• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Patio Peppers Growing in Edison, NJ

I need some assistance.

What can i use to plug this hole left by the pathway for the power cord? I could silicone the thing closed, but i'd like it to be removable. Any ideas? A neoprene or foam ring perhaps? Tape?:?:

IMG_0713.jpg

Go here people!

Nischwitz & Company ( Inc )
223 Front Street
S. Plainfield NJ 07080
Ph.: (908)756-0947

They have TONS of Pro-Mix at about $28 per bale. The people there are REAL nice too. They actually have quite alot of other gardening stuff. I'll be going back for stuff in the future. Why? The #1 beer store in the country is right down the road as a HUGE bonus.

I potted upa few chiles tonight. Nothing special or superhot. Just some Indian round chiles.

I also got just under 2 dozen new chile seeds tonight from a fish/aquarium forum i'm on. The dude was super nice and set me up HUGE. 7pod and more varieties than i could ever have imagined.

edit: Here's the list
CHP 363 (c. pub.)
chupetinho
habanero choc. congo
nepali orange
tondo calabrese
fish pepper
bessler's cherry
scozzese (anuum)
venezuela purple
aji norteno
lemon drop
bird, wild
7 pod
cambodian
black manaquelona
billy goat, peach

I'm sending this guy some more stuff. i grossly underestimated the kindness. time for me to dip into my secret stash.

You get your power cord hole figured out? Looking forward to watching your hydro setup work. Best of luck with it.

patrick said:
You get your power cord hole figured out? Looking forward to watching your hydro setup work. Best of luck with it.
Funny you mention that!

Everything i'm preparing.
IMG_0727.jpg

bottom left: black pearl, bottom right: red vein, 2 pod are romaine lettuce, the other is some random pepper.
IMG_0728.jpg

left: aluminum plant, right: borage
IMG_0730.jpg

Love your setup, looks like Dexters pepper Laboratory :)

fineexampl said:
Funny you mention that!

Everything i'm preparing.
IMG_0727.jpg

bottom left: black pearl, bottom right: red vein, 2 pod are romaine lettuce, the other is some random pepper.
IMG_0728.jpg

left: aluminum plant, right: borage
IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

hard to see...clay pots: marjoram, dill, cilantro; peat pots: cayenne; pods: lemon basil, purple ruffle basil, nasturtium, 2 heirloom variety tomatoes.
IMG_0737.jpg

Wow man your patchouli seedlings look great. Mine died after staying that small for weeks. I got some left, I think I should try again.
I'm envious of the variety of herbs you got started.

Today i did this. This is in (my betrothed) Steph's parents back yard. They are letting me grow. Yay!
n616883093_1591004_3180912.jpg

So far...
On the first row on the left are 3 beefsteak tomatoes.
Next are two SMACKDOWN fatalii peppers and one unknown pepper.
3rd row is a sweet pepper
4th row is back pearl pepper... Read More
5th is 6 little borage plantlets to use in salad and attract bees for pollenating

Just transplanted my 3 dollar store cayenne peppers to starter pots and out of the peat pots they were in in the hothouse. Only one seems weak, so it could be good. Moved 2 red habs out of the cloner (had 3 plants in one pot and cut them out to this) and into some ProMix. Moved a sweet pepper and my rocoto to the patio to harden off with all these guys. I dosed the 5gal pots with some epsom salts to help with some green.

I've got about 6 potted chiles to go to the big garden and decide from there which i'll grow here on the patio. I'm bummed only one of my scotch bonnets made it to now, but i have 3 scozzese seedlings about to grow true leaves. So that will help. Fish peppers and 7 Pot are the same age and all are doing well. Only 2 of 3 7Pot seeds sprouted, but that's fine. I have MORE than enough peppers this year.

Had a mishap with the hot house and it got a tad dry. Mostly just herbs in there, so it's not a total loss, but it's time they moved outside anyway.

I have to take better pics of my satellite pepper/tomato farm. It's nearly done and ready. the plants don't look half bad.

This is what's at home. And yes, i live in a lower level 1br apartment. Anything is possible if you put in the effort.

back row: red habanero, 2nd: cayenne from dollar store, 3rd: fish pepper, 4th: fish pepper and scozzese, 4th: 7pod and in the center is an Indian round chile, 5th: black pearl, aluminum plant (aquatic my ass), 6th: black russian tom. and heirloom tom., 7th: black peark and red rocoto (it's doing very well), Last: patchouli
IMG_0766.jpg

top to bottom: yellow scotch bonnet, fatalii, black pearl (overwintered), right: my foot
IMG_0768.jpg

my other two scozzese plants (they need more time), 3 nasturtium plants, my vietnamese mountain pepper in the back (it survived the near death of dampening off), and in the plugs are some various herb seeds (most are legal)
IMG_0774.jpg

caroltlw said:
Great variety you got going there in the limited space.

Is that "scozzese" plant named after Martin Scozzese? ;)
Scorsese? lol Nah, it's Italian for Scottish. It's a kind of scotch bonnet. :onfire:

and thanks!

starting to come in finally...

no clue what this is, but it might be tian jin. i lost the label transplanting it.
0627091134.jpg

NO clue what this is.
0627091134a.jpg

The whole garden. A little overcrowding, but it should work out alright.
0627091231.jpg

This one i had labeled bhut jolokia. If it is, it's and cross.
0627091231a.jpg

Back