• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Ohhh....dear....god...they've done it

rainbowberry said:
Indeed they are.

Your killing me here, you have truly given the term gutter ball a new meaning.............:lol:

gutter ball
noun
(in tenpin bowling) a nonscoring ball that enters the gutter before reaching the pins.

Gutter ball ( new )

Any of the threads on THP forums hijacked by Pony Girl............

Ahhh, the pony reference made clear .

Indeed that fopaw would be expected to be made by a non Brit, who is then laughed at by brits, the non-brit looking on with a puzzled expression.....

Indeed the opposite has occurred inviting the question: "Is rainbowberry real, or a complex computer program designed to enthrall stupid americans"

I leave you to decide.....;)

cheezydemon said:
Ahhh, the pony reference made clear .

Indeed that fopaw would be expected to be made by a non Brit, who is then laughed at by brits, the non-brit looking on with a puzzled expression.....

Indeed the opposite has occurred inviting the question: "Is rainbowberry real, or a complex computer program designed to enthrall stupid americans"

I leave you to decide.....;)

I don't get it......

cheezydemon said:
The raw juices from the turkey still get into the cooked stuffing, requiring it to be re-cooked.

Turkey is a WAY misundertood bird. You have to cook it enough, or it will make you sick. So people WAY overcook it. People eat it dry and overcooked because they think it is a tradition.

You need to cook a turkey to a TEMPERATURE, not a time.

So whats your opinion about spatchcocking a turkey? My sister does it that way now all the time, and it cooks out wonderfully(and a hell of a lot quicker too). Have you ever tried it that way?

DickT said:
I don't get it......

Bird is a British slang (or so I gather from tv and movies) for a woman. You'd think the brit would catch it and americans wouldn't.

Sickmont said:
So whats your opinion about spatchcocking a turkey? My sister does it that way now all the time, and it cooks out wonderfully(and a hell of a lot quicker too). Have you ever tried it that way?

Spatchcocking is even better.

It is like cooking a steak. A thick steak is easier to cook rare. You don't want turkey rare, so (to a point) the thinner and more uniform in thickness you make it, the better.

The digital thermeometer is still a must!

Rainbowbery = Bird..Nice one Obviously..Only Intelligent in a Non -Stella Environment
borg-007.gif

cheezydemon said:
The raw juices from the turkey still get into the cooked stuffing, requiring it to be re-cooked.

Turkey is a WAY misundertood bird. You have to cook it enough, or it will make you sick. So people WAY overcook it. People eat it dry and overcooked because they think it is a tradition.

You need to cook a turkey to a TEMPERATURE, not a time.

Yeah, dry and overcooked Turkey SUCKS!! Fortunately for me my wife knows how to cook. The Turkey she made on Thanksgiving was SOOOOOO juicy!! Then again she knows how to cook though and used a thermometer.:cool:

omg they wrapped every peice in bacon...these people clearly subscribe to my theory that anything good is better with bacon...

i stuff my turkey and it doesn't come out dry...and if it was that's just why god invented gravy...which i add neck meat to...

talas said:
See your Borg like computer nature is coming through..:lol:

he's on to you rainbowberry. he must be assimilated. resistance is futile.

I had my first deep fried turkey this Thanksgiving. Wonderful. Juicy not dry. Safe not sickening. With the new digital electric fryers it couldn't have been any easier either. Pour oil in, turn it on and preheat the oil, insert bird, cook for one hour, use digital meat thermometer to check internal temp of bird, serve.

And the bestestestest mostestests easiestest part was somebody else did all the work! Couldn't get any simpler than that.

patrick said:
And the bestestestest mostestests easiestest part was somebody else did all the work! Couldn't get any simpler than that.

Yeah we've used a local BBQ guy here to smoke our turkeys before. Just drop off your frozen turkey the tuesday morning before Thanksgiving and pick it up the next day ready to go. Cost? JJ charges us $15 bucks to smoke and season it.

Drop that baby in a turkey fryer and then they've done it!

Turkey is okay, I seem to eat it on Thanksgiving only, I prefer other foul for regular meals. Turkey has a unique flavor that doesn't really work in dishes that chicken works in.

thehotpepper.com said:
Drop that baby in a turkey fryer and then they've done it!

Turkey is okay, I seem to eat it on Thanksgiving only, I prefer other foul for regular meals. Turkey has a unique flavor that doesn't really work in dishes that chicken works in.

That was me before the digital thermometer. Now we eat turkey 3-4 times a year.

YOU CAN NOT COOK STUFFING TO A SAFE TEMPERATURE WITHOUT OVERCOOKING THE BIRD......

Gravy is a poor substitute for a perfectly cooked bird and gravy.

People who say that their stuffed bird was juicy just haven't seen the light.

Back