• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pepper Joes peppers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

After recently finding out about Pepperjoes bad rep I was a little let down but figured "Hell, I mind as well give it a go". I planted some Maruga Trinidad Scorpions, Yellow Ghost peppers, Carolina Reapers and some Takanotsume peppers.

Just let the soak and planted them yesterday. Hoping they turn out ok even with the bad rep.

Any experience with these peppers?

i had a grower tell me that pepper joe doesnt care about isolation he just wants the seeds. i have no idea if grower was lying or not? i asked the grower what do you mean. and he said" jason who cares ive sent thousand of dollars of seeds to joe and never isolated one thing."  

i would think if joe cared he would get other seed suppliers? problem with a lot of vendors is they are under water and need there scams just to pay rent.

as far as experience with the peppers i can tell you that all of these supers take forever.  also once you are ready for some fert i would recomend a time release granual.

dont worry about dudes bad rep. if you have half a green thumb they will sprout and grow. 
the real kicker is you have a grower saying that ed stole the primo and renamed it reaper. but why would that grower send joe thousands of reaper seeds?

Mazzer said:
pretty late in the year for them to just be seeds.

but good luck, dude!
true that. but also we have no idea how dude grows?

20131208_144605_resized.jpg

I ordered some Jay's peach ghost scorpions from PJ, and it grew these:

10317281896_1fe3574ca7_k.jpg

I wasn't TOO disappointed because they made a fine smoked powder.... just not what I ordered. Not saying it's a common thing from him. Everything else I ordered from him grew true. Just saying crosses may be a possibility

Buzz said:

I wasn't TOO disappointed because they made a fine smoked powder.... just not what I ordered. Not saying it's a common thing from him. Everything else I ordered from him grew true. Just saying crosses may be a possibility
:rofl: 

Buzz said:

I have to make a correction here...... Don't want to be making false statements.... I was thinking about it, and I did NOT, in fact, get the PGS seeds from PJ.... I got them from Jim Duffy. My mistake. But my assessment of them still stands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back