• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

PaulS Glog MMXV - Plant Outs :)

It's finally time to start the 2015 season :)

It's my first time doing a season glog but it's my sixth year growing chillies. I've learnt so much from reading this website and the knowledgeable people on it. The last couple of years have been pretty successful, so hopefully this year will be the best year yet.

My grow list.

I'm growing nothing that I've grown before so it should all be a nice surprise.

Super Hots
Bhut Orange Copenhagen
Jays Peach Ghost Scorpion
Red Moruga
Scorpion Butch T
Trinidad Scorpion Orange

Mild
Aji pineapple
Large Orange Thai
Peruvian Purple

Crosses
Pink Tiger
Pimenta Puma
Mojo Scoundrel (Bhut x Neyde)
Mojo Big brown
Bubblegum 7 x PdN
Bhut x Neyde - Peach-Cream
Buena Mulata
Black Panther F2

Bonchi
Cheiro Roxa
Bird's Eye Baby
Peito de Moca
CGN 22794
Pimenta Bode
CGN 21500

The seeds were soaked overnight
SANY0004.jpg

Then put into my heated propagator on 15th Jan
SANY0003.jpg

SANY0007.jpg

No hooks or any signs of life as I'm writing this on the 20th Jan!

OCD Chilehead said:
Glad to here you had a great trip. The plants look happy. Some nice pods setting. Nice BB7x.
Thanks for sharing.
Nothing going on over there. Waiting for pods to ripen. I managed to erase most of this and last seasons glog pictures. Bummer. As soon as I get some color, I'll post some updated pics.

Summer has been pretty good. Lots of recent rain. It's been in the 90s most of the Summer. No major flower drop. My Chinese are flowering like crazy now. We shall see what kind of season I end up with.

I'm still catching up, very nice Paul!

Both peppers and flowers! I called my wife over to show her the flowers ;)

OCD Chilehead said:
Nothing going on over there. Waiting for pods to ripen.

Devv said:
I'm still catching up, very nice Paul!

Both peppers and flowers! I called my wife over to show her the flowers ;)

Pulpiteer said:
Glad to hear your trip went well! And you visited the MidWest - honestly, the best region of the country - you have good taste ;)

Plants look great!

Thanks for the kind words guys :)

I haven't posted for a while and its kinda the end of the season so I might as well wrap things up.

I had a final harvest this week;
SANY0118.jpg

SANY0125.jpg

SANY0126.jpg

SANY0130.jpg

SANY0131.jpg

SANY0132.jpg

I did a little hydro experiment earlier in summer. A reminder;
SANY5757.jpg

It grew really well;
SANY0061.jpg

The bonchi plants I had didn't turn out too well. I cut them back far too much and plucked too many leaves;
SANY0163.jpg

SANY0166.jpg

Bump please :)

Paul great update and a cracking harvest ... your dedication to those bonchi has certainly paid off ... each is a really nice specimen .. wishing you all the best for next season

Trident chilli said:
Paul great update and a cracking harvest ... your dedication to those bonchi has certainly paid off ... each is a really nice specimen .. wishing you all the best for next season

Thanks dude. Good luck to you too!

Great job with the bonchi's. Beautiful variety of pods. I too haven't been posting as much. I suppose I need to wrap things up as well. LoL. Thanks for sharing

awesome harvest and the peppers look very healthy. I tried to grow a bonchie a couple seasons back but didn't do it right.

OCD Chilehead said:
Great job with the bonchi's. Beautiful variety of pods. I too haven't been posting as much. I suppose I need to wrap things up as well. LoL. Thanks for sharing
Thanks dude. I havent been on here too much. I'll wait for your round up!

Dot Com said:
awesome harvest and the peppers look very healthy. I tried to grow a bonchie a couple seasons back but didn't do it right.
Thanks :) Bonchi's are a lot of fun. If you look at Fatalii's page there is a lot of good info - http://www.fatalii.net/Bonsai_Chiles_Bonchi

Back