• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

OCD 2017!!!

Well it's 2017. Finally! Last year was a success, as far as the ground plants were concerned. Virgin, clay ground. My Chinese got smacked by hail twice! No room for error with those. Out of 12 plants I got ONE BBG. First and only. That variety is cursed. Tried for the past 3 years and some sort of calimity happens.

This year I decided to try 21+ different varieties of the BBG. I have 9 Reaper crosses. 21 and counting other varieties. I built a hoophouse and some COB led's. Planning on getting them outside in March sometime. That might be a delusion, beings I'm in Colorado. We shall see. There is only a few varieties that I've grown before. The rest are all new. I'm planning on isolating most of them.

Just started some Lemon Drops for Throwdown Growdown. I will wait a couple weeks before I start the others. Everything needs to be in order before I germinate. No turning back at that point. I want two plants from most varieties. Plants need to be woody by ground day. That's the only way I have a chance at success with late maturity varieties. If I have extras, I'll give away to my friends of THP.

My list is growing, but not much. Here is some of the varieties that made the cut.

Naga BBG (Red)
Chocolate BBG
Orange BBG (ISO)
BBG x PDN
Tobago Treasure x BBG
Red Gum Tiger Mamp
BBG Peach Ghost Jami
BBG Cluster
BBG Yellow (large)
BBG Scorpion
Aji Jobito x BBG
Red Gum Nagabrain Tiger Mamp
Peach Bhut BBG
BBG Apocalypse
Bhutla x BBG
Srtsl x BBG
7pot Lava Chocolate x BBG
Bleeding Borg9
Tommy Gum
Orange Naga BBG
Peach Naga BBG

Reaper x Red Mayan Habanero
Reaper x Yellow Scorpion
Reaper x Purple Bhut
Reaper x Pimenta
Reaper x Peach Bhut
Naga Reaper
Brainstrain x Reaper
Sepia Reaper x Neyde
ButchT x Reaper

Congo x ButchT
Peach Ghost Scorpion x Primo
Apocalypse Scorpion
Black Bhutlah Scorpion
Primo
Chocolate Primo
Baby Morich
Scorpion XXX (Holiday)
Fidalgo Roxa x Grao De Bode
Nagabon
BOC (Gary)
Andy's King BOC
Bhut Peach
Jigsaw x Habanero
Giant Trinidad Scorpion (Randy)
Taba Naga
Perfect red Bhut (Rick)
Fatalii Gourmet Jigsaw (Jukka)
Scotch Brain (ISO)
Naga Brain Yellow
Rocato (Chinese) (Jukka)

3Way Caribbean Red
4Way Caribbean Red
Foodarama
Sicman's Mystery (Red, Purple Spots) (Jason)
SB7J (UFO) (Justin)
Venezuela Tiger x SRTSL
Mustard Moruga Brain
Black Panther
Aji Lemondrop
Aji Pineapple
Aji Amarillo
Sadabahar
Chi-Chien
Goats Weed

Thanks for stopping by. Wish you all the best of luck in 2017.

Bhuter said:
Looking great, Chuck! Nice video updates. I had to smile when I saw your "micro" grow. I have the same thing going on. 4 plants in 4" pots. Like you, I just couldn't let them die. And now they have ripe pods on them. Lol. I can't believe how warm it still is for you. It's in the 40's here this morning. Had to put on a hoodie to check the garden. I hope it warms back up here. I'm not done peppering yet. Lol. Great job!
Thanks Adam!

I have like 30 plants in the 4" containers. I'm going to try and keep a couple over the Winter. Its been pretty warm this Summer. I'm not looking forward to Winter. I'll take Summer any day. Yeah, it's hot, but you can still do things outdoors. I'm not into the snow, so I don't do much outdoor activities in the Winter. DIY projects and stuff. Bilt my led light this last winter. Got plans for a aeroponic seedling setup this Winter. Hope your temps rise.

I have to give thanks to you all that have sent me care packages. You are all great people and good friends. Had to give recognition to you all.

Adam (Bhuter) sent me some cool pods as well as his 7potCinder (hot as hell).

Andrew (Guatemalan Insanity Pepper) sent me a box of very cool pods I've never had before. Will be growing a couple from that batch. Edit: He also sent some kick as powder and flakes. They are all very good. Smoked Serrano was excellent! Made omelettes with all of them. Yum!

Andrew (96strat) sent me a box of mixed heat. Some great Scotchbrains and some other really hot ones.

Randy(randyp) sent a box of his famous heat. Growing one of his Scorpion varieties from a box he sent last year.

The other day I get home and to my surprise, there is a large flat rate box. Its full of peppers. Didn't know they were coming. Well it turns out its from our good friend Justin (jcw10tc).
IMG_0544.JPG

I can't express the enormous amount of gratitude, for the thoughtful and kind gifts you all sent me. You are all amazing people. I hope to pay it forward as well as send you guys some cool pods in the near future (hopefully October ). Plants are flowering now.

Thank you again, you all rock.

Chuck

OCD Chilehead said:
Thought I would share a few of my plants from the microgarden (4in. Pots)

Naga Suomi x Guwahati Bhut
attachicon.gif
IMG_0547.JPG

Tabasco x Naga
attachicon.gif
IMG_0549.JPG

Venezuela Tiger x SRTSL
attachicon.gif
IMG_0551.JPG

BOC
attachicon.gif
IMG_0553.JPG

BBG7 Cluster
attachicon.gif
IMG_0555.JPG

Caribbean Red
attachicon.gif
IMG_0557.JPG

Jigsaw x Habanero
attachicon.gif
IMG_0561.JPG

Primo
attachicon.gif
IMG_0562.JPG

BOC
attachicon.gif
IMG_0563.JPG
Some stunning plants there Chuck and some great crosses. Hang in the buddy you will get pods.
Hoop house plants look in great health and great to see flowers pods arriving.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Superhot Sim said:
Some stunning plants there Chuck and some great crosses. Hang in the buddy you will get pods.
Hoop house plants look in great health and great to see flowers pods arriving.

Thanks Simmy! The plants are small, but look really cool. I've never grown a plant to maturity in such a small container. I'll pot a few up in 5x5's and see how long I can keep them going.

Bhuter said:
There IS somebody growing the BBG7 Cluster. I see you've got pods. Save those seeds because I don't think Justin carries them anymore. Very nice little plants! They look healthy and happy in their little pots. Great stuff!
Thanks Adam!

I have the BBG Cluster growing in the ground as well. I think, I still have some seeds left that Justin sent me. I'll save some seeds for you or whoever.

Devv said:
Congrats on the micro garden Chuck!

And kudos to those who sent you pods. I would if I had the produce ;)

Next year will be killer or bust for both of us :shh:
Thank you Scott.

Yeah, I can't thank them enough. I know you would. I'm hoping to send some to you this year. We shall see. I believe next year is our year for sure. I think your ground will equal out by Spring. Don't forget that soil test. That's valuable information.

OCD Chilehead said:
I have to give thanks to you all that have sent me care packages. You are all great people and good friends. Had to give recognition to you all.

Adam (Bhuter) sent me some cool pods as well as his 7potCinder (hot as hell).

Andrew (Guatemalan Insanity Pepper) sent me a box of very cool pods I've never had before. Will be growing a couple from that batch. Edit: He also sent some kick as powder and flakes. They are all very good. Smoked Serrano was excellent! Made omelettes with all of them. Yum!

Andrew (96strat) sent me a box of mixed heat. Some great Scotchbrains and some other really hot ones.

Randy(randyp) sent a box of his famous heat. Growing one of his Scorpion varieties from a box he sent last year.

The other day I get home and to my surprise, there is a large flat rate box. Its full of peppers. Didn't know they were coming. Well it turns out its from our good friend Justin (jcw10tc).
attachicon.gif
IMG_0544.JPG

I can't express the enormous amount of gratitude, for the thoughtful and kind gifts you all sent me. You are all amazing people. I hope to pay it forward as well as send you guys some cool pods in the near future (hopefully October ). Plants are flowering now.

Thank you again, you all rock.

Chuck

The people on this site rockz!

OCD Chilehead said:
Had to post this pic of the garden. I had to take my time trying to get to the back. Can't believe this is the same plants exactly 2 months ago. I need to put some t-post's at both ends and run some line to pull back the plants.

July 12th
attachicon.gif
IMG_0317.JPG

September 12th
attachicon.gif
IMG_0591.JPG
Dang! I'm just in awe Chuck! I hope they're producing pods to match their height.

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

Chuck you in there dude, them trees pulled you right in there [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] there ready to produce buddy and your going to be be busy picking. Patience always pays off with these dam peppers. [emoji6] Been rooting for you all the way.
Great growing now time to "Boss it " [emoji106]

Superhot Sim said:
Chuck you in there dude, them trees pulled you right in there [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] there ready to produce buddy and your going to be be busy picking. Patience always pays off with these dam peppers. [emoji6] Been rooting for you all the way.
Great growing now time to "Boss it " [emoji106]

Thanks Simmy,

Your to kind. I hope, I get some production. I would like to fulfill my promise and send you the seeds you wanted.

Back