• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Oh I'm definitely growing those next year!

I would say mustard bhut jolokia, but since my seeds arrived today, and it's mid-spring here in the Souther Aus, what the hell, i'm sowing them this year !!

Next year, hmmm, thinking I might try a few more "evergreens".

Regards,

Tim

hogleg said:
Great thread. I had two personal discoveries this year that really stood out. First the Aji Pineapple that I grew blew me away with its exotic tropical taste, they go great with seafood and pork. Aji pineapple ceviche? fergitaboutit.

Second the Bhut Orange Copenhagan that I received in a box from Seacowboy was the best tasting super all year. Sweet to the point of being sugary, bright citrusy flavors and not overly floral or bitterness. And nice round burn on the lower end of superhot.
I'm growing the aji next season and the bhut sounds amazing. 

After several years of huge production, great taste, lots of heat...there will always be a 7 pot in my garden!

As a newbie i'm on the lookout for different types to try next year after a wee bit success with cayenne and jalapeno this year. Already been recommended aji limon and chiltepin by a couple of the guys on here and love the look of the Bolivian rainbow. Any more suggestions? Will go a wee bit hotter than a cayenne but that's about my limit for now!

I'm just about ready to start next years bundle of fire!
Been dying to try Fatallis for years, got them on the list with Carolina Reaper, Brainstrain, CARDI, Black Congo, MOA scotch bonnet, Giant Jalapeno and Poblanos.
Cant wait to get started!

scotsbonnet said:
As a newbie i'm on the lookout for different types to try next year after a wee bit success with cayenne and jalapeno this year. Already been recommended aji limon and chiltepin by a couple of the guys on here and love the look of the Bolivian rainbow. Any more suggestions? Will go a wee bit hotter than a cayenne but that's about my limit for now!

Beautiful plant.... it was actually the first plant i ever bought, off an old fella who was selling them street side outside his house..... they are also quite sturdy/forgiving.... you wont be disappointed.... good luck 

1968dart said:
Will go a wee bit hotter than a cayenne but that's about my limit for now!

Ha ha famous last words.
Don't be scared off by the heat. Chinenses tend to have a more pleasant and controlable burn. Yes, they can be much hotter.. But you can always choose what you put in it.

hogleg said:

Second the Bhut Orange Copenhagan that I received in a box from Seacowboy was the best tasting super all year. Sweet to the point of being sugary, bright citrusy flavors and not overly floral or bitterness. And nice round burn on the lower end of superhot.
I agree on the BOC. I was fortunate to be given a few of these plants from a friend and they are definitely high on the list for growing next year. As for others there are too many to list but Chocolate Bbg7 is up there along with both of the Jay's GS's.

Seacowboy said:
I agree on the BOC. I was fortunate to be given a few of these plants from a friend and they are definitely high on the list for growing next year. As for others there are too many to list but Chocolate Bbg7 is up there along with both of the Jay's GS's.

Fairfax VA, did you go to Lake Braddock?

Seacowboy said:
No. Grew up in Leesburg and went to Loudoun County.

I grew up in Fairfax, too much traffic, had to move away from NOVA a couple years ago, don't know how you guys do it.

svfd1118 said:

I grew up in Fairfax, too much traffic, had to move away from NOVA a couple years ago, don't know how you guys do it.
Trust me I hate it. Only there for another 20 months max, step graduates then and will be gone after that. I may leave before then with any luck though.

Back