• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pass the Parcel - Canada/USA

Swapping between the us and canada requires a lot more in postage, thus cross border parcels do not normally have a lot of participators.

ThePepperGrowingMan said:
What's a Pass the Parcel?

seed trading/swapping package among members...

Hey,
I would plan it so that the parcel would cross the border only 2 times.. once to go in and once to come out. So the delay wouldn't be bad at all.

--James

Ciao James-

I'd be up for it. These things do tend to take several weeks, so as long as the parcel was started in the Fall, I think it would work well for growers in the Southern US.

Matt Berry said:
Customs could be a problem, if they got a hold of it, it could be "game over" for the package.
I have recieved seeds from the states many times.. I would start the package and send it to the first person in the states...then once all the ppl in the states recieved the package the last person would send it to canada. The package would be small enough and light enough to not have a problem. I was thiking on starting it in sept. does that sounds about right?

Hey,
I'm guessing from the lack of response that this is a no go. Has there ever been a pass the parsal here?

--James

Hey,
Thanks for the threads.. I think i may read those over tonight and see how those went to see if one for Canada/USA is fesible. I think it would be fine and give everyone a chance to join. If planed correctly there would only be 2 crosses of the boarder (one my me and one by a USA member).

--James

qbvbsite said:
Hey,
Thanks for the threads.. I think i may read those over tonight and see how those went to see if one for Canada/USA is fesible. I think it would be fine and give everyone a chance to join. If planed correctly there would only be 2 crosses of the boarder (one my me and one by a USA member).

--James

My concern with seeds from others is a lot of them would be either crosses so your not getting what you expect or seeds that where mis labeled. Just seems like I've read a LOT of horror stories from members here not getting what they that they thought they where and only finding out after growing the plant to fruit. I recall one guy growing 3-4 that ended up have no heat from the pods at all and he had to toss them in the trash as a result.

Hey,
I think I'm going to do this. I'll make up the rules and then make a new post. I'll be aiming to sending out the package for September 1st. I'll make sure to mention the thing about crosses and such LGHT.

--James

I'm not interested, but most "pass the parcel" exchanges have rules that you need at least 100 posts and other requirements to keep some of the vultures and theives away.
I'd say nearly 80% of the people I've given seeds to I've never seen or heard from again. Generousity often gets taken advantage of, so be wise with the rules.

I think I will pass on this, even though i don't want to. I would much rather do individual trading with other members than through a pass the parcel

Im just looking to trade period. That way I can share what I have a lot of and get some new stuff that I need. Everyone wins then.

Back