• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

PaulS Glog MMXV - Plant Outs :)

It's finally time to start the 2015 season :)

It's my first time doing a season glog but it's my sixth year growing chillies. I've learnt so much from reading this website and the knowledgeable people on it. The last couple of years have been pretty successful, so hopefully this year will be the best year yet.

My grow list.

I'm growing nothing that I've grown before so it should all be a nice surprise.

Super Hots
Bhut Orange Copenhagen
Jays Peach Ghost Scorpion
Red Moruga
Scorpion Butch T
Trinidad Scorpion Orange

Mild
Aji pineapple
Large Orange Thai
Peruvian Purple

Crosses
Pink Tiger
Pimenta Puma
Mojo Scoundrel (Bhut x Neyde)
Mojo Big brown
Bubblegum 7 x PdN
Bhut x Neyde - Peach-Cream
Buena Mulata
Black Panther F2

Bonchi
Cheiro Roxa
Bird's Eye Baby
Peito de Moca
CGN 22794
Pimenta Bode
CGN 21500

The seeds were soaked overnight
SANY0004.jpg

Then put into my heated propagator on 15th Jan
SANY0003.jpg

SANY0007.jpg

No hooks or any signs of life as I'm writing this on the 20th Jan!

Thanks dude. I appreciate the kind words. Especially as your plants are so good.
Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Nice grow tent you really seem to have growing peppers dialed in, everything from the seedlings to the bonchi look fantastic.  Very nice!

Thanks for the video. It's interesting how the plants respond just before the lights come on and off. They know when it's time to sleep and wake up.

cool video - it's fun to see how the plants groove through the day, when in their stage they grow most and how they finnaly grow into giant monsters :) nice

OCD Chilehead said:
Thanks for the video. It's interesting how the plants respond just before the lights come on and off. They know when it's time to sleep and wake up.

D3monic said:
That was a really cool video. Plants are looking great. 

tsurrie said:
cool video - it's fun to see how the plants groove through the day, when in their stage they grow most and how they finnaly grow into giant monsters :) nice

Thanks Dudes!
It's fun to see huh, its like they are dancing, I like at the end when the one plant steals the stage!
There is a different set of plants in my tent now...

Some well needed re-potting was done yesterday.
All the plants that were in my tent got new pots, they went into 3 litre pots just until the british summer decides to show itself!
SANY5736.jpg

SANY5738.jpg

I didn't have time to take individual pictures. Next time.

Next the plants that were under my t5 got re-potted from 1 litre to 3 litre and filled the newly empty space in my tent;
SANY5739.jpg

SANY5740.jpg

Soooooi many plants. I dont know people have 100's I have admiration for you! Good job :)

The other day we made a homemade simple hydropot. I know it needs airation in the water but it was just for fun :)
SANY5741.jpg

SANY5742.jpg

I've actually bought a few things to make somethhing better. Gonna try this afternoon :)

Thanks for reading and comments/likes, this community is awesome.

chocolatescotchbonnet said:
That vid is sweet! Nice plants too.

Nice. Thanks for sharing.  It is actually growing new roots already. It was just a mislabelled plant I was experimenting with.
juanitos said:
they'll do fine in non aerated water actually, try it  out! seeee

Paul great video as others have said the way the plants react to light is weird .. not seen something like this makes for a great record of growth .. interesting to read what Juanitos said about not needing aeration ... did you add any nutrients to the water

Once again, cool video. It reminds me of breathing. At least that's what it looks like to me. Cool to see them progress.

Very cool design for the hydroponic set up. I've never seen that way before. I may actually try that with an extra plant. It's a neat idea.

Very interesting the hydroponic experiment. I have a question, did you start normally the seed in the dirt and than you put in the water or what else?

Thankyou
Paolo

SANY5741.jpg

SANY5742.jpg

Paul, this is actually pretty damn good. Like jauanitos said no aeration needed. I have lots of plants growing in solo cups with no aeration at all. But not only that you have managed to solve the tipping over issues by weighing it down with rocks and the evaporation will be much less because it's sealed pretty good.

You adding nutes to that? Also as cool as it looks with it being clear, you may see algea form on the roots later on if you dont block the light.

Really digging that concept though!

Trident chilli said:
Paul great video as others have said the way the plants react to light is weird .. not seen something like this makes for a great record of growth .. interesting to read what Juanitos said about not needing aeration ... did you add any nutrients to the water

Thanks dude. It's interesting isn't it. Well until the tall plant at the end blocks the view! I added cal-mag as I used rain water but I'll add some food next time I change the water. I've been using the Biobizz for a couple of weeks, the plants seem to like it. How's your trial food going?

Pulpiteer said:
Once again, cool video. It reminds me of breathing. At least that's what it looks like to me. Cool to see them progress.

Very cool design for the hydroponic set up. I've never seen that way before. I may actually try that with an extra plant. It's a neat idea.

Thanks dude. I know what you mean it's like there leaves take a huge gulp and inflate!
Give it a go, it was fun, I like little experiments :)

grispa72 said:
Very interesting the hydroponic experiment. I have a question, did you start normally the seed in the dirt and than you put in the water or what else?

Thankyou
Paolo

Thanks. Yeah it was started in soil and got that tall, I washed all the roots off, gently thread them through the bottle top then filled it up with stones nothing else.

Yellowfin2na said:

Paul, this is actually pretty damn good. Like jauanitos said no aeration needed. I have lots of plants growing in solo cups with no aeration at all. But not only that you have managed to solve the tipping over issues by weighing it down with rocks and the evaporation will be much less because it's sealed pretty good.

You adding nutes to that? Also as cool as it looks with it being clear, you may see algea form on the roots later on if you dont block the light.

Really digging that concept though!

Thanks dude. I've added cal-mag and I'll add some regular food in a few days, I figured I'd change the water every week or so.
I keep it in my grow tent, the other plants block the lights from its roots, it's cool cause then I can see them grow :)

Long time with no update! I'm hoping to do all my plant outs this weekend if the weather allows!
Last week we made a little home made hydro pot;

All the components were cheap. £5 fish pump, £10 for 10 litres clay pepples, £2 for pvc tube & £5 for pots;
SANY5743.jpg

We cut some holes in the top pot;
SANY5745.jpg

Drilled! some holes in the tube and blocked the end;
SANY5747.jpg

We put the pump in the bottom pot and some round pots to support the top pot;
SANY5748.jpg

Some bigger stones to stop the clay pebbles blocking the holes;
SANY5752.jpg

Filled the top pot halfway and prepared a pink tiger plant;
SANY5754.jpg

Filled;
SANY5757.jpg

Stacked pots;
SANY5759.jpg

Turned pump on;
SANY5760.jpg

Finished product;
SANY5762.jpg

It works really nicely :) The water is on all the time, I'm not sure if that is correct? I'm sure I have a lot to learn.

Should I change the water regularly?
If I add food do I change the water after a few days or leave it?

Any feedback would be awesome.
I have a lot of glogs to catch up on :)

This is very sweet and didn't cost nearly as much as my 18 gallon setup. Probably won't have to change water, cause the plant will drink it up pretty fast. Maybe clean red every month or two. I don't know if being on 24/7 matters, mines on a timer 1\2 hr on 1/2 hr off, and so on

Good stuff there Paul. Looks real good and clean. You got the roots covered to prevent algae . Constant flow of water should provide extra oxygen. Very nice!

As chocolate said with a reservoir that small you shouldn't have to "change" the solution. The plants should just drink the solution and all you have to do is add more.

I had my system going 24/7 in the winter so he should be good. 

chocolatescotchbonnet said:
This is very sweet and didn't cost nearly as much as my 18 gallon setup. Probably won't have to change water, cause the plant will drink it up pretty fast. Maybe clean red every month or two. I don't know if being on 24/7 matters, mines on a timer 1\2 hr on 1/2 hr off, and so on
Thanks dude :) Whhats the reason for 1/2hr on 1/2hr off? Just to give the plant a rest? Did you make yours?

Yellowfin2na said:
Good stuff there Paul. Looks real good and clean. You got the roots covered to prevent algae . Constant flow of water should provide extra oxygen. Very nice!

As chocolate said with a reservoir that small you shouldn't have to "change" the solution. The plants should just drink the solution and all you have to do is add more.

I had my system going 24/7 in the winter so he should be good. 
Thanks dude :) Did you make yours?

Back