• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

P-Son's "mild to wild" Manscaping prohibited!!

After a couple nudging pm's it is time to get things rolling...well, get a list situated atleast. I won't be starting my seeds until March 1 this season. This list is subject to change, and I'm betting it will before I'm done typing. My two goals this season are 1.) Take less pics and better quality 2.)Sow later and achieve similar yields. My germination techniques and set up are not inspirational or extravagant so the bulk of my updates will be after early june plant out. Fert apllication and medium are changing a tiny bit but staying simple with it.

c.annuum
Big Jim
Elefant
Giant Aconcagua
Goat's Weed
Jimmy Nardello
Mucho Nacho
Purple Pequin

c.baccatum
Aji Cristal
Birgit's Locoto (growdown)
Yellow Bouquet

c.frutescens
Boonie
GRIF9265
Jindungo
Lombok
Malagueta
Ndungu

c.pubescens
Canario
Brown Rocoto
Dino Pod
Rocoto Largo San Isidro
Turbo Pube
White Manzano

c.chinense
7 Pot Congo SR
7 Pot Primo Orange
7 Pot Primo Red
7 Pot Primo Yellow
7 Pot Red Brain
7 Pot Yellow
Armageddon F-2
Bahamian Goat
Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon (overwinter)
Bode Roxa
Black Naga
Butch T (overwinter)
Carolina Reaper
Douglah (overwinter)
Fatalii
Giant Twisted Chocolate Habanero
Jay's Ghost Scorpion Red
Jay's Ghost Scorpion Peach
Not Black Naga Mean Red Spiky Cross
Not Infinity Yellow Cross
Peach Scorpion
Red FDA Scotch Bonnet
Spikes F-1
TFM Scotch Bonnet
Red Tree Hab

wilds
CAP 1144
CAP 1530 c.cardenasii
CGN 19198 c.sp
c.buforum
c.ciliatum
Cumari Parana
Cumari Verdareira
c.exile-chacoense-cobincho
c.eximium
c.flexuosum
c.galapagoense
Huge Rocopica (pube x card)
c.lanceolatum
Mata Frade
Parvifolium
c.tovarii

Now for the good stuff.... 70's style! These are some old and new pics of the pubes and wilds I have growing currently.

eximium and cardenasii
RSCN0307.jpg

NIKONL810004.jpg

tovarii and galapagoense
RSCN0569.jpg

RSCN0303.jpg

flexuosum
RSCN0299.jpg

c lanceolatum.... Holy Grail stuff!!! After 47 days I sowed my last couple seeds in a last ditch effort. 9 or 10 days later and this guy hooks. I'm over the moon...that is until I see the seed hull hanging on. Really?? So what do you do when only 1 sprouts out of your 7 seeds and it has a helmet head? Surgery ensued! I weaseled the pinhead sized casing off and everything looked nice and green but in a few hours it started looking rough. Fingers crossed for now. Excuse the cell phone picture here.
2013-02-03_10-40-10_380.jpg

Pubes
2012-12-29_22-15-48_522.jpg

RSCN0573-1.jpg

RSCN0629.jpg

RSCN0648.jpg

Love that your pube is ripening.

That is gonna be one juicy tasty treat.

The yellow pod looks like the yellow primo pods I had.

The rhomb is a beautiful specimen JB.  :P

GnomeGrown said:
:woohoo: Awesome pod pics, son.

:hot:
Thanks!

MGOLD86 said:
Is that the same Armageddon that Chris was growing?? (Vlad's maybe?)
It is Vladan's Armageddon,correct. I have more of his stuff going too.

romy6 said:
Love that your pube is ripening.

Hard not to pick that manzano,I want to try it bad! Last night I tried the Rocopica and it was juicy and tasty. I did harvest two of the yellow primo pods yesterday,haven't tried them yet. The piccy above is that yellow cross I'm growing from Chris.
DSCN5714.jpg

That is gonna be one juicy tasty treat.

The yellow pod looks like the yellow primo pods I had.

The rhomb is a beautiful specimen JB.  :P
armac said:
Thanks Rodney
millworkman said:
Ok but seriously, do you rake it everyday?  Why not use a mulch?
I will start using hardwood mulch next season. More for keeping the dirt from splashing up than anything,weeds aren't really a problem for me. That is a new plot and I wanted a few years of amending it first to make sure it is perfect. I would hate to add something and then have an issue pop up. Then you have one more thing to get past to pinpoint the problem.

great looking pods.  glad that you're getting some manzanos . . . one of my favorites but I've never had much luck growing it.  typically get lots of flowers, some brutal Midwestern heat, and then they all fall off. 

Spicegeist said:
Everything is looking great.  Do you have a favorite Bonnet from what you're growing so far?
Only one I have eaten so far is the Bahamian Goat,maybe not a Bonnet but close. I will keep you posted.

buddy said:
great looking pods.  glad that you're getting some manzanos . . . one of my favorites but I've never had much luck growing it.  typically get lots of flowers, some brutal Midwestern heat, and then they all fall off.
Ate my first one today...wow! I am impressed. I will get you out some when they start ripening.

DSCN5734.jpg

RSCN5765.jpg

DSCN5729.jpg

Pain!!
DSCN5728.jpg

Ghost Scorpion is prolific,only can see about half the pods on it.
DSCN5752.jpg

Yellow Bouquet
DSCN5753.jpg

C.eximium
RSCN5764.jpg

Mata Frade
DSCN5750.jpg

WalkGood said:
Whoa breathtaking pods mon! I love dem all \o/  ... oh and the pics are not too shabby ;) <--- only jesting, dem great!
Ramon,thank for the compliments mon!

Back