Ozzy's All Grain on deck

Ozzy2001 said:
I read that you want to dig them up after the season and cut the roots back.

I read those fucters will grow under your house if you aren't careful, and that you want to place them a bit away from structures ...

There's a book or such on growing them from years ago that recommends which sun-facing wall etc, and some structures to fasten to you soffit or whatever ...

The blog post I recall was a guy w/ a Ditch Witch in his backyard trying to cut through the roots that extended under his patio ...

Well, they grow about 25' feet long and can weigh 20+lbs. so i think it would fall over. Although, I guess I could put them next to the rope I would set up and train them on there.
grantmichaels said:
There's a book or such on growing them from years ago that recommends which sun-facing wall etc, and some structures to fasten to you soffit or whatever ...

The blog post I recall was a guy w/ a Ditch Witch in his backyard trying to cut through the roots that extended under his patio ...
Lol wow. Hard part for me would be to get them in the sun but keep them away from any structures.

Upgrade for the stir plate
ss5eoJL.jpg

PwkL6nv.jpg

xXAZDGC.jpg

I may add a rheostat later, but it's good enough for now.

Ozzy2001 said:
Well, they grow about 25' feet long and can weigh 20+lbs. so i think it would fall over. Although, I guess I could put them next to the rope I would set up and train them on there.

Lol wow. Hard part for me would be to get them in the sun but keep them away from any structures.

a few ideas for ya:

hops3_zpsxvnlxylg.jpg

hops1_zpsqheqlhmq.jpg

hops2_zpsakckuwgb.jpg

Back