Pepper I.D. help (slideshow for ease)

Can you clarify that the tab has the label of Habanero Orange on it and not Habanero Yellow?

This season I saw United Nurseries tagged Habanero Brown, Habanero Orange and Habanero Yellow plants.
Yes, it does say habanero yellow. Also I did see that, i was interested in getting the brown habanero.
Pretty much. ;)

Maybe I wasn't being as incoherent as I thought (although I did spend half an hour composing that post.... :lol:).
Not bad to write up an easy on broad mites :rofl:

Yes, it does say habanero yellow. Also I did see that, i was interested in getting the brown habanero.

I bought one of their Brown Habanero plants last season. After a bucket-load of flower drop It produced 3 red pods.

I should add that the Yellow Habanero I bought a couple of seasons ago had a tag that showed pods that were more orange than yellow. I put that down to a colour reproduction issue as the pod shapes produced by the plant were nothing like that depicted on the tag.

Nowadays I can spot a Orange Habanero amongst other C. Chinense plants as the foliage tends to be distinct.

I bought one of their Brown Habanero plants last season. After a bucket-load of flower drop It produced 3 red pods.

I should add that the Yellow Habanero I bought a couple of seasons ago had a tag that showed pods that were more orange than yellow. I put that down to a colour reproduction issue as the pod shapes produced by the plant were nothing like that depicted on the tag.

Nowadays I can spot a Orange Habanero amongst other C. Chinense plants as the foliage tends to be distinct.
Well I could post the pictures of what I believe are 4 orange habaneros. They could be red but are taking ages to ripen

Well I could post the pictures of what I believe are 4 orange habaneros. They could be red but are taking ages to ripen

I do remember some references to plants bought from shops producing Peach coloured pods. The Peach colour though may be a phase between green and orange.

A photo of the Yellow Habaneros and the Orange Habaneros side by side may help.

The shape of the light orange pods does resemble that of the Orange Habanero pods. I don't expect your orange pods to turn red from what I can see.

I see the light coloured pods are a light green when immature.

Do you have any photos of the foliage of the respective plants?

The shape of the light orange pods does resemble that of the Orange Habanero pods. I don't expect your orange pods to turn red from what I can see.

I see the light coloured pods are a light green when immature.

Do you have any photos of the foliage of the respective plants?
I will get them for you tomorrow, cause it is dark here now.

i think the 1-3 is black pearl. good looking plants
Thank-you but I have the black pearl elsewhere and 1 and 2 are definitely not deep purple like the black pearl. Number 3 and 4 however is deep purple, yet it was laball ed royal prince when i got it from the nursery. Are they the same?
42 looks just like THSC's Cheiro do norte I grew in 2011.
Interesting, 42 and 43 is the plant that was labelled as the yellow habanero that I bought from a nursery.

The Cheiro do norte basically a Peach Hab with medium heat.
32 and 33 look like a Jal received in a Trade named Reo Jalapeno. (I researched the name and found nothing) but the shape is spot on.
35 and 40, Horrifying!! Hopefully somebody knows what they are!!The tails/appearence is Great!! It appears as though their going Choc ........

The Cheiro do norte basically a Peach Hab with medium heat.
32 and 33 look like a Jal received in a Trade named Reo Jalapeno. (I researched the name and found nothing) but the shape is spot on.
35 and 40, Horrifying!! Hopefully somebody knows what they are!!The tails/appearence is Great!! It appears as though their going Choc ........
The colour doesn't really show in the phone on my camera that well.

Hmm, interesting....still I'm not willing to taste it + I don't even have those seeds. 44 could be them potentially...they are an ivory/peachy colour, and look almost exactly like 42 ans 43, hard to tell from the angle I photographed it from though.
yet again interesting. 32 and 33 are labelled as firecrackers that I bought from a nursery. Everyone who has seen them say they look like jalapenos though. One said an apache jalapeno. They are only 2 centimetres long roughly.
Totally agree with 35, not so much 40...40 are peach bhuts, really peachy coloured. 35 however are peachy/chocolate coloured. I thought they were green T.S's until they started to ripen. They look amazing though.

Back