• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Oddest type of meat that you enjoy eating.

cyakker said:
How can this thread exist without my favorite odd snack?

grilled chicken hearts (on sticks!), MMmmmmmm

I get the oddest looks from folks when trying to locate sources.
What's odd 'bout that? a sort of fast food here you might say. not just hearts, though. livers, steaks, chicken, "foie gras" and much more, all on a stick. :P
You can't find a single neighborhood without at least one place selling those. :cool:

Everybody I encounter in the US on the topic thinks it's freaky, butchers and such included. I got turned on to them in Brazil, but here... folks ain't into 'em. I love 'em.

cyakker said:
Everybody I encounter in the US on the topic thinks it's freaky, butchers and such included. I got turned on to them in Brazil, but here... folks ain't into 'em. I love 'em.
Don't worry, *they're* the weird ones! :lol:

Oh, the only thing I worry about is if my current source dries up and I have to explain yet again: "Yes, I really want 5 lbs of chicken hearts... no... just hearts... yes, I eat them."

cyakker said:
Oh, the only thing I worry about is if my current source dries up and I have to explain yet again: "Yes, I really want 5 lbs of chicken hearts... no... just hearts... yes, I eat them."
I just buy mine from the local butcher. :shocked:
You *can* find some at the supermarket, but I like mine fresh. :P

Back