• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

OCD 2017!!!

Well it's 2017. Finally! Last year was a success, as far as the ground plants were concerned. Virgin, clay ground. My Chinese got smacked by hail twice! No room for error with those. Out of 12 plants I got ONE BBG. First and only. That variety is cursed. Tried for the past 3 years and some sort of calimity happens.

This year I decided to try 21+ different varieties of the BBG. I have 9 Reaper crosses. 21 and counting other varieties. I built a hoophouse and some COB led's. Planning on getting them outside in March sometime. That might be a delusion, beings I'm in Colorado. We shall see. There is only a few varieties that I've grown before. The rest are all new. I'm planning on isolating most of them.

Just started some Lemon Drops for Throwdown Growdown. I will wait a couple weeks before I start the others. Everything needs to be in order before I germinate. No turning back at that point. I want two plants from most varieties. Plants need to be woody by ground day. That's the only way I have a chance at success with late maturity varieties. If I have extras, I'll give away to my friends of THP.

My list is growing, but not much. Here is some of the varieties that made the cut.

Naga BBG (Red)
Chocolate BBG
Orange BBG (ISO)
BBG x PDN
Tobago Treasure x BBG
Red Gum Tiger Mamp
BBG Peach Ghost Jami
BBG Cluster
BBG Yellow (large)
BBG Scorpion
Aji Jobito x BBG
Red Gum Nagabrain Tiger Mamp
Peach Bhut BBG
BBG Apocalypse
Bhutla x BBG
Srtsl x BBG
7pot Lava Chocolate x BBG
Bleeding Borg9
Tommy Gum
Orange Naga BBG
Peach Naga BBG

Reaper x Red Mayan Habanero
Reaper x Yellow Scorpion
Reaper x Purple Bhut
Reaper x Pimenta
Reaper x Peach Bhut
Naga Reaper
Brainstrain x Reaper
Sepia Reaper x Neyde
ButchT x Reaper

Congo x ButchT
Peach Ghost Scorpion x Primo
Apocalypse Scorpion
Black Bhutlah Scorpion
Primo
Chocolate Primo
Baby Morich
Scorpion XXX (Holiday)
Fidalgo Roxa x Grao De Bode
Nagabon
BOC (Gary)
Andy's King BOC
Bhut Peach
Jigsaw x Habanero
Giant Trinidad Scorpion (Randy)
Taba Naga
Perfect red Bhut (Rick)
Fatalii Gourmet Jigsaw (Jukka)
Scotch Brain (ISO)
Naga Brain Yellow
Rocato (Chinese) (Jukka)

3Way Caribbean Red
4Way Caribbean Red
Foodarama
Sicman's Mystery (Red, Purple Spots) (Jason)
SB7J (UFO) (Justin)
Venezuela Tiger x SRTSL
Mustard Moruga Brain
Black Panther
Aji Lemondrop
Aji Pineapple
Aji Amarillo
Sadabahar
Chi-Chien
Goats Weed

Thanks for stopping by. Wish you all the best of luck in 2017.

stickman said:
Looking good Chuck! It's nice to see your chiles flowering. You're right, the plants are monsters! Hete's hoping for a mild autumn so you get a bumper crop. [emoji106]

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk
karoo said:
Wow , those plant are looking great , the hard work and planning and building will now bear fruit , pun intended.

Devv said:
Good to see the plants flowering Chuck, and they look awesome. I know it's been a long road this season, and we all have your back ;)

Wishing you the best!
Thanks Rick, Jacques and Scott.

With the plants flowering I think, I have a chance. Did you guys watch the video that Gary posted. He just visited Matthew and Carla Arthur and made a video of their garden. Matthew says a lot of his plants are just flowering and will have pods in October. He comments it's been a weird year. Just it out, its a cool video.

You mentioned a weird year; it's certainly been one here as well! Although I will take most of the blame ;)  Does that make ME weird? Probably :shh:

You got the flowers, don't know your current temps. Bhut you will have peppers. I've been paying attention to those that set despite the heat, and they will be in the garden again next season. B.O.C is just one that's not caring :P

Glad to see the flowers  Chuck as your  temps decrease...cacti also doing well..things are looking up ..nice of you to do the videos to keep us posted.
 Here Its so cool here this morning when I woke up at 7ish it was 55*..now its in the 60's...at 9pm...but the day had some heat..high 70's.
such variables  temps eh!  Such a large country we have & every corner is very different weatherwise.
Will keep an eye out for your updates...sending a lot of + vibes all the way  my friend. :P

Hi Chuck! I just wanted to thank you again for the Giant Yellow Scorpion seeks you sent me from the Hippy Seed co last year. It's one of the most productive plants I have going right now, and I thought you might appreciate a couple pics of the first ripe pod from the plant this year. Cheers!

0829170635.jpg

0829172123.jpg

Hope all is well with you and yours!

PaulG said:
Hey Charles - loving' your 4"pot grow!

Amazing to see tiny plants producing pods...
Thanks Paul! I love the little plants. I'm going to focus on them. I would like to keep some of them indoors this Winter. Like a Bonchi. They are 9 months old now. Having a few peppers turn color.

Naga Suomi x Guwahati Bhut

Attachments

• IMG_0524.JPG
    IMG_0524.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0525.JPG
    IMG_0525.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 76
Devv said:
You mentioned a weird year; it's certainly been one here as well! Although I will take most of the blame ;)  Does that make ME weird? Probably :shh:

You got the flowers, don't know your current temps. Bhut you will have peppers. I've been paying attention to those that set despite the heat, and they will be in the garden again next season. B.O.C is just one that's not caring :P
Hey Scott!

Thanks!

Sorry I haven't been updating that much. I too am taking note on what's blooming in the heat. Just need some pod tests. I love that BOC. I want to make a sauce out of them. My goal is make a bottle of sauce for every other pepper I'm growing. We shall see.

wiriwiri said:
Glad to see the flowers  Chuck as your  temps decrease...cacti also doing well..things are looking up ..nice of you to do the videos to keep us posted.
 Here Its so cool here this morning when I woke up at 7ish it was 55*..now its in the 60's...at 9pm...but the day had some heat..high 70's.
such variables  temps eh!  Such a large country we have & every corner is very different weatherwise.
Will keep an eye out for your updates...sending a lot of + vibes all the way  my friend. :P

Thanks Sandy! Glad to hear from you. Crazy weather all around. I feel for our brothers and sisters down in Houston. Tragic.

I'll try and update more. Hope all is well.

stickman said:
Hi Chuck! I just wanted to thank you again for the Giant Yellow Scorpion seeks you sent me from the Hippy Seed co last year. It's one of the most productive plants I have going right now, and I thought you might appreciate a couple pics of the first ripe pod from the plant this year. Cheers!

attachicon.gif
0829170635.jpg
attachicon.gif
0829172123.jpg

Hope all is well with you and yours!
Your very welcome Rick. Those are amazing pods. They will make a nice sauce or powder. Thanks for the pics. My biggest pods are from one of Randy's Scorpion plants. Nothing like that though.

Everything's looking stellar under the hoophouse Chuck! If you can keep things going under there for another 8 weeks you'll have more pods than you'll know what to do with... Great job!
How are the plants doing outside?

stickman said:
Everything's looking stellar under the hoophouse Chuck! If you can keep things going under there for another 8 weeks you'll have more pods than you'll know what to do with... Great job!
How are the plants doing outside?

Thanks Rick.

Plants are doing the same outdoors. Starting to flower. My Aji Lemon drop has lots of little pods and flowers. Definitely going to grow more earlier varieties next year. The temps are getting cooler at night. Yesterday high was 99, this morning 51. 50 degree difference. That will usually get things rolling.

Devv said:
Good stuff there Chuck! The plants are looking great, and soon you'll be wondering what to do with all the pods ;)

Year one is the learning experience, and I'm impressed with your results.

Now being I used to do what you're now doing for a living, check this stuff out: http://www.okeeffescompany.com/working-hands.

A hard working product for a hard working individual ;)  Been there done that :shh:

Thanks Scott.

I hear ya. I hate trying new things when it comes to growing, but if in the long run I benefit from it, I don't mind.

Hey. How did you know my hands are weathered. LOL!

That stuff really works? I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

OCD Chilehead said:
Thanks Scott.

I hear ya. I hate trying new things when it comes to growing, but if in the long run I benefit from it, I don't mind.

Hey. How did you know my hands are weathered. LOL!

That stuff really works? I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

Yes it does! That and don't use solvents to wash your hands, that stuff is bad for you and your skin. Your liver processes it eventually. I spent 25 years as an auto tech, it took a while before I figured out how to make my hands look like I hand a desk job..LOL
Gojo is easy on ya...

And I hear ya about trying new things. My goal to have the soil retain moisture a bit better and pump it up a bit hurt me in the short term. I'm hoping to reap the benefits next season :rolleyes:

Looking great, Chuck! Nice video updates. I had to smile when I saw your "micro" grow. I have the same thing going on. 4 plants in 4" pots. Like you, I just couldn't let them die. And now they have ripe pods on them. Lol. I can't believe how warm it still is for you. It's in the 40's here this morning. Had to put on a hoodie to check the garden. I hope it warms back up here. I'm not done peppering yet. Lol. Great job!

Devv said:

Yes it does! That and don't use solvents to wash your hands, that stuff is bad for you and your skin. Your liver processes it eventually. I spent 25 years as an auto tech, it took a while before I figured out how to make my hands look like I hand a desk job..LOL
Gojo is easy on ya...

And I hear ya about trying new things. My goal to have the soil retain moisture a bit better and pump it up a bit hurt me in the short term. I'm hoping to reap the benefits next season :rolleyes:
I think your on the right track. As that stuff breaks down, you'll have a nice living soil. Been watching Gary and your grow for awhile. It will pay off.

Back