• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review Passow's Review of Blair's Jersey Death

HotSauceGoonie said:
Sure its going to make you sweat but how is the flavor to this sauce? Is it like Megadeath where all you taste is extracts?

Cheers,
No, it's not completely that extracty tasting. I really could taste the pumpkin and tomato in it.

Ya, it definitely tastes better than Mega-Death. I couldn't taste the pumpkin, though. I did taste the tomatos, however.

I have to try it today...

Sickmont said:
Ya, it definitely tastes better than Mega-Death. I couldn't taste the pumpkin, though. I did taste the tomatos, however.

I think today before I stop off my Grandmothers I will stop off at this ethnic market that sells Blair's Products and hope that they have it.

Megadeath to me tastes just like the Ultimate Insanity or the Mad Dog 357 w/ the bullet. Only thing I have tasted that is worse is Slap my ass and call me sally. Even if I mix these on a ratio of 50/50 with a hot wing sauce it still makes the flavor undesirable.

I am hoping Jersey has a better taste than all of these. To tell you the truth I doubt it though :-)

Cheers

LOL!

imaguitargod said:
So, I took my bottle of JD to BJ's Brewary(where I spend most of my time...) and was having the bartenders and cooks try it out. It provided MUCH entertainment watching them throughout the night sweeting and drinking mass quantities of water.

Then I had another regular, Gus, try it. Gus is from Mexico(not to be confused with California :lol: ) and I figured he could take the heat. We got a plate and I put three large dots of JD on it. We both tried one dot each. He sat there for about 20 seconds and said, "That's good.". A minutes latter he still is fine. I tell him to try the third dot. He does, with no sweet on his brow or anything. My mouth just dropped. This guy's heat tolerance must be through the roof! So I sold the bottle to him for $15(made about a $3 profit).

I met up with him the other day and he regaled me with a story. One of his friends stopped over his place when he wasn't home and made some Romman Nooddles. Thinking that the Jersey Death was something like Tapatio hot sauce, he poured it all over his noodles. Gus received a phone cal from the guy swearing up and down how his mouth was on fire and calling Gus a jerk for having something that hot in his house. lol!!!

That is good times right there! Wow... I just got Jersey Death Today.. Going out to get some steamed chow fun tonight and add it to that... I am going to mix it with Batch 114 taste the pain to kick it up..

Cheers,

Jersey is Good

Wow,

A decent amount of batch 114 taste the pain with 6 drops of jersey death and it was hot without a flavor change... wasn't dripping sweat or nose running but close enough I guess.

If I really put half a spoon of this in I would be for sure.. Smells better than Megadeath also. For $10 a bottle,
rated 1,100,000 SU this is well worth as an additive.

Thank You Blair!!

Cheers,

HotSauceGoonie said:
Wow,

A decent amount of batch 114 taste the pain with 6 drops of jersey death and it was hot without a flavor change... wasn't dripping sweat or nose running but close enough I guess.

If I really put half a spoon of this in I would be for sure.. Smells better than Megadeath also. For $10 a bottle,
rated 1,100,000 SU this is well worth as an additive.

Thank You Blair!!

Cheers,

$10 bucks a bottle? You can get it at FAirway in Plainview for $6 - plus I think Le Gourmet Chef has it in Riverhead (Tangers) for like $6 bucks.

Dude We're Local

huvason said:
$10 bucks a bottle? You can get it at FAirway in Plainview for $6 - plus I think Le Gourmet Chef has it in Riverhead (Tangers) for like $6 bucks.

Hey Man,

Wow... A fellow Chilihead out on Long Island!! I was at Fairway today and they don't carry Jersey Death. All the other ones they do carry..

I went to Pepperheads then in Pt.Jeff on my way back and got it and got ripped off, lol.

Not going there anymore. Prices are too high.. Will order from good buddy Nick at sweatnspice from now on.

Cheers,

PS What town you from?

HotSauceGoonie said:
Hey Man,

Wow... A fellow Chilihead out on Long Island!! I was at Fairway today and they don't carry Jersey Death. All the other ones they do carry..

I went to Pepperheads then in Pt.Jeff on my way back and got it and got ripped off, lol.

Not going there anymore. Prices are too high.. Will order from good buddy Nick at sweatnspice from now on.

Cheers,

PS What town you from?

Fairway must have been out - as they do carry it. THat's where I get mine. Pepperheads is a bit expensive. There is another that just opened on LI. Let me look up the name and where it is. I'll Pm you.

Straight

Sickmont said:
Additive? I use it straight, usually.

I don't like the taste enough to do it straight. I did a small drop on a piece of chinese pork and to tell you the truth the fire didn't kick in at all. I am not sure if it is really 1,100,000 SU. I didn't notice a difference in heat as compared to Megadeath. Maybe I should have had more though, the drop was kind of small.

Cheers,

Back