Ozzy's All Grain on deck

Cap is still on. It's coming out steady. Bout 1/2" of liquid in the Rubbermaid. Not too bad.....yet.
kzcpTZ1.jpg

The rubber made worked great. Easy cleanup in under 10 minutes. I slid it across the hallway to the bathroom and sprayed the bottom off, then dumped the Rubbermaid and rinsed everything off.
Can't wait to taste it. I'll probably keg it and let it age in there. For a month or so then start drinking it.
:cheers:

Ozzy2001 said:
Oh btw the citra imperial IPA I made is really good. I can't believe how fruity this hops are. It's crazy.

citra is the best, for me ...

nelson is the 2nd, so far ...

i have retry galaxy, either alone or in combo ...

my Zorg beer has a weird note, but it could be from either the little bit of wheat, or the Zythos, or possibly whatever yeast I used (might have been S-04) ...

wheebz said:
Nelson is like sipping on a glass of reisling

From Wikipedia:

"In cool climates (such as many German wine regions), Riesling wines tend to exhibit apple and tree fruit notes with noticeable levels of acidity that are sometimes balanced with residual sugar. A late-ripening variety that can develop more citrus and peach notes is grown in warmer climates (such as Alsace and parts of Austria). In Australia, Riesling is often noted for a characteristic lime note that tends to emerge in examples from the Clare and Eden Valley in South Australia. Riesling's naturally high acidity and pronounced fruit flavors give wines made from the grape exceptional aging potential, with well-made examples from favorable vintages often developing smokey, honey notes, and aged German Rieslings, in particular, taking on a "petrol" character.[2]" 

I'll go w/ Wheebz and that, the warm version, citrus and peach notes ...

I also might have to try some wine's now that and see if my palate has changed it's tune on the vino ...

Really thinking about growing hops this year. They're so cheap that it seems worth giving it a shot. I even have a huge light pole that I can string up a nice rope to grow them on.

Ozzy2001 said:
Really thinking about growing hops this year. They're so cheap that it seems worth giving it a shot. I even have a huge light pole that I can string up a nice rope to grow them on.

I have some rhizomes from FB that didnn't enjoy Florida's hospitality, coming from Maine ...

I have them, still, but I've since read that they can be pretty fucking invasive, and hard to remove if they get a good foot-hold in the ground ...

And then there's the whole issue of not really know the AA of them, making them not all that well-suited for bittering additions ...

I would like to grow some, just for the experience, but I've lowered the priority of that ... partially because you can't get Citra ... LOL.

Back