• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Penny's Glog....sort of :)

Hey everyone,

I've been posting away in other people's Glogs, and I thought it was time to show off my gardens, so its not really so much of a Glog as it is pics....if this is in the wrong spot, please feel free to move it to the appropriate spot Mods...

Well i have/had aphids....i had to go and buy some stuff to spray on the plants. We drove 45 minutes on Saturday to a hydroponics store and bought some spray, and WOW does this stuff ever work!! :)

I picked up all my other pots to start transplanting, and 60lbs of new soil. I was so pissed to find aphids, and I am pretty sure that they came from some plants that were placed upstairs with my seedlings. One of the guys that works for Brad, asked if he could store some plants up there until the spring, they are renovating their basement and need the plants out of the way, and needed the space, so he put them up on the mezzanine with my plants and low and behold i ended up with aphids...never ever had them in all the years that i have been doing this.

I sprayed them when we got back on Saturday and again on Sunday(looked much better), i didn't get up there to check them yesterday, but am heading up soon, so hopefully I've got most of them. ;)

Keep you's posted. ;)

I'm seeing Aphids here too, I'm sure it's from the outside time.

Simply hate them!

Glad you're getting them under control

Thanks everyone, they're looking pretty good, i did manage to get a bunch into new pots on the weekend. I'm going to spray them again today, just in case. I need to get some updated pics to pots, its been sooooo crazy busy here with work.

Glad to hear progress is being made there, Penny.  Darn aphids are 
a real nuisance all right.  What did you get to spray them with?

^ What PaulG said..  I pretty much drowned my plants with a full two litres of a canola oil & dish soap concoction (2 tablespoons of canola oil and maybe a teaspoon of dish soap) a couple nights ago and the buggers are -still- lingering around. :(

To say the least, I need a solution. lol

For the aphids I used, Doktor Dooms plant spray ;) , bought it at the hydroponics store where I got the gallon pots and soil. Stuff works great too, the can was about $20.00 but well worth it.  :dance:

http://www.doktordoom.com/catca/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=10

There are still a few lingering around, but not nearly as many as there were, and I spray every few days ;)

I'll get some updated pics today and post them later. :dance:

Hey, Penny.  checked out your link - looks like good stuff.  
Pyrethrin is a great choice according to Rick.

Back