• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Oldsalty's Fundraising Auction

We're building up an auction box for Oldsalty elsewhere on THP ...

Oldsalty Aunction Box

GIP - pex peppers cosmic peach (Oldsalty auction)
GIP - pex peppers singularity (Oldsalty auction)
GIP - pex peppers dragon burner (Oldsalty auction)
JayT - pex peppers trinidad scorpion jelly (Oldsalty auction)
JHP - jhp 7 pod white (Oldsalty auction)
JHP - jhp jay's ghost scorpion (Oldsalty auction)
JHP - jhp chocolate ghost (Oldsalty auction)

There will be additional contributions of my own - which I'll add to the list later - as well as some coming from other members ...

But, this is the box as it stands right now!

:cheers:

Thats great GM, thank you for yet another awesome addition to help Oldsalty.  :dance:

I got this from Oldsalty, it seems that things are already starting to improve.

"Soon Will be able to start ordering lumber to get roof ripped out and sheathed with new plywood. For now the house has a tarp to keep out rain. Waiting for estimate on metal roof panels. Really can't believe how much better we are feeling just don't know what we would have done without everyone's kindness! :)"

I can't thank you all enough for you generosity, it means the world to me, and especially Oldsalty. 

SR. 

Magged Out said:
PM'D Shorerider that I could do $50. I'm a go ahead and PayPal Ol Salty even if I get out bid.
He most certainly did.  :dance:  Thanks again for your donation Magged Out.

cubbieblue82 said:
i love this!!

keep it movin!!

#5  75$
#9  35$
#10 100$
Thank you for your bid.

AaronTT said:
Okay, its to a good cause, and I bet AJ makes a quality knife so $125  for #10
Wow, AJ's knife is certainly sparking some interest. Thanks for your bid. I will post a pic of the knife once I have it available. 

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
I'm changing the Anysoldier item since this is an auction:

Whatever the final bid is, I will send that much in value of sauce + a matching amount of sauce.

e.g. If the final bid is $20, I'll send $40 worth. If $50 I'll send $100 worth of hot sauce to a soldier at random.

Go!
:woohoo:
Thanks for increasing the value of your already very generous item.  :P

Thanks again to all that have contributed so far, it has already made a difference, and once the auction closes, it's bound to help Oldsalty in so many different ways. 

I will edit the auction post in the coming days to reflect the current round of bids and items.

SR. 

Shorerider said:
He most certainly did.  :dance:  Thanks again for your donation Magged Out.

Thank you for your bid.

Wow, AJ's knife is certainly sparking some interest. Thanks for your bid. I will post a pic of the knife once I have it available. 

Thanks for increasing the value of your already very generous item.  :P

Thanks again to all that have contributed so far, it has already made a difference, and once the auction closes, it's bound to help Oldsalty in so many different ways. 

I will edit the auction post in the coming days to reflect the current round of bids and items.

SR. 

Now this is family !  c'mon all join in !      :onfire:

Oldsalty's Fundraising Birthday Auction. 

ENDS 13th JULY AT 12:00AM (EDT) SC TIME.

As most of you are aware, our good friend Oldsalty has fallen on tough times yet again with health, and other issues.

His run of bad luck is one that just seems to continue week after week, month after month. How can so many bad things happen to such a nice, and "likeable" person?

Well, I can't sit and let this continue to happen, Oldsalty needs some goodluck for a change. So, I would like to hold an Auction for Oldsalty to raise some money to help him with his health, and money issues.

At the end of the auction which will run until 12:00am midnight of July 13th, the winner would need to transfer funds before the items would be sent, all proceeds going to Oldsalty. 

If you feel you are able to help add to the list of auction items, please reply here or PM me, and I will edit it into this post.

Members not wanting to bid on any of the auction items can also make a monetary donation, however big or small if they wish. PM me and I will forward you the relevant PayPal payment information. 

This post will be continually updated, so please keep an eye out for updates and added auction items. I welcome all comments regarding any improvements you'd care to suggest.    :P 

Auction items:

Shorerider - Item #01:
20160619_191317_edit_1466328524958.jpg

- 1x 11oz Bottle of Heatseeker - A Choc 7 Pot sauce, with smokey undertones and a chilli head 'hot' heat level.

- 1x 11oz Bottle of Smoke 'N' Fire - A Sweet tomato sauce/ketchup style sauce, but with a 'medium' heat.

- 1x 11oz Bottle of Rocoto-Loco - A Tangy Rocoto based sauce with all focus being on the Rocoto flavor. (Only 9 bottles were made)

- 40g Tabasco powder 
- 40g Aji Pineapple powder 
- 40g 7 spice rub
- 40g Red Gum smoked Cayenne powder 
 (Postage worldwide is included)

Current highest bid: Tinnie AU$150

Shorerider - Item #02:

- A card containing 30 seed varieties.
20160627_113434_edit_1466991912796.jpg

- Aji Margariteno 
- Scotch Brain F3
- Biber Dolmasi 
- Brazilian Starfish 
- Hungarian yellow wax
- Rocoto 
- Manzano 
- Mustard Trinidad Scorpion 
- TS Cardi Yellow 
- Peruvian White Habanero 
- Goats Weed 
- Yellow 7 Pot 
- Aconcagua 
- Rooster Spur 
- Butchlah 
- Albanian Red Hot 
- 7 Pot Rennie
- Red Bhut Jolokia 
- Bombay Morich 
- Bhut Jolokia Assam 
- Cayenne Yellow/Orange 
- Cayenne x Bhut 
- Chocolate 7 Pot 
- Bishops Hat 
- Jimmy Nardello 
- MOA Scotch Bonnet Yellow 
- Red 7 Pot Jonah 
- Daisy Cutter 
- Chocolate Scorpion 
- Assam Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon 

Current highest bid: Magged Out US$50

Hogleg - Item #3:
160619_0000.jpg

- Lucky Dog Hot Sauce Black Label 
- Lucky Dog Hot Sauce Brown Label
- Lucky Dog Hot Sauce Orange Label
- Lucky Dog Hot Sauce Green Label

Current highest bid: Moruga Welder US$40

Hogleg & LDHS - Item #4:
160619_0002.jpg

- Lucky Dog Hot Sauce Black Label 
- Lucky Dog Hot Sauce Black Label 
- Lucky Dog Hot Sauce Brown Label 
(Kindly donated by Scott at LDHS)

- Mezzetta Habanero Hot Sauce
- Yucatan Sunset Picante
(Kindly donated by Hogleg)

IMG_0964.jpg

- Six LDHS limited edition square tumbler shot glasses. 
- One LDHS Golf ball. 
- 5x 8 oz bottles of LDHS - a complete set of my squeeze bottle lineup:
- Dia del Perro
- New & improved Purple Label
- New & now sugar free Red Label
- Year of the Dog
- Pink Label
(Kindly donated by Scott at LDHS)

Current highest bid: AldenMiller US$50

Salsalady - item #5:
post-2879-0-36400500-1466552420.jpg

- 1/4 oz of (never before released) 12.8mil Pure Evil
-1/2 oz original 1.5mil Pure Evil
- Sample vial of 15.6mil capsaicin powder
- 1/2 oz 12mil pepper extract (also never before released)
Total Value - $150

Current highest bid: cubbieblue82 US$75

Salsalady - item #6:

For a $40 donation to Saltys fund, I'll send a Texas Creek goody package to a service Person of your choice. Send it to your family, friend, and Any Soldier...you choose.
There are two care packages up for grabs.

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce - Item #7:

-Medium flat rate package to an anysoldier address at random - 8 bottles of hot sauce.

AND....

Whatever the final bid is, I will send that much in value of sauce + a matching amount of sauce.

e.g. If the final bid is $20, I'll send $40 worth. If $50 I'll send $100 worth of hot sauce to a soldier at random.

Awesome Value. Go!

Current bid:

Pariah - Item #8:

- I am head chef at a historic outlaw bar in Wyoming that was the hang out for many 19th century outlaws such as Butch Cassidy, Harry Longabaugh, Harvey Logan, Ben Kilpatrick and more.
IMG_20160624_082818.jpg

It comes with: a shirt (sz L), two collectors bar glasses, a short book by the owner that talks a bit about our history, and three bottles of my sauces that I serve in the restaurant (BBQ, Buffalo and Jerk, not pictured) that will be made fresh before shipping.

Current highest bid: Shorerider US$50 (To go to Oldsalty)

Moruga Welder - Item #9:

- I would like to donate 3 oz. of my Peach Bhut s.s. / Jays peach g/s pure placenta. It is foodsavered and in the freezer for freshness .
msg-9529-0-76982100-1466956902_thumb.jpg

Current highest bid: cubbieblue82 US$35

Ajdrew - Item #10:
13649692_998570436928116_869287846_n.jpg

- Hand forged knife - 

Current highest bid:  AaronTT US$125

grantmichaels - Item #11

Oldsalty Aunction Box:

- JAYT - PEX PEPPERS TRINIDAD SCORPION JELLY.
- JHP - JHP 7 POD WHITE POWDER.
- JHP - JHP JAY'S GHOST SCORPION POWDER.
- JHP - JHP CHOCOLATE GHOST POWDER.
- MM - PECAN SMOKED CONGO POWDER.
- MM - APPLE SMOKED CHOCO BHUT POWDER.
- MM - CHERRY SMOKED CROSSES POWDER.
- MM - MORUGA POWDER.
- GIP - PEX PEPPERS COSMIC PEACH.
- GIP - PEX PEPPERS SINGULARITY.
- GIP - PEX PEPPERS DRAGON BURNER.
- GM - PEX WAVES OF LILIKO.
- GM - HUSKER21'S RELAXIN' JACK BACKYARD BBQ SAUCE (END OF MONTH EXPIRY).
- GM - TEXAS CREEK CHIPOTLE BBQ SAUCE.
- GM - RANCHO GORDO SANTA MARIA PIQUITOS BEANS.
- GM - HELLFIRE SMOKED HABABERO SEA SALT.
- GM - PI RHO SWEETR JALAPENO DIPPING MUSTARD.
- GM - 10X MYSTERY CITRUS SEEDS.

Current highest bid: bpiela US$75

A special thanks to those below that have made a generous monetary donation to Oldsalty.

- Student of Spice 
- Scovill DeVille
- Magged Out

Let's turn Oldsalty's bad luck around. 

SR.

Ok just have to stop in to say WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW Y'all are the most amazing people this is insane!! I speechless and that not easy for me cause I'm one gabby SOB hahaha.

We've already received many donations as Shorerider has posted allowing us to start some of the repairs. Sadly we've had some nasty storms so progress has been halted really bad tonight hope we have the tarp there in the morning.

After removing the shingles we've found some more rotted sections but they don't seem to be leaking. Won't be able to replace anymore till weather let's up. But the tarp has stopped waterfall in our guest bedroom.

After repairs this room available to all members looking to get away to sunny South Carolina!! :) And that's a promise. Wish I could do more.

Again Heather and I send you all our love and thanks. We'd be lost without y'all.

No bids for my anysoldier package. :(

Even a $10 bid gets $20 worth of sauce to a soldier in harm's way. I'm covering the shipping too!

Update to shot glass / golf ball item: adding 5x 8 oz bottles of LDHS - a complete set of my squeeze bottle lineup.
- Dia del Perro
- Year of the Dog
- Pink Label

BOOM!

grantmichaels said:
The box from me and the Contest folks will have a lot more stuff, some of which is in transit and heading this way now ;) :party:
Much appreciated GM, let me know when you have all the items and I'll add them to your auction items.

AldenMiller said:
Put me down for $50 for #11.

-Alden
Will do, thanks for your bid.

oldsalty said:
Ok just have to stop in to say WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW Y'all are the most amazing people this is insane!! I speechless and that not easy for me cause I'm one gabby SOB hahaha.

We've already received many donations as Shorerider has posted allowing us to start some of the repairs. Sadly we've had some nasty storms so progress has been halted really bad tonight hope we have the tarp there in the morning.

After removing the shingles we've found some more rotted sections but they don't seem to be leaking. Won't be able to replace anymore till weather let's up. But the tarp has stopped waterfall in our guest bedroom.

After repairs this room available to all members looking to get away to sunny South Carolina!! :) And that's a promise. Wish I could do more.

Again Heather and I send you all our love and thanks. We'd be lost without y'all.
Glad we could help. :P  If I ever visit SC, I'll be sure to take you up on your offer. 

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
No bids for my anysoldier package. :(

Even a $10 bid gets $20 worth of sauce to a soldier in harm's way. I'm covering the shipping too!

Update to shot glass / golf ball item: adding 5x 8 oz bottles of LDHS - a complete set of my squeeze bottle lineup.
- Dia del Perro
- Year of the Dog
- Pink Label

BOOM!
More sauce, and more value? Wow LDHS, you are one generous bloke!   :P  Thank you for all your contributions so far. C'mon people, with LDHS's service person deal, you can help two people with one bid!!!

ajdrew said:
Knife done.  Been away.  Will get photos up tonight when wife gets home with the only phone that takes decent pictures..  Assuming person in charge will tell me where to ship if someone wins auction yes?  Or do I send it to the person in charge and then s/he takes it from there? 
AJ, thanks for getting the knife done to add to the auction, it already has had a lot of interest. You can post a pic here, then I'll copy and edit it into the current auction list. Or, if you send me a PM, I can forward you my email address for you to send it to me via email. The person with the winning bid will transfer the funds to Oldsalty's PayPal, once the payment is confirmed, you can then send the knife off to the winning bidder.

I'll be editing the auction post soon so watch this space. Time is running out folks, there are some awesome items to be had here, and all for a great cause. Thanks again for all that have contributed to this auction, it's what makes our community so different from many other forums out there.

SR.

So many amazing items!! Still expecting rain a t-storm's today and tomorrow. Summer in the south ! :( looks like next week will be better. Hopefully :)

Just wanted to stop by and THANK everyone again. Heather and I really thought we were going to be living with a tarp roof for a very long time. Now we feel like this is going to happen! :) and y'all are the reason. So hard sometimes when trouble strikes. You feel like you're standing in a giant whole with no way out. Especially when injuries make it impossible to rectify the situation yourself. Before my injuries I always knocked any curve ball thrown our way out of the park. But sadly the Fall Guy has had to many falls and our savings have fallen with it.
So when this one hit we were at our lowest point. We really thought we were on our own. I was feeling defeated and just beat down. You work hard your whole life. Then injuries start to take their toll. Not only physically and emotionally but financially as well. Really test your strengths and weaknesses. I was angry at myself for not providing more for Heather and I. As our savings has dwindled so has our patients. Her job doesn't allow her to work enough hours and employment is bad in our area. My veterans disability is a joke.
This has been hard enough on its own. But this hit was more than we were ready for. We've been angry at ourselves and each other. I make no excuses for my situation. Just was easier to handle these bumps in the road when I was younger and uninjured.
So when I say Thank You I don't just mean for all your doing for us now. But for allowing us to be part of a community that cares for those in its fold unconditionally. To see you all come together so quickly to help one of your own. This is the true nature of the world we live in. We're love and kindness shine so bright it's sometimes hard to see. Well my friends your love and Kindness has blinded us both with your selfless act's not only for Heather and I but all in our COMMUNITY.
I could not be PROUDER to be part of this wonderful group of people. Heather and I truly love you all.

Oldsofty :)

Underneath
A sea of doubt
There's a million voices shouting
Let me out, let me out
When we go
We never return
'Cos there's just one lesson
That we got to learn
Wherever you go
Whatever you do
Whatever you say
Say, say, say
Say it with love
Say it with love
Say it with love
Say it with love
Say it with love.
(Moody Blues)

oldsalty said:
We've been angry at ourselves and each other.

Noooooooooo!

I am not religious (recovered Catholic) but I hope and pray for there to be no anger in your world. What you and Heather have, is each other and that's what will get you through this. But I do understand the emotions that bubble up in hard times. When Bank of America stole my house, I remember the anger. But there is no grace in anger, only dark, horrible thoughts. Take a deep breath, hold Heather's hand and smile at your gifts.

Chin up comrade. This is just a chapter in your story. The next chapter will be wonderful!

XOXO

Scoville DeVille said:
Noooooooooo!

I am not religious (recovered Catholic) but I hope and pray for there to be no anger in your world. What you and Heather have, is each other and that's what will get you through this. But I do understand the emotions that bubble up in hard times. When Bank of America stole my house, I remember the anger. But there is no grace in anger, only dark, horrible thoughts. Take a deep breath, hold Heather's hand and smile at your gifts.

Chin up comrade. This is just a chapter in your story. The next chapter will be wonderful!

XOXO
Thank You Brother :) Just trying to put this chapter to bed and move on to the next. Having friends like you make each page easier to turn even when the pages seem to be made of lead. :)
I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your home. I just feel like a shit sometimes I'm not the guy who usually asks for help. And I know other's are struggling as well and with even bigger obstacles then we're facing. So this is hard for me. I'm usually trying to be the helper not the helped.
This has definitely affected my temperament. Sadly Heather has been taking the brunt of it. I feel ashamed for letting myself get here. Injuries and no stop meds are definitely making it hard to cope lately. Be glad when it's all over and we can move on.
You all have done so much and Heather just worries so. Just so hard to accept help when so many others are in the same boat or worse. Or have dealt with worse such as yourself losing your home.
Just hard to wrap my head around everyone's generosity and kindness. Guess I'm feeling bad about having to be helped. Don't want others to think less of me. I really don't know how to express it. Just hard.
Thanks again Scovie :)

Back