pass the parcel seed trading

Recap:(so we don't have to look back through every page)

I had it
Pod Piper will get it next & send to
Pcola, then to
Fisting Mayfield
Lucky Dog
Pam
Garden Killer

edit: i will just leave that in there, but I wasn't frowning lol, random smilies amuse me.

your list was a little off cheesy we can't send the box out of the country

it should be from you to pod piper
then to pcola hot
then to lucky dog
then to pam
then to gardenkiller
then to cmpman1974

Doh! Right you are. :((lol)

I suggest that we loop the list if no one else is smart enough to sign up for this. At least 2 go arounds are in order since we will all contribute something different.

Can I just say that this has worked very well with Woody in the UK and EU countries. For problems with customs and postage costs maybe next time it would be better to do a US one, Australian one, and Europe one (can't the really desired varieties someone wants be done the usual way?). Going back to an earlier question you just take the seeds you'd like out of the parcel, add your spares then pass it on. If you don't need any of the varieties you just pass it on.

I dont want to butt in & I'm not taking part of this but whos to say someone doesnt take all the seeds & only put 1 kind back in or something like that. I'd think you would of put a limit on the number of kind of chiles seeds you can take & how many you must contribute (if you take?)- some kind of exchange ratio. really whos to say someone doesnt take all the good seeds & put back 1 packet of jalapenos!

I can see flaws in this vs just plan ol' asking for what seeds you're looking for or have to give like in the basic seed exchange section of THP.

round robin

We just did this here in the States. It is called a round robin. The person who started it put all the people who wanted to be in on it..their addresses on labels. It does cost everyone postage who wishes to be in on it. I paid almost $ 7.00 to mail it to a neighboring state. You put in pretty much the same amount of seed you wish to take out. In fact the package is still traveling. On its way to Canada. :onfire::onfire:

Anyone up for a Europe one? Is it worth doing? I don't mind organizing................ I don't have saved seeds this time round but can put in at least 6 new generous packets (Spanish don't scrimp on portions!!) to start us off. PM if you are interested..........
PS sorry for butting in here!!

Woody already started one in Europe but you'll have to check the chilligalore forum for details. Now for a Canadian one.

If anyone here is selfish enough to just take them all and not leave any, then why would they stick to a limit or even bother to mail it on? If you aren't participating then mind your own business. This is a good natured good faith endeavor. If you don't like it, post somewhere else you over opinionated jerk. This was all so positive and happy before your arrival.

The UK and Europe PTP is going great guns, we have had no problems with people taking more than they need, the pepper community is a great bunch and i for one would always put in more than i take and i think i speak for most. If you are in the UK or europe just log in to chillisgalore and you will find the post under chatter.
PTP #2 will be off and running around end Feb/March

Amen Woody! And thanks for the inspiration!

Those who are most suspicious of others are most likely suspicious because they know what wrong doing they themselves are capable of.

Its not like we dont post here everyday anyways. The tweener that did that would be found out soon enough and be beatin severly with a Herring.

NEEP

How about making this a sticky for the future list of people that want to be on board?

Good idea Lucky.

Sorry for the harshness of my post, it is just that 99% of the people on this site are as cool as can be, and then there are those few who constantly just want to poop on your parade.

We will have the name and address of everyone who participates! Lighten up.

cheezydemon said:
Good idea Lucky.

Sorry for the harshness of my post, it is just that 99% of the people on this site are as cool as can be, and then there are those few who constantly just want to poop on your parade.

We will have the name and address of everyone who participates! Lighten up.

cheezydemon, unfortunately they are everywhere and in every community :)

Just try to ignore them and keep on the very nice thing you guys are doing here (and I will give the idea to the Brazilian community)!

From the names that I see on the list so far I believe that everyone knows that this is not a means to stockpile your trading stock it is a means to grow something new this year or maybe next. I myself think that taking 8 to 10 seeds is more than sufficient. Some of the packs that I am putting in have hundreds of seeds in them others might have 10 or less if they do by all means if you are going to grow them take them if not pass em on.

This is a good thing lets keep it that way.:)

Dale

cheezydemon said:
If anyone here is selfish enough to just take them all and not leave any, then why would they stick to a limit or even bother to mail it on? If you aren't participating then mind your own business. This is a good natured good faith endeavor. If you don't like it, post somewhere else you over opinionated jerk. This was all so positive and happy before your arrival.

oh arnt we a little touchy :rolleyes: I was just making a comment. you all are making so many rules for the chile growing contest but yet fail to make rules for seed exchange in this pass the package around. I'd think someone with some smarts would of thought of this for "just incase"

FYI I wouldnt be one of those people "take many & leave few" but you're telling me this thought never went through your mind ? whos to say someone pulls out all the good ones & only put some half-ass chiles seeds back or less than what they pulled out.I'm not saying ALL of them & leave none.

I never said it was a bad idea, I just analyze things. mind my own biz! well is this not a forum where you can speak freely & exchange thoughts ? if you have a problem with someone putting their 2 cents in, then it seems like you cant handle the truth :lol:

I understand the good faith part of this, but remember your good faith can mean something else for someone else on the seed exchange ratio.

Back