superior grow going on there, Charles!
Very clean and professional.  Can't wait to see your
hoop house full of big, green plants!

PaulG said:
You have a superior grow going on there, Charles!
Very clean and professional.  Can't wait to see your
hoop house full of big, green plants!
Thanks Paul!

Not quite in your league. Progress rather than perfection.

Trident chilli said:
That soil looks super Chuck .... won't be long before you have a jungle below the hoops
Thank you Sir! Need to get the hoop house done as well. Thanks for reminding me. LOL

The soil seems to be doing well on my recent aerogarden transplants.

Thanks again John.

stickman said:
Looking good Chuck! Maybe 4 more weeks 'til Dirt-day?
I'm thinking so. If I get these potted up this week, they'll be big enough. I want them stems to have some maturity before they hit the ground. This Winter has been weird. It was 74 yesterday. Without row covers or house, second week of May is when I'm in the ground.

I'm dreading potting up. I'm right around 200 plants. I have homes for around 70 plants in the ground. I'm thinking another 30 in pots. That's 100, leaving me with 100 left. So now that I've got this on paper, I should probably only pot up 100 plants in the bigger pots and the other 100 in smaller the ones.

That makes me feel a little better. Thanks Rick!

Devv said:
Same here Chuck. It's seems for the most part we're 30 days ahead of schedule this year.

I hope that doesn't apply to the summer coming in early!
Oh, I'm dreading the Summer. It stays in the 90's all Summer unless we get a storm. 50's at night though. That's a 40 degree difference. I'm hoping the plastic mulch does well for me.

Chuck things are moving at a pace for us now that plant out is in site.As you, I plant out in early May.Seeing you and the boy brings back fond memories of my son spending time in the yard with me.Then he started chasing girls and he was of no use in the yard for a spell.He would get on the rider the only straight path cut was on the perimeter as he was always in a hurry to go meet up at the school activity going on.He got away with "I could not get the mower started" ONCE.I bought a new rider and it fixed that. ;)

randyp said:
       Chuck things are moving at a pace for us now that plant out is in site.As you, I plant out in early May.Seeing you and the boy brings back fond memories of my son spending time in the yard with me.Then he started chasing girls and he was of no use in the yard for a spell.He would get on the rider the only straight path cut was on the perimeter as he was always in a hurry to go meet up at the school activity going on.He got away with "I could not get the mower started" ONCE.I bought a new rider and it fixed that. ;)
Thanks Randy. Ha ha ha! Yeah he enjoys it now but we will see in a few years from now. He will help as long as he lives at home. LOL!

I managed to get my plants potted up and my diy COB led running. Well... not at first. Got me into panic mode when I plugged it in and nothing happened. A loose connection in the string. This is the majority of them. I have about another 21 in the aero garden i need to pot up. Have about 30 extras, I'll send to San Diego.

Attachments

• IMG_1329.JPG
    IMG_1329.JPG
    183.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1328.JPG
    IMG_1328.JPG
    265.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1330.JPG
    IMG_1330.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1331.JPG
    IMG_1331.JPG