• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Oldsalty's Fundraising Auction

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
I'm adding 4 lucky dog hot sauce shot glasses to the package with Hoggy's sauce. They have the dog/horseshoe logo on them and while hand-wash only, they're the last ones I've got and they're the cool square tumbler style.
Much appreciated LDHS. Together with the sauce you've already added, this should really make a difference. 

salsalady said:
I'll post up some Pure Evil-

post-2879-0-36400500-1466552420.jpg

1/4 oz of (never before released) 12.8mil Pure Evil
1/2 oz original 1.5mil Pure Evil
sample vial of 15.6mil capsaicin powder
1/2 oz 12mil pepper extract (also never before released)
Value $150

I can ship international~

I'm sorry to hear of OS's continuing troubles.  Here's hoping things turn around in a hurry.
salsalady
Wow, that's awesome SL, thank you. Things are really starting to look up for Oldsalty. 

Student of Spice said:
Did you get the donation link set up yet? If not we can just use yours and you transfer it to him? Surely someone has to have his phone number and could give him a call?
I have what I believe is his phone number that I got from the white pages using his name & address. However, I am hesitant to call because if a foreign country called and asked me for my PayPal info, I know that I'd be a little suspicious.

If anyone would like to volunteer to make the call for me I could provide the details via PM. SOS?

Many thanks to those who have donated, or already placed a bid. Together we'll kick this run of bad luck Oldsalty has been having square in the ass. 

I'll be running the bidding on items up until the end of July if this suits everyone?

PPATB.

SR. 

End of July seems a little long.  Those interested will probably get involved in the next week or so.  Maybe July 4th? Important day here in 'Murica.  ;)  :)

I have to agree with SL, I feel like he could use the help a fair bit sooner than that, maybe early july but after the 4th but its up to you SR? I'm just thinking aloud.

I agree with you both SL & Hogleg, so I have decided to bring the end of the auction forward to July 13th which is, as Hogleg suggested, half way between the 4th and 31st of July. 

IT ALSO HAPPENS TO BE OLDSALTY'S FREAKING BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! :party:

So if you need another reason to add to the auction items, or to place a bid, do it for Oldsalty's birthday!!

SR.

I have another offer.

For 2 donations.....
For a $40 donation to Saltys fund, I'll send a Texas Creek goody package to a service Person of your choice. Send it to your family, friend, an AnySoldier...you choose.

Guess this is like a BuyItNow offer. I'm offering this hoping it will work for international service persons also. Im willing to pay for international for the 2 boxes.

oldsalty said:
Sorry I've been so preoccupied by all that's happened. I haven't seen this yet after I stop crying I will post .

I received this via PM from Oldsalty, he asked me to post it for all to see.

"No words can express my thanks. Heather and I love all of you . There are so many things that make life hard I always try to smile and keep my head high even when it seems the a world is crashing in around you. But the recent string of bad luck has put me off my usual routine. I've started to feel defeated at every turn. This recent set of bad luck has really been testing my resolve. We have no clue were we will get the money for the repairs. My good friend a Marine who I served with has a son who is a carpenter in our area. He and his whole crew have volunteered to do the work for free. I'm trying to find money anywhere I can Heather is trying to sell her grandmother China set and I've got everything I own for sale. Then I read this. What can I say. I am humbled by the friends I have here there are none better!! So often the world seems like a hard place and life seems to throw never-ending walls up in front of you. I've always climbed those walls or tore right thru them but lately they seem to be higher and stronger. I've really been feeling defeated till today!!
I cannot express Heather and I's gratitude towards you all. Your kindness and selfless act's show the true nature of this site and those who are members. The only thing I can give in return is our open arms and our love for you all. Our home will always be open to any of you. This is the hardest thing I've ever written. Sorry if I'm blubbering can't put these feelings on paper hard to say how this has impacted us.

WITH LOVE AND THANKS TO YOU ALL!!"
  :) 

Pariah said:
Wish I had known about this earlier. I would have donated a few things.

You've been in our thoughts everyday since we met, brother. *hugs*
There is still time.

SR.

salsalady said:
I have another offer.

For 2 donations.....
For a $40 donation to Saltys fund, I'll send a Texas Creek goody package to a service Person of your choice. Send it to your family, friend, an AnySoldier...you choose.

Guess this is like a BuyItNow offer. I'm offering this hoping it will work for international service persons also. Im willing to pay for international for the 2 boxes.
To clarify SL, that's for a $40 donation to Oldsalty's fund, you'll send a care package to any service man or woman. And you're offering two of these?

ajdrew said:
I want to go a different route. Going to forge something up and hope we have some knife fanatics on here.  Figure its the best shot I have at turning labor into money for a friend in need.
I love knives, many thanks AJ. When you're done, let me know so I can organize to get a photo of it from you so I can add it to the list of Auction items. 

Student of Spice said:
did he give you some paypal donation info? if not I will bid on something, i just dont want to bid on anything that could prevent someone elses possible motive to contribute ya know. If i did I am eye balling something thats pure evil  :P
No, not yet. :cry:  I have just replied to him via PM asking for the info again. If all else fails, I will use my PayPal info and transfer the money when I do have the information. I'd rather it go straight into his so he can use the funds asap. 

I'll wait a day or two more and go from there. 

Many thanks to all that have contributed so far, as you can see, Oldsalty's in real need of our help. I wish I could do more.

Thanks again,

SR.

SR- yes, the offer was for 2 goody boxes, $40 each.  To clarify international shipping, I can ship to APO/FPO addresses with MFRB prices, or it can go to any service person stationed state-side.    tc1010 is the first to post dibs on those boxes. :woot:  Thank you, tc~!

ajdrew, that's a cool offer for a hand crafted knife!  I'd be interested in that......:hmmmmm:

Thanks SL & Tctenten. :dance:  I've reached my edit limit on the original post, I've sent the Boss a PM to see if he can do something, as I'd like to keep editing the original post so everything is in one place. 

SR.

You can delete this post Boss.

Oldsalty's Fundraising Birthday Auction.

ENDS 13th JULY AT 12:00AM (EDT) SC TIME.

As most of you are aware, our good friend Oldsalty has fallen on tough times yet again with health, and other issues.

His run of bad luck is one that just seems to continue week after week, month after month. How can so many bad things happen to such a nice, and "likeable" person?

Well, I can't sit and let this continue to happen, Oldsalty needs some goodluck for a change. So, I would like to hold an Auction for Oldsalty to raise some money to help him with his health, and money issues.

At the end of the auction which will run until 12:00am midnight of July 13th, the winner would need to transfer funds before the items would be sent, all proceeds going to Oldsalty. 

If you feel you are able to help add to the list of auction items, please reply here or PM me, and I will edit it into this post.

Members not wanting to bid on any of the auction items can also make a monetary donation, however big or small if they wish. PM me and I will forward you the relevant PayPal payment information. 

This post will be continually updated, so please keep an eye out for updates and added auction items. I welcome all comments regarding any improvements you'd care to suggest.   :P 

Auction items:

Shorerider - Item #01:
20160619_191317_edit_1466328524958.jpg

- 1x 11oz Bottle of Heatseeker - A Choc 7 Pot sauce, with smokey undertones and a chilli head 'hot' heat level.

- 1x 11oz Bottle of Smoke 'N' Fire - A Sweet tomato sauce/ketchup style sauce, but with a 'medium' heat.

- 1x 11oz Bottle of Rocoto-Loco - A Tangy Rocoto based sauce with all focus being on the Rocoto flavor. (Only 9 bottles were made)

- 40g Tabasco powder 
- 40g Aji Pineapple powder 
- 40g 7 spice rub
- 40g Red Gum smoked Cayenne powder 
 (Postage worldwide is included)

Current highest bid: Tinnie AU$150

Shorerider - Item #02:

- A card containing 30 seed varieties.
20160627_113434_edit_1466991912796.jpg

- Aji Margariteno 
- Scotch Brain F3
- Biber Dolmasi 
- Brazilian Starfish 
- Hungarian yellow wax
- Rocoto 
- Manzano 
- Mustard Trinidad Scorpion 
- TS Cardi Yellow 
- Peruvian White Habanero 
- Goats Weed 
- Yellow 7 Pot 
- Aconcagua 
- Rooster Spur 
- Butchlah 
- Albanian Red Hot 
- 7 Pot Rennie
- Red Bhut Jolokia 
- Bombay Morich 
- Bhut Jolokia Assam 
- Cayenne Yellow/Orange 
- Cayenne x Bhut 
- Chocolate 7 Pot 
- Bishops Hat 
- Jimmy Nardello 
- MOA Scotch Bonnet Yellow 
- Red 7 Pot Jonah 
- Daisy Cutter 
- Chocolate Scorpion 
- Assam Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon 

Current highest bid: Magged Out US$50

Hogleg - Item #3:
160619_0000.jpg

- Lucky Dog Hot Sauce Black Label 
- Lucky Dog Hot Sauce Brown Label
- Lucky Dog Hot Sauce Orange Label
- Lucky Dog Hot Sauce Green Label

Current highest bid: Moruga Welder US$40

Hogleg & LDHS - Item #4:
160619_0002.jpg

- Lucky Dog Hot Sauce Black Label 
- Lucky Dog Hot Sauce Black Label 
- Lucky Dog Hot Sauce Brown Label 
(Kindly donated by Scott at LDHS)

- Mezzetta Habanero Hot Sauce
- Yucatan Sunset Picante
(Kindly donated by Hogleg)

IMG_0964.jpg

- Six LDHS limited edition square tumbler shot glasses. 
- One LDHS Golf ball. 
(Kindly donated by Scott at LDHS)

Current highest bid: AldenMiller US$50

Salsalady - item #5:
post-2879-0-36400500-1466552420.jpg

- 1/4 oz of (never before released) 12.8mil Pure Evil
-1/2 oz original 1.5mil Pure Evil
- Sample vial of 15.6mil capsaicin powder
- 1/2 oz 12mil pepper extract (also never before released)
Total Value - $150

Current highest bid: Student of Spice US$50

Salsalady - item #6:

For a $40 donation to Saltys fund, I'll send a Texas Creek goody package to a service Person of your choice. Send it to your family, friend, and Any Soldier...you choose.
There are two care packages up for grabs.

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce - Item #7:

-Medium flat rate package to an anysoldier address at random - 8 bottles of hot sauce.

$40 value. Go!

Pariah - Item #8:

- I am head chef at a historic outlaw bar in Wyoming that was the hang out for many 19th century outlaws such as Butch Cassidy, Harry Longabaugh, Harvey Logan, Ben Kilpatrick and more.
IMG_20160624_082818.jpg

It comes with: a shirt (sz L), two collectors bar glasses, a short book by the owner that talks a bit about our history, and three bottles of my sauces that I serve in the restaurant (BBQ, Buffalo and Jerk, not pictured) that will be made fresh before shipping.

Current highest bid:

Moruga Welder - Item #9:

- I would like to donate 3 oz. of my Peach Bhut s.s. / Jays peach g/s pure placenta. It is foodsavered and in the freezer for freshness .
msg-9529-0-76982100-1466956902_thumb.jpg

Current highest bid:

Ajdrew - Item #10:

- Hand forged knife - Going to forge something up and hope we have some knife fanatics on here. Figure its the best shot I have at turning labor into money for a friend in need.

Current highest bid:  AaronTT US$75

grantmichaels - Item #11

Oldsalty Aunction Box:

- GIP - Pex Peppers cosmic peach.

- GIP - Pex Peppers singularity.

- GIP - Pex Peppers dragon burner.

- JayT - Pex Peppers trinidad scorpion jelly.

- JHP - JHP 7 pod white powder. 

- JHP - JHP Jay's ghost scorpion powder. 

- JHP - JHP Chocolate ghost powder. 

Current highest bid:

A special thanks to those below that have made a generous monetary donation to Oldsalty.

- Student of Spice 
- Scovill DeVille
- Magged Out

Let's turn Oldsalty's bad luck around. 

SR.

Back