• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Passow's Next Adventure (some advice needed)

Hot Canuck said:
Can you get Tennents or McEwans in your area? A few pubs here have it, but you can't buy it in any licquor stores. Two of the best beers in the world, IMHO...My wife's Scottish, and I'm 5th generation removed from being the same...

We get tennets, but not the other. Ironically tennets and smithwicks are on tap at a local pub.... The Irish Rover lol. A very cool spot.:cheers:

imaguitargod said:
I'll be visiting both! And strapping myself to a bunch of bars until they kick me out of the country or make me one of their own!

There's nothing like having a pint in a pub that is hundreds of years old. I seem to recall different areas of Scotland or England having their own ales.

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/

I'm sure there are tons of sites with recommendations, but here is one. I recall a Wadsworth beer I had in London ( I think it was Wadsworth XXXX ) that was just outstanding.

cheezydemon said:
We get tennets, but not the other. Ironically tennets and smithwicks are on tap at a local pub.... The Irish Rover lol. A very cool spot.:cheers:

You dog. In the town I live in now ( it is 1/2 hour north of Toronto ) there are 6 or 7 'pubs', but the only one that served Tennents took it off their list a few weeks ago...

Tartan is another favourite - similar to Smithwicks.

bentalphanerd said:
Hey just take a country. Europe hasn't had a half decent despot for years. It's fate you should turn up now.
King Passow...that does have a nice ring to it....

Philipperv said:
Let me feel my crystal ball...hmmmmm....let's see....When IGG finishes his European tour he will decide to conquer Asia as well. During which he will decide to hit the Philippines where he will OD on Chili Scott's Nuclear Naga Sauce and fall into a Naga-induced coma that will take lots of loving from Asian women to recover from. :hell:
Sounds like a plan!

cheezydemon said:
No he will be back, but he will drop growing peppers and tomatos and grow certain herbs instead.

Hehehehe, been doing that for the past 4 years mate ;)

Hot Canuck said:
You dog. In the town I live in now ( it is 1/2 hour north of Toronto ) there are 6 or 7 'pubs', but the only one that served Tennents took it off their list a few weeks ago...

Tartan is another favourite - similar to Smithwicks.

Yeah, the Rover is actually only 25 years old or so, but it is done right. Michael, tho owner is just off the boat from Ireland.(well maybe 25 years off the boat)
The entrance is this little door that takes you into this small pub. Oak bar on one side of a shotgun little building, Oak booths on the other. Past that is a real dining room, but still all oak. Fish and chips are the staple, but cheese and chive fritters are fantastic too, not to mention bangers and mash!
Lost of Whiskey on hand too.

imaguitargod said:
King Passow...that does have a nice ring to it....

Sounds like a plan!

Hehehehe, been doing that for the past 4 years mate ;)

I should have guessed! I used to. Man it was fun!
My favorite plant was a mutant. about 3 feet tall, NO BRANCHES....
It was about 6 inches thick all the way up when mature and funky as hell.

cheezydemon said:
Yeah Fish and chips are the staple, but cheese and chive fritters are fantastic too, not to mention bangers and mash!
Lost of Whiskey on hand too.

That cuts it...I'm on my way...:beer:

cheezydemon said:
I should have guessed! I used to. Man it was fun!
My favorite plant was a mutant. about 3 feet tall, NO BRANCHES....
It was about 6 inches thick all the way up when mature and funky as hell.

My favorite was two years ago, 7 feel tall 5 feet wide. I was still smoking that crop a year later.... :cool:

I miss it! But 3 kids later it aint worth it. So now I grow peppers and brew beer(which is actually growing yeast in a way).

Before the advent of hops, brewers in early England brewed with psychoactive ingredients in a brew called a gruit. Somewhat interesting. One of the earliest arguments against hops was that they did nothing to your head!

Philipperv said:
When IGG finishes his European tour he will decide to conquer Asia as well. During which he will decide to hit the Philippines where he will take lots of loving from Asian women :hell:

IGG - dont worry price is right, $10 all you need :lol:

Back