Ozzy's All Grain on deck

Oxidized my old turkey pot after cleaning all the oil off of it and tested the counter flow chiller. Going in at 180-200 coming out between 80-90. I'm pretty happy with that.

Based on what I *NOW* know, that'll work just fine ...

Absolutely nothing wrong with those yeasties enjoying temp up to like 90F while they are doing the oxygenated budding part in the beginning, before they shift to fermenting ...

You're in there!

All ground up and in the mashtun at 155.5F.

Getting everything else to go. Gonna run and grab some iodine real quick for the conversion test and some brats to grill for later .

My efficiency ended up being 82.5% assuming I put everything in correctly. I guess I got a good grind from my mill.
lol i forgot to post...here you go GM

7 lbs 8.0 oz Pale Malt, Maris Otter (3.0 SRM) Grain 1 75.0 %
1 lbs Caramel/Crystal Malt - 80L (80.0 SRM) Grain 2 10.0 %
1 lbs Chocolate Malt (350.0 SRM) Grain 3 10.0 %
8.0 oz Roasted Barley (300.0 SRM) Grain 4 5.0 %
2.00 oz Crystal [3.50 %] - Boil 90.0 min Hop 5 22.1 IBUs
0.50 oz Crystal [3.50 %] - Boil 30.0 min Hop 6 4.0 IBUs
8.00 oz Cocoa Powder (Boil 5.0 mins) Flavor 7 - 12.00 oz
Milk Sugar (Boil 5.0 mins) Other 8 - 2.0 pkg Nottingham (Danstar #-) [23.66 ml] Yeast 9 -
All that hard work deserves a beer.

:beer:

Sweet ... lotsa Maris Otter - always a good sign in my book ... seems to be a common element in a lot of beer that I like ...

I guess that would qualify as a chocolate milk stout ... sounds good to me!

CHEERS!

:cheers:

Yeah. It's supposed to be pretty close to Youngs DBL choc. My wife and I really like it. I've found that I'm a big fan of crystal too. Most of my favorite beers have that caramel taste. I used dark chocolate powder for the cocoa.

I'm likely making a deal w/ Danielle to brew twice back-to-back this weekend and then I'll be taking a break for a bit, I think ...

I'll just have so much beer, eight actually ...

With any luck, I'll have time for two this weekend. We have a wedding to go to Sunday. I'm also at the mercy of my 50lb sack of 2 row coming in. As long as I have time to make the DFH 90 clone I'll be happy. Tired of paying 12-14 bucks for 4 of those beauties.

Back