Ozzy's All Grain on deck

That's a good beer. I taste Girl Scout thin mints....yum
It's very subtle mint. Too many breweries over power the mint. I like that one.

Alright bitches

here we go

now I know you had problems with this one from the beginning, so I will be easy for the first one

Bottle is labeled Metallica

Good color minus the extreme amount of yeasties

great head retention, although I could only get half the bottle into my glass because it exploded all over the place when I poured it into the glass from extreme overcarbonation, and, wait for it, infection!

Smell - Copper penny mixed with a side of stinkbug. Definite gram positive infection creating unwanted phenolic compounds. There is some hop aroma but it isnt prominent nor really wanted

Mouthfeel - Light but coating. Super fizzy

Taste- Not as bad as the smell, I don't get the stinkbug. Low to medium malt flavor, but an astringent bitter taste. A little chocolate, but overpowered by the metallic flavors.

Overall - Yea..... No.

Yeah I new it was bad. So that was an infection and not the aluminum pot huh.
Glad you went to that first. They should get better from there. I drain poured all I had left of that lol. I just wanted to know if it was the pot or infection. Nice to know.

So my sanitation caused that?
Or temperature caused that? That was my first AG batch. Obviously lol.

tctenten said:
Tough love baby….only way we are going to get better.  I am going to take my medicine too, in about a month.  
wheebz' pissed right now because he probably thought i was wrong, and is now even more curious if i'm actually, possibly making tasty beer here ...

soon ...

maybe even this weekend ...

gm vs beergun ... round one ...

Appearance- Dark copper, cloudy as I expect from all these bottles, because homebrew, nothing you can really do. Zero head retention, and zero lacing. Not too uncommon with sours that don't go through rigorous steps to get there.

Smell - AWWW YISSS, MOTHAFUCKIN CHERRIES!!!!  
tumblr_mvlyw1kzkv1sodo64o1_400.gif

Mouthfeel - super light, goes down really easy, very minimal carbonation, like easily in the 1.5 dissolved volumes range, which would really make this shine. Love me some bubbles in neo-berliners like this

Taste - Dominating cherries, with a touch of tartness. Probably a finishing pH of 3.8 or 3.9. A little nutty, but pretty one dimensional. Not bad. Gonna let it warm up to around 55 to see if I what I think is there is actually there. 

Overall - Loads better than the last one. Needs a lot more carbonation, but might have been from the filling the bottle process as well. If this had bubbles to it, I would actually put this up there in the mid to high 30's range on a BJCP sheet. I would like to see some more mouthfeel as well, maybe more oats or wheat, and a step mash up to the 155-158 range.
To answer your question though

It is a combination of the aluminum and the infection

the infection overcarbonated and caused the gushing and the phenolics, the metallic flavors were from the kettle, but they were only in the nose predominantly, although there was so much shit in the flavor i didnt really try to pick out too much

Next beer

labeled Sorta Pale Ale

Appearance - Dark for a pale ale, in the realm of brown ale, good lacing, good head that is dissipating at a good rate but holding at a half inch above the beer

Smell - Perfume and flowers. I smell geraniol upfront real big. I also get a metallic smell as well

Mouthfeel - Medium body but super thick on the tongue. Coats the mouth like peptobismol

Taste - A combination of good malts, european floral hops/noble hop flavors, but I get some lemon citrus. A lot of bitterness without the appropriate amount of hop flavor or aroma. It is drinkable, but nothing really sticks out. It has all the components of like a british pale ale, but everything is super subdued, nothing really sticks out. I am honestly having a hard time finishing this bottle as it is so coating on my mouth. 

Overall - High 20's because it has potential, but its missing a lot of key components. I don't taste any infections though. You know what, it feels like drinking a really oily IPA but with no IPA flavor. Lots of oils or something here, I just cant put my finger on it. 

OK going back to the sort of pale ale

Now that is has warmed up, I taste some chocolate malt-ish characteristics, and the malt in general sticks out a lot more. If this was served in a cask it would be good. The glass is still laced all the way up to where I originally had it which is awesome

A7Owzpl.jpg

OK taking a pause real quick

Does this help you out more grant?

km9p6EZ.jpg

Or how about the PC specs

Asus Z97-A
i7-4790
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum
2x Geforce GTX 980ti, yea bitch, 2 of them
Samsung 256G SSD
2x Western Digital 2TB 

And more stuff that is irrelevant to this beer review