• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Opinions on a SFR box of peppers just recieved please

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 for sicman, elcap, and pepperlover's peppers!

in the 10 sfrb I have received only 1.5 peppers had a hole in it. No mold, some soft but still edible. 

Those pods you got looked as if sitting in the box for a week before ship.

I've been reading all posts and apart from the obvious bad peppers there, I am seeing that a lot of people are ordering and paying for peppers and you aren't even seeing your orders for months? Are you being told this, or just sitting there waiting week after week for your peppers? I send mine out a couple of days after I get an order unless it is during the end of the week, then they still go out on Monday before I go over for hot pepper night.

cycadjungle said:
I've been reading all posts and apart from the obvious bad peppers there, I am seeing that a lot of people are ordering and paying for peppers and you aren't even seeing your orders for months? Are you being told this, or just sitting there waiting week after week for your peppers? I send mine out a couple of days after I get an order unless it is during the end of the week, then they still go out on Monday before I go over for hot pepper night.

I have a similar policy where I send my peppers out the next day at the very latest. I'm lucky in that my "day" job doesn't start until mid-afternoon, so I can swing by the Post Office in the AM.

cycadjungle said:
imo, the whole pre-sale thing is a bad idea and faulted. we could have a hurricane tomorrow. what do you do then when you have spent all the money from pre-orders.  

I am only a year in to the "hot pepper culture" and received 6 or 8 SFRB last season.  They came from 5 or 6 different people and all were in excellent condition.  Your seller should refund your money or replace your order with another delivered in EXCELLENT condition at his/her expense.

Anything less is simply not the right thing to do!  

You should have to do no more than just inform the seller of the condition of your order and it should be corrected.   That's what any responsible person should do.

I can't really add to what has already been said above except I am sorry for your experience and IT IS NOT THE NORM among the hot pepper community!

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
Sadly I had a vendor tell me it's part of the ripening process. Pods get picked. They get shipped. They ripen on the way.

I almost did a spit-take when I read this... They seriously told you that?

needless to say the right thing to do for THP members and guests is to post pictures and info in the vendors vault. Im thinking there is already a page started for this vendor.................

Either way your vendor sucks and deserves an ass kicking for taking hard earned money and sending that crap then asking for more hard earned money......

Anybody that would attach their name to rotten buggy pods has more problems than the obvious...

Good luck bud

PrimeTime said:
needless to say the right thing to do for THP members and guests is to post pictures and info in the vendors vault. Im thinking there is already a page started for this vendor.................

Either way your vendor sucks and deserves an ass kicking for taking hard earned money and sending that crap then asking for more hard earned money......

Anybody that would attach their name to rotten buggy pods has more problems than the obvious...

Good luck bud

Indeed! I think that was THP's point with that section, to provide honest reviews :) If they're great, cool, and if they suck, then I'm sure there'll be people lined up to say so. Although full disclosure, I think the tendency has always been to post negative reviews more readily than positive ones. I think Judy and maybe a tiny handful of others have been the exception to that though :)

PrimeTime said:
I dunno i see a lot of positive reviews, yourself included Cap!

I'm trying not to toot my own horn, ya know! I try to let my stuff speak for itself :)

I was just trying to say that in general, I've seen over the years that people are always more willing to levy negative criticisms, then positive reviews :)

I got a nice professional sounding email from Dale.
He reminds me that the product listing says they guarantee 25 to 30 arrive fresh and nice.
He offered to send a new box if I pay shipping only if I did not get 25-30 fresh peppers.

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with the guy about this. I sent him photos and made it clear that I am not satisfied.
He's relectant to help. I won't be doing business there again.
I've read some of his posts on here. He does not sound like someone I want to support.

I did get 25+ decent peppers.
They aren't as fresh as I had hoped, but there are some nice superhots in there.
I will enjoy them.

I'll order from some of the others who have a better reputation next time.

Hopefully my small crop does well this season and I can offer others some quality pods this fall also.

Thanks again for the feedback guys. 

Happy Sunday eve!

You're welcome, sir!

It sucks that Dale sent you pods that weren't to your satisfaction, and that to send a replacement, you had to pay for shipping... Not a good business practice in my opinion. I know if it was someone like Judy, sicman, or many of the other vendors on here, trust me, the replacement box would've already been in the mail at no charge to you whatsoever.

My plants are taking a break from producing now for some reason, but once they do I'll post up any sales of SFRB's I have. I will be planting seedlings in the next week or two, so I'll be selling those when they become available.

For fresh pods right now, I can highly recommend Judy (aka PepperLover), my man sicman, mmcdermott (sorry if I butchered your username), and a few others on here. There's always posts in the Forum Ads section for fresh pepper boxes as well from other stuff, so check there frequently.

My plants are taking a break from producing now for some reason, but once they do I'll post up any sales of SFRB's I have.

For fresh pods right now, I can highly recommend Judy (aka PepperLover), my man sicman, mmcdermott (sorry if I butchered your username), and a few others on here. There's always posts in the Vendor Vault section as well from others, so check there frequently.

Thank you

Aaron Sm said:
Thank you

You're welcome. I've personally purchased from both sicman and PepperLover, and can vouch for their products being top notch. And mmcdermott has given me some great pointers on stuff, and I've also seen his products given to others, with a high level of satisfaction as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back