• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Patrick's 2013 Grow Log

First off I would like to thank Millman for the inspiration to get off my duff and get the 2013 season started.

This list is probably not complete and I haven't figured out how many of each I'm going to grow. Or I should say attempt to grow. Me and Ma Nature ain't been seeing eye to eye lately. I'll be sacrificing some chickens or toads or what ever it takes to get her off my back soon. Burn some incense and do some chants? Convert to druidism? I'm open to suggestions. Anyway off to the list!

7 Pot Barrackpore
7 Pot BS, Orange
7 Pot BS, Red
7 Pot BS, Yellow
7 Pot Bubblegum
7 Pot Primo
7 Pot Rennie
7 Pot White
Antillies Fire
Bengle Naga
Bhut Jokokia, Chocolate
Bhut Jolokia, Caramel
Bonda Ma Jacque
Carolina Reaper
C. Rhomboideum
Douglah x T.S. Butch T F3
Habanero, Purple w/stinger
Infinity
JPL#1 (Classified)
Nagabon
Orange Blob F2
SB7J, F1 + F2
Trini Scorp Butch T, Judy/Hippy
Trini Scorp Morouga Blend, Hippy
Trini Scorp, Morouga

To the wonderful peeps who have sent me seeds please forgive me if they aren't listed. Once I figure out where I put them I'll add 'em to the list.

Best of luck to all of you on your 2013 grow.

Hi Patrick , cant wait to follow your grow this coming season , as for the spider , mate i can pick up snakes here in OZ but spiders put the hebejebies up me ..

Spiders are not my thing but......cool pictures.

We have a native tarantula down here, scares the crap out of me everytime I happen on one.

Thanks Patrick, sent you a pm....

Wow.................quite a seed collection, hmmm, and I thought solo cups were only good for beer, that blows my theory.

Have a great New Years and plenty of success with the garden.

Greg

Do you sell tarantula's? My cousin use to find tarantula's in carbon canyon, which is in chino, ca.
I never could find one myself, but I tried. I like the little dwarf one.

Nice to see you back in action P money. This place has been missing somethimg whiile you where out galavanting with your new toy ;)

:dance: Happy New Year !!! :dance:

Thanks all.

Rodney I believe Texas has several native tarantula species. They look quite similar so hard to tell apart.

Greg I thought the way you did regarding solo cups for the longest time. Still finding myself wanting to pick one up and take a chug.

roper yes I do. If you're interested shoot me a PM. Happy to answer any questions.

Thanks Jamie. That's very kind of you to say that. I hope to be around a lot more this season. Be a couple of months at least before the new toy starts competing for my time. :P

Glad to see you around. I really enjoyed your contributions before i stopped lurking and joined the site. Look foward to keeping up with your grow. Happy new year!

Good luck for 2013 :)

Its good to see I'm not the only one with a massive stack of seeds... about ten times as much as you can grow in a season!

..yes you should become a druid, the hooded cloaks look really cool.

Nice list Patrick! It's good to see you are now growing "classified" varieties too. Deep from the innerds of Area 51 in Roswell..never have been disclosed to the General Public. One man tasted it, but unfortunately the heat was too insane and he combusted. Best of luck trying to outlast the 9 min, 39 sec he lasted. :)

Chris

Thanks for all of the well wishes everyone.

Chris I was already nervous about this secret grow but now you got me sweating. Nobody said I had to eat one of the dang things. Fudge. :shocked:

Picked up a 100 three ounce Dixie cups and I'm cleaning up the rest of the gear. Starting to get excited.

Hey, Patrick! Good to see you up and runnin', buddy.
I laughed when I saw your seed pictures; hits too close to home!
Hope you have a great grow season; love the tarantula pics, too.

Thanks for all of the well wishes everyone.

Chris I was already nervous about this secret grow but now you got me sweating. Nobody said I had to eat one of the dang things. Fudge. :shocked:

Picked up a 100 three ounce Dixie cups and I'm cleaning up the rest of the gear. Starting to get excited.

When are you planning on getting started? It sounds like you are pretty close to getting the show on the road already.

Hey PaulG, yeah it seems there are a lot of us with more seeds than we'll ever get around to. I need to get on one of those seed trains again and dump a bunch of stuff in for the rest of the folks.

Stefan I was putting coco coir in cups all last night. Got them in the grow room warming up, seeds in a day or two.

Hi Sanarda, good to see you. Sorry about the spider pics. I know they bother a lot of pics but I owed a friend a few pics. You can skip page one from here on out.

Thanks all for stopping by. Always have more fun posting to the glog when people are checking it out. I'll do my best to keep an eye on everyone's glogs.

Decided to trim down a couple of plants that I overwintered. Didn't really pay much attention to them. Little water here and there and an hour or two of light every few days. Didn't want them getting out of hand, got five months before I can get them outside and I'm not set up for an indoor grow.

Here's where I started,

DSC026932300x1725_zpsccf2109f.jpg

There are two 7 Pots, BS and Bubblegum and one T.S. Morouga Blend. The T.S. is the real tall one on the left. I trimmed all of the branches that appear over the light and hit them with some rooting hormone then into a pitcher of water.

DSC026942300x1725_zps7cf88e7e.jpg

Now it's just wait and see if roots develop. I'll change the water in it every couple of days and mist the leaves.

Until next time. :P

I know some people who are going high tech with rooting products, so it will be interesting to see if the ones you put into water do about the same. Sometimes products help a lot, other times they just take your cash without doing much.

Very nice looking overwinters, I wish mine looked half as good.

You too Rodney.

Stefan there is always a new product out there to take your money. We've all done it, heck I still do on occasion when the sales pitch is good enough! Ha! After a few years you find out what works the best for you and you tend to stay with it. Last year I went with a new seed growing mix and had the worst year ever with fungus gnats. Not saying the mix had anything to do with it but who knows. So this year I'm back to coco coir. Keep it moist and warm and it should work fine. As for the cuttings I've had some good success growing roots out of them by a dip in rooting hormone then into water. Misting the leaves and changing water has seemed to be important for any success.

Thanks for the compliment TheFanMan.

I got the first round of seeds in the dirt last night. Kind of ignored the grow list and just went through the bag planting what I wanted. Here's the list so far:

7 Pot Barrackpore x 5
7 Pot BS Orange x 4
7 Pot BS Red x 4
7 Pot BS Yellow x 4
7 Pot Primo x 4
7 Pot Rennie x 4
Douglah x Trini Scorp (F3) x 4
JPL#1 x 4
SB7J (Original F1) x 5
Trini Scorp Butch T x 3
Trini Scorp Morouga Blend x 4
Trini Scorp Morouga x 5

For a total of 50 starts. They're in 3oz white Dixie cups filled with coco coir. Heat mat is set on 84F/29C but is running a little warm at the moment. I decided to go with bottom watering this year to hopefully avoid the fungus gnat issue. Melted three holes in the side along the bottom of the cups. Until the seeds actually germinate I'll mist the tops of the cups to insure the seeds don't dry out. Lights are not an issue at this time. As soon as I get my SD card back from my son I'll post a couple of pics.

So I guess we're off! :party:

Back