• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

OCD Chilehead 2014 Glog

Jeff H said:

HAHA. A ringing endorsement from the two forum old farts.

Chuck, everything is looking real nice in your grow, and how does it get any better than picking jalapenos by the bushel.
Thanks Jeff. Learned a lot this year for sure.
compmodder26 said:
Wow, it sucks having to catch up after being away so long.  Great looking nature shots Chuck!  Plants look nice and happy too.  Can't beat those prices on the pick your own veggies!
Thanks Brian. O know what you mean by playing catch up. Trying to play catch up on my own grow.

Well first let me apologize for being so absent. This new job outnof town is going to take some getting use to. Still at 6 days a week. Had a chance to come home for a day. Here's the garden pic and pull. Hope everyone is well. View attachment 14768 View attachment 14769

Devv said:
Nice haul Chuck!

Don't work so hard!
Thanks Scott. I wish I had the option of not working so hard. Working on a oil pipeline. Plenty of exercise for sure.

bpwilly said:
Super nice pull Chuck. Glad to see the plants are hanging in there with you working out of town so much.
Thanks Bill. I'm surprised at how well there doing as well. I'm bummed I didn't get a chance to get my hoophouse build in motion.

stickman said:
Nice pull Chuck! Hopefully you get the long weekend to catch up with your boy, your garden and maybe even your sleep... ;)
Thanks Rick. I wish I had a couple days off. I only got to see my son for a couple hours before traveling back 5hours to work. I usually show up to my house around 10pm or later on Saturday and then leave around 5pm Sunday back over the mountains and get back to my trailer around 10pm.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I'm sorry I haven't been active in your Glogs. Will try and get a chance to catch up. Just got home a little while ago. By home I men a 18foot trailer. LOL. Home for now. Winter here is going to suck. Enjoy the rest of your week guys.

Chuck

The oil business is certainly hard work, I give you credit for jumping in.

I feel for ya living in a trailer during the upcoming winter!

Stay well!

Thanks Scott. It's hard work for sure. Wish I would have done this 10 years ago. LOL. I'm getting conditioned and the Arnica helps a bunch. Headed home tonight. Not much time to do anything. I will pay co whatever is ripe this weekend. After that my seasons over. Sad time of year.

Enjoy your weekend Scott.

Chuck

Hey Chuck, Glad to hear the Arnica is helping during the "Toughening-up" phase. :)  Working long hours a long way away from home is a drag, but I'm sure the money's good at least, and we all do what we have to, eh?

I hope you got enough heat this season to carry you through the winter... on the one hand, it's sad to arrive at the end of the growing season, but on the other, it's nice to have the break for a while.

Take care buddy!

Hope all is well. How's them off pheno orange habs. Are they still elongated. Or have they made some bonnet shaped ones? ? Hope you plants are still alive

stickman said:
Hey Chuck, Glad to hear the Arnica is helping during the "Toughening-up" phase. :)  Working long hours a long way away from home is a drag, but I'm sure the money's good at least, and we all do what we have to, eh?

I hope you got enough heat this season to carry you through the winter... on the one hand, it's sad to arrive at the end of the growing season, but on the other, it's nice to have the break for a while.

Take care buddy!
Thanks Rick. Have plenty of pods for the winter. Not liking being away from home, but it's a job when construction ends in the winter.

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
Hope all is well. How's them off pheno orange habs. Are they still elongated. Or have they made some bonnet shaped ones? ? Hope you plants are still alive
Thanks Denniz. The last time I seen the plants they were mostly elongated.

Sorry I haven't been around. I dont know what day it is most of the time. The plants are still alive, but are in there way out. I go home once or twice a month for a day. The freezer is full. I plan on drying a bunch of chiles around thanksgiving. That's if I get it off. Hope all is well out there.

PaulS said:
Sweet haul dude. My season has been over a while now so it's nice looking at everybody else finishing for the year.
Enjoy your pods :)
Thanks Paul

Hey everyone. Hope yall are having a great Thanksgiving. Sorry I havent been very active on here. As some of you know I was offered a job out of town in the oil and gas industry. It was right when my grow was at its peak. My absence took a little toll on the garden but nothing drastic. My girlfriend helped with the watering and picking. I probably lost only a half pound of pods do to frost. I'll probably have a bunch of volunteers come up next year. Raised beds did very good. Downside was constant watering. As far as container gardening goes, the SIP's were amazing nice size plants with tons of pods. Very hard to kill the plants with that setup. Next year drip system SIP. I didnt cover the tops with plastic like most people do. I fed from the top and watered from the bottom. No fungus problems. The Tote SIP's were great with 2 plants per container. Planning next years garden as we speak. Maybe I'll have that damn hoophouse built by then.LOL
View attachment 15911 View attachment 15912

This is what is in my freezer. I payed it forward an sent out pods to others that were as less fortunate then me. Next year Im planning on a section of garden dedicated to THP members.
View attachment 15913

Well thats all folks. I would like to thank all of you guys and gals out there for your support and info. This is a great community that Im proud to be a part of. Its that time of year when things slow down in the garden for most of us. So with that, get out there and start drafting next years garden plot and making a seed list. Heres to 2014 season and thanks again.

You did a great job this season Chuck, and now it's (insert beer of your choice) time... :beer:

If you're going to be away from home for long periods next year, maybe you should look into a low pressure drip irrigation setup. Add in a hose timer and a rain sensor and that part of the equation would be covered for the whole season. Something to think of anyway. Good luck with your garden next year.

stickman said:
You did a great job this season Chuck, and now it's (insert beer of your choice) time... :beer:

If you're going to be away from home for long periods next year, maybe you should look into a low pressure drip irrigation setup. Add in a hose timer and a rain sensor and that part of the equation would be covered for the whole season. Something to think of anyway. Good luck with your garden next year.
Thanks Rick. Will use drip irrigation next year for sure. Thanks again for all your help and good luck on your next years grow as well.

OCD Chilehead said:
Thanks Paul

Hey everyone. Hope yall are having a great Thanksgiving. Sorry I havent been very active on here. As some of you know I was offered a job out of town in the oil and gas industry. It was right when my grow was at its peak. My absence took a little toll on the garden but nothing drastic. My girlfriend helped with the watering and picking. I probably lost only a half pound of pods do to frost. I'll probably have a bunch of volunteers come up next year. Raised beds did very good. Downside was constant watering. As far as container gardening goes, the SIP's were amazing nice size plants with tons of pods. Very hard to kill the plants with that setup. Next year drip system SIP. I didnt cover the tops with plastic like most people do. I fed from the top and watered from the bottom. No fungus problems. The Tote SIP's were great with 2 plants per container. Planning next years garden as we speak. Maybe I'll have that damn hoophouse built by then.LOL
attachicon.gif
20141109_152958.JPG
attachicon.gif
20141109_153006.JPG

This is what is in my freezer. I payed it forward an sent out pods to others that were as less fortunate then me. Next year Im planning on a section of garden dedicated to THP members.
attachicon.gif
20141109_153711.JPG

Well thats all folks. I would like to thank all of you guys and gals out there for your support and info. This is a great community that Im proud to be a part of. Its that time of year when things slow down in the garden for most of us. So with that, get out there and start drafting next years garden plot and making a seed list. Heres to 2014 season and thanks again.
nice haul!  If you need seeds message me your addy.

jedisushi06 said:
nice haul!  If you need seeds message me your addy.
Thanks Mikey. Sorry I didn't get a chance to ride down and see your garden. You know how life goes.

Devv said:
Well done in 2014 Chuck! Can't wait to see what you come up with next season.

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you have a 4 day weekend too!
Thanks Scott. We will have to see where I'm working. If I'm not back home in a few months I'll have to order some plants. Hopefully not.

PaulG said:
Yes, indeed, Charles.  Awesome!
Thanks again Paul.

I fell on my tailbone couple weeks ago. Have been trying to recover from that. From what I hear it takes some time. I didn't do much when I went home for the holiday. Spent time with loved ones and raked the yard. Have a great week guys.

Back