• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

OCD Chilehead 2014 Glog

Hey, Chuck.  Just stopped by to see what's been happening here.  Great scenery
photos and pod shots.  I love red rock country, and you have it in spades there!

Glad to hear the ankle is on the mend.  As I get closer to 70 than 65 stuff like that
really aggregates me!  Don't have time to be laid up   :rofl: and healing takes a lot
longer these days!

Sawyer said:
Gorgeous stream shots.  Where is that?
That's Independence Pass. It's just out of Aspen, Co.

PaulG said:
Hey, Chuck.  Just stopped by to see what's been happening here.  Great scenery
photos and pod shots.  I love red rock country, and you have it in spades there!

Glad to hear the ankle is on the mend.  As I get closer to 70 than 65 stuff like that
really aggregates me!  Don't have time to be laid up   :rofl: and healing takes a lot
longer these days!
Thanks for stopping by Paul. I need all the help I can get these days. Can't afford health insurance right now. I took Ricks advice and bought some Arnica cream. Will see how it goes.

Devv said:
And yes! you've been busy canning and picking!

Glad you're getting your pulls!

Lovely stream, I need to get out of here and visit the Neuces, it's been years, and it should have plenty of water as its rained lately.
Thanks Scott. I'm trying to enjoy the cooler temps and scenery before WiWiWiWinter. I hate that word. LOL. Suppose to be a brutal Winter this year. I hope there wrong. But the farmers and ranchers around here usually right. Get out there and enjoy the little things Scott. Sometimes thats all that matters.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend gents.

Beautiful pics in the latest batch Chuck! The stream pics remind me of a month I spent up in Fairplay, CO up by the continental divide. My unit was building an access road in the state forest there, and it looked much the same. It was July, and there was still snow on the north side of the hilltops, so lots of meltwater for the streams.

Glad to hear you picked up some Arnica ointment... it works best if you rub it in twice a day... morning and evening say.

Nice pulls as the season winds down! We haven't had frost yet here, but my Mom has out in the Berkshire Hills. Have you had any yet? I ended up freezing your Sadabahar pods for when I make Indian curries, and used the de Arbol x Pequin pods in a batch of pepper jelly that came out just perfect flavor-wise... still didn't set up very well, but will make a dandy glaze for BBQ.

Cheers!

stickman said:
Beautiful pics in the latest batch Chuck! The stream pics remind me of a month I spent up in Fairplay, CO up by the continental divide. My unit was building an access road in the state forest there, and it looked much the same. It was July, and there was still snow on the north side of the hilltops, so lots of meltwater for the streams.

Glad to hear you picked up some Arnica ointment... it works best if you rub it in twice a day... morning and evening say.

Nice pulls as the season winds down! We haven't had frost yet here, but my Mom has out in the Berkshire Hills. Have you had any yet? I ended up freezing your Sadabahar pods for when I make Indian curries, and used the de Arbol x Pequin pods in a batch of pepper jelly that came out just perfect flavor-wise... still didn't set up very well, but will make a dandy glaze for BBQ.

Cheers!
Thanks Rick. There is some beautiful scenery in Colorado for sure. The ointment seems to be working. No frost here yet. It's raining today. I think one of my batches of jelly didn't set because I made to much and not enough sugar. They say smaller batches work best. Still trying to get the hang of it.

Get out there and enjoy the little things Scott. Sometimes thats all that matters.

Too true, I just love to be outside and putt around. This weekend was a work weekend, yard was in shambles. I picked up the stuff that was blown around by the wind, mowed, weed wacked, trimmed a tree and ground up the branches, fixed the fence the cows broke. Up-potted the tomatoes, planted garlic, I could go on...LOL But crazy as it may seem I enjoy that kind of stuff, or I wouldn't do it. Beats the day job ;)

So what time of year is best to head to Colorado? North and West, I've yet to head that way..

jedisushi06 said:
it down poured here late last night, now it's sunny as hell.  Go figure.  No frost yet here either.  Where did you pick all those peppers at?  Mikey
Grand Junction area. We've been getting rain as well.
Devv said:

Too true, I just love to be outside and putt around. This weekend was a work weekend, yard was in shambles. I picked up the stuff that was blown around by the wind, mowed, weed wacked, trimmed a tree and ground up the branches, fixed the fence the cows broke. Up-potted the tomatoes, planted garlic, I could go on...LOL But crazy as it may seem I enjoy that kind of stuff, or I wouldn't do it. Beats the day job ;)

So what time of year is best to head to Colorado? North and West, I've yet to head that way..
I love to stay busy. Keeps me sane. I would say June. West it gets hot as Summer approaches. I'm in the West. It's more of a elevation choice. The higher the elevation the cooler the temps as a general rule.

Thanks for stopping by guys. Had to start a new job today. 6 days a week. Will be busy for awhile. Wish me luck as I need all of it I can get. This job is out of town. Sucks not being at home and away from the family. Gotta do what you gotta do sometimes. Nothing is forever.

Have a great week everybody.

Chuck
jedisushi06 said:
it down poured here late last night, now it's sunny as hell.  Go figure.  No frost yet here either.  Where did you pick all those peppers at?  Mikey
Grand Junction area. We've been getting rain as well.
Devv said:

I love to stay busy. Keeps me sane. I would say June. West it gets hot as Summer approaches. I'm in the West. It's more of a elevation choice. The higher the elevation the cooler the temps as a general rule.

Thanks for stopping by guys. Had to start a new job today. 6 days a week. Will be busy for awhile. Wish me luck as I need all of it I can get. This job is out of town. Sucks not being at home and away from the family. Gotta do what you gotta do sometimes. Nothing is forever.

Have a great week everybody.

Chuck

"I took Ricks advice and bought some Arnica cream. Will see how it goes."

Good on ya, brother!  I use ArnicaGel all the time!

Good luck with the new job!

I worked out of town for many years, it just depends on how far out of town. And 6 days is a tough one.

But as you say, one has to do what they have to do ;)  And while I'm on that.... I read all the time that there are few jobs out there, it seems that the jobs do exist, for those that choose to work ;)

Chuck,

Good luck on the new job.  I am sure it sucks being away, but hopefully this will pan out in the long run.  On the bright side, at least this is being away is starting in the fall and not in the spring when you really needed to be around the new plants.   I know that does not help with the family, just looking for that silver lining!

Good luck

romy6 said:
As the others have said beautiful pods and landscape.

I wish you the best on your out of town endeavor . 
Thanks Jamie for the best wishes.
PaulG said:
"I took Ricks advice and bought some Arnica cream. Will see how it goes."

Good on ya, brother!  I use ArnicaGel all the time!
That stuff has been a lifesaver Paul.
Devv said:
Good luck with the new job!

I worked out of town for many years, it just depends on how far out of town. And 6 days is a tough one.

But as you say, one has to do what they have to do ;)  And while I'm on that.... I read all the time that there are few jobs out there, it seems that the jobs do exist, for those that choose to work ;)
Thanks Scott. It's a good 4-5 hours away depending on weather and traffic. It's 6days now but soon it will be 7days a week. Ouch! Your right even in this economy, if your not working your not looking. Well for the most part. Is really tough being away, but there's light at the end of the tunnel.
KiNGDeNNiZ said:
Frost. . What's that. Just wish I had damn healthy plants
Glad to see good vibes are still rocking on here
Thanks Denniz.
bpwilly said:
Chuck,

Good luck on the new job.  I am sure it sucks being away, but hopefully this will pan out in the long run.  On the bright side, at least this is being away is starting in the fall and not in the spring when you really needed to be around the new plants.   I know that does not help with the family, just looking for that silver lining!

Good luck
Thanks Bill. Yeah it does suck being in a unfamiliar place and not knowing anybody. My girlfriend is watering the plants while I'm away.
beerbreath81 said:
Just catching up, great pictures brother. Looks like you put those cucumbers and jalapenos to good use. Pickling like a mad man...lol. Good luck with the new job hope it all goes your way.

Cheers buddy!
Thanks Anthony. I can thank you for the canning madness.LOL. I need to bring some goodies back with me the next time I go home.

Well the plants are still alive and pods are maturing. From what I've heard anyway. Have been in a hotel for the past week. Need to find a place to put my travel trailer. Heading back Saturday night and returning Sunday.

Jeff H said:

HAHA. A ringing endorsement from the two forum old farts.

That's why we get the big bucks, my friend  :rofl:

Chuck, everything is looking real nice in your grow, and how does it get any better than picking jalapenos by the bushel.

Jeff H said:

HAHA. A ringing endorsement from the two forum old farts.

Chuck, everything is looking real nice in your grow, and how does it get any better than picking jalapenos by the bushel.

Ayuh... tips like this is how we get to be old farts... ;)  Thanks for the chuckle Jeff. :)

Back