• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

P-Son's "mild to wild" Manscaping prohibited!!

After a couple nudging pm's it is time to get things rolling...well, get a list situated atleast. I won't be starting my seeds until March 1 this season. This list is subject to change, and I'm betting it will before I'm done typing. My two goals this season are 1.) Take less pics and better quality 2.)Sow later and achieve similar yields. My germination techniques and set up are not inspirational or extravagant so the bulk of my updates will be after early june plant out. Fert apllication and medium are changing a tiny bit but staying simple with it.

c.annuum
Big Jim
Elefant
Giant Aconcagua
Goat's Weed
Jimmy Nardello
Mucho Nacho
Purple Pequin

c.baccatum
Aji Cristal
Birgit's Locoto (growdown)
Yellow Bouquet

c.frutescens
Boonie
GRIF9265
Jindungo
Lombok
Malagueta
Ndungu

c.pubescens
Canario
Brown Rocoto
Dino Pod
Rocoto Largo San Isidro
Turbo Pube
White Manzano

c.chinense
7 Pot Congo SR
7 Pot Primo Orange
7 Pot Primo Red
7 Pot Primo Yellow
7 Pot Red Brain
7 Pot Yellow
Armageddon F-2
Bahamian Goat
Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon (overwinter)
Bode Roxa
Black Naga
Butch T (overwinter)
Carolina Reaper
Douglah (overwinter)
Fatalii
Giant Twisted Chocolate Habanero
Jay's Ghost Scorpion Red
Jay's Ghost Scorpion Peach
Not Black Naga Mean Red Spiky Cross
Not Infinity Yellow Cross
Peach Scorpion
Red FDA Scotch Bonnet
Spikes F-1
TFM Scotch Bonnet
Red Tree Hab

wilds
CAP 1144
CAP 1530 c.cardenasii
CGN 19198 c.sp
c.buforum
c.ciliatum
Cumari Parana
Cumari Verdareira
c.exile-chacoense-cobincho
c.eximium
c.flexuosum
c.galapagoense
Huge Rocopica (pube x card)
c.lanceolatum
Mata Frade
Parvifolium
c.tovarii

Now for the good stuff.... 70's style! These are some old and new pics of the pubes and wilds I have growing currently.

eximium and cardenasii
RSCN0307.jpg

NIKONL810004.jpg

tovarii and galapagoense
RSCN0569.jpg

RSCN0303.jpg

flexuosum
RSCN0299.jpg

c lanceolatum.... Holy Grail stuff!!! After 47 days I sowed my last couple seeds in a last ditch effort. 9 or 10 days later and this guy hooks. I'm over the moon...that is until I see the seed hull hanging on. Really?? So what do you do when only 1 sprouts out of your 7 seeds and it has a helmet head? Surgery ensued! I weaseled the pinhead sized casing off and everything looked nice and green but in a few hours it started looking rough. Fingers crossed for now. Excuse the cell phone picture here.
2013-02-03_10-40-10_380.jpg

Pubes
2012-12-29_22-15-48_522.jpg

RSCN0573-1.jpg

RSCN0629.jpg

RSCN0648.jpg

Wow Prodigal! So many of your pics are just stunning! Amazing wilds and flowering plants! I love the Douglah flower the most I think. Really dig the historical trek pics too. I have been wanting to grow some red current for jam. Maybe next year. Looking forward to that raised bed with plants.

Congratulations on the fantastic plants you have!

I will try to post of the link of where I read it. It has some interesting info as well.
Here is the link http://wildchilli.eu/index.php/c-flexuosum

A friend of mine grew a solo plant and it fruited just fine,that doesn't mean the pods have viable seeds for next season though. I will have to pick his brain. Most of the info that is on the web is from a few years back and only a few folks had grown a lot of this stuff. A lot of that info was assumed and there was some conflicting stuff. The flex that I am growing germinated in about 14 days I think,and the rates were really high. Those seeds could be from a good line,not sure.

Wow Prodigal! So many of your pics are just stunning! Amazing wilds and flowering plants! I love the Douglah flower the most I think. Really dig the historical trek pics too. I have been wanting to grow some red current for jam. Maybe next year. Looking forward to that raised bed with plants.

Congratulations on the fantastic plants you have!

Thanks Mike! I'm pretty new to photography but trying to gey better,the positive and negative feedback is always encouraged.

Man your photography is just beautiful. Thanks for the updates. Looking forward to seeing some shots of your wilds when they bloom.

I can't wait to see them bloom too,hopefully they will ripen also. Glad you enjoyed your visit.

Wish I could like this twice, because those pictures are just stunning :) Your plants look like they are ready to go, when are you gonna plant them out?

I could have planted them a couple weeks ago and been fine,best weather I have ever seen here at this time of the year. The weather is goofy in PA so I try to stay patient. High 30s for lows this weekend so I will be bringing them back in until next week.

They're pulling at your heart and my eyeballs! Wow...and the nature/history shots are freaking National Geographic quality! Amazing shots and plants brother! When is dirt day again? Should be creeping up!

Oh...see the next week post above now. Can't wait for those pics!

Are you freaking kidding me? I mean, first you've got the awesome pepper plant shots, then the very nice furnace shots capturing American History. But Bald Eagles? Don't they make their nests up high? Did you scale a mountain? Amazing.

Thanks to everyone that has commented. I am still patiently waiting for the weather to cooperate,or the weathermen to be more accurate. Highs in low 90's,lows in the low 30's, thunderstorms that never come,frost,it has been a mixed bag to say the least the least. I will be forced to heed the old timers warnings and plant out during Memorial Day holiday.

Windy and dark out for some of these shots (nope,didn't rain again) so some leaves might be blurred up a bit. First shot is of a Purple Pequin
RSCN3782.jpg

Chinense are in good shape and are waiting their opportunity.
RSCN3783.jpg

RSCN3785.jpg

An interesting chinense,Mata Frade.
RSCN3770.jpg

C.cardenasii
RSCN3784.jpg

A late start Manzano that might just have time to fruit.
DSCN3767.jpg

CGN 19198
RSCN3741.jpg

Maui Purple
DSCN3625.jpg

Another Manzano with different habit
RSCN3735.jpg

C.flexuosum flower
DSCN3514.jpg

Best bump I ever received Noah.

C.eximium
RSCN35971.jpg

Open eximium
RSCN3716-1.jpg

Pube flower
RSCN3717.jpg

Mata Frade... this is a must grow plant,very cool
RSCN3709.jpg

Bode Roxa
RSCN3712.jpg

Purple Pequin
RSCN35801.jpg

Here is a bad one. Don't take your frustrations out on your chiles!!! Take a jog,read a book,anything. This guy was spiked like a football,roots ripped,broken in two,stomped a couple times for good measure. Potted it up and it's showing signs of life.
DSCN35311.jpg

Peptacular said:
The shot of that Maui purple is f*cking beautiful man.
Glad you like it.

Back