On Cutlery ...

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I was just looking at new knives while at the mall, my Amazon link my get my love now :)
Its about time you get some new knives as much as you love the kitchen and preparing food.   :)

Which ones are you going to get ?

SavinaRed said:
I just watched a few videos on youtube and and it looks like a very good quality cutlery company.

I've got two of them and really like them, but my wife made the knife decision for me on Christmas when she gave me this:

20151225_182441.jpg

Beautiful 8" carving knife. Only other knife we were really looking for was a good quality boning knife, so we burned up a gift card to Williams-Sanoma and ordered this.
51JcV7aytLL._SL1000_.jpg

It should be here in a week or so.
It will be nice to retire the less expensive knives out to the RV and have these for home use.

Grass Snake said:
Looking for a good "starter" set and was looking at these. The knives I'm using now are dollar store specials and looking to upgrade. Any thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Japanese-The-Original-MAC-Kitchen-knife-Series-Set-of-4-New-Made-in-JAPAN-/351830781069?hash=item51eabfac8d:g:8wAAAOSwFnFV84I6

Forget sets. They always look awesome but when you pay the money and get them home, you end up only using three of them.

I would suggest spending as much as you can afford on one good chef's knife. About an eight incher.

Then get a Pearing knife, Serated Bread knife (or meat slicer) and a Fillet knife.

Build your own set based on your needs/wants but you gotta start with a Chef's Knife. A good one.

My 2¢

Damn I was about to order Smokenfire's knife but now I'm not sure. Started thinking about that off-set design and think it will suit my bad wrist.

Scoville DeVille said:
Not to poo poo on Grants link but it is a MUST for me to handle my knives before I buy them. 

From a store.

Ok, my 3¢
It's always a risk buying online but for $60 and it's supporting a small business, think it might be worth it.

Back