• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Oh yeah... We gunna eat!

I just got 1 big rack of beef back ribs, 2 racks of spare ribs, and 2 kielbasa sausages for the smoker this weekend.

2 pounds of red potatoes for my wife's perfect dill potato salad.

I'm going to do the beef ribs hot and spicy, the spare ribs regular (which is still spicy...) with hickory wood. Low and slow......

I'll get some pics up when we start the process. :hell:

I may try and lick the screen when I see pictures...my mouth is watering just thinking about the ribs right now...

Yep, gotta have the Q going for Memorial weekend. I picked up a 9.5lb turkey breast that I plan on smoking over apple wood on Monday. (rain off and on this weekend) I will be rubbing it down with a chipotle/brown sugar rub and basting throughout the day with a butter/white wine mop.
Cant wait!

DD...you started cookin' yet?

Is it tomorrow yet DD?....

You'll have to excuse the crappy pics. I used my $10 camera....

Pan full of 2 racks of spare ribs...
003.jpg

The marinade.....
004.jpg

Slathered and ready to go...
005.jpg

The Beef Ribs.....

008.jpg

I put a rub of Tony Legner's Cat 5 Food Polish, and black pepper. Then I slathered it with my one off sauce, Salamagundy (Thanks for the peppers, Passow!). Then I put one whole Red Hook ESB in there as well. Those will be some hot and spicy beef ribs!!!!

DevilDuck said:
Then I slathered it with my one off sauce, Salamagundy (Thanks for the peppers, Passow!).
No problem, just hope that wasn't your last bottle ;) . What a great name, Salamagrundy....born on a monday.

so its been smoking for 2 1/2 now?...how long you gonna smoke it?

Back