Pepper Joes peppers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have grown peppers from Joe, I never will again for two reasons. His mafia video is pathetic and his attitutude towards other far superior growers hurts the whole community.

Will you get some peppers, well of course

Swartmamba said:
I have grown peppers from Joe, I never will again for two reasons. His mafia video is pathetic and his attitutude towards other far superior growers hurts the whole community.

Will you get some peppers, well of course
I have never seen the mafia video??

Does anyone have any experience with Baker's Peppers? They advertise on this site; I just bought a variety pack of fresh super hots. I'm still waiting for shipment but I'm super excited for some heat and to harvest some seeds from the pods. Hopefully the pods are labelled so I know what is what. 

ColdSmoke said:
Does anyone have any experience with Baker's Peppers? They advertise on this site; I just bought a variety pack of fresh super hots. I'm still waiting for shipment but I'm super excited for some heat and to harvest some seeds from the pods. Hopefully the pods are labelled so I know what is what. 

Have a good long read in the vendor vault..............and good luck.

AaronRiot said:

Have a good long read in the vendor vault..............and good luck.
Are you talking about the "he said - she said" battle? I have to think if there is a vendor on this site ripping multiple people off they would be removed. Are you saying I should be concerned about receiving shipment? If that's the case I would blame this site as much as I would Baker's...

ColdSmoke said:
Are you talking about the "he said - she said" battle? I have to think if there is a vendor on this site ripping multiple people off they would be removed. Are you saying I should be concerned about receiving shipment? If that's the case I would blame this site as much as I would Baker's...

There are PLENTY of other threads with regards to this vendor. Frankly, I'm sure THP has his reasons for and for not banning members of this forum. Blaming the public forum for a vendor's issues is ridiculous.

Perhaps it's a blessing some of the shady vendors are allowed on here simply to keep the issues in the public eye so new folks to the community can learn from others grievances who and who not to purchase from.

you think blaming a forum for allowing criminal activities at its members' expense is ridiculous? Hmmmm, might rethink that. I really shouldn't have to vet vendor if they are advertising in a place like this. I guess I know now. 

I ordered seeds from pepper j and fresh super hot variety pack from bakers. 12 of the 13 seeds turned out to be what I ordered and he is sending a replacement for that 1. The peppers showed up in way better condition than I expected. I didn't expect much because I'm stationed in Spain. I only had to toss one pod out of the 30.

ColdSmoke said:
you think blaming a forum for allowing criminal activities at its members' expense is ridiculous? Hmmmm, might rethink that. I really shouldn't have to vet vendor if they are advertising in a place like this. I guess I know now. 
It really seems to be more careless than criminal. Dale has proven that he can grow some beautiful peppers, but he's also shown little regard for quality control. He's kind of like a sleazy used car salesman. Criminal? No, but he'll sell a lemon to his own grandmother for a quick buck.

ColdSmoke said:

:doh:   :banghead:    ..............anyway, this is a pepperjoe thread.

AaronRiot said:

:doh:   :banghead:    ..............anyway, this is a pepperjoe thread.

I bet you love to give people back-handed compliments...Moving on, pepper joes rules!

ColdSmoke said:
I bet you love to give people back-handed compliments...Moving on, pepper joes rules!
You are mislead and Ill-informed. Learn something about be community before making yourself look like the class clown

says the guy who resorts to name calling. The entire point was, in my opinion, it is not very responsible of a website to allow the community to be ripped off by another member of the community. Not a radical concept. You say I should research the vendor and I will, lesson learned. Does not make it ok for the forum to allow it ...if that's whats indeed happening. Cheer up...life is too short to flame strangers on the internet.

So far the only two plant types that have pods grown from seed provided by Pepper Joe have been jalapenos for me.  The first type was supposed to be jalapeno (yay), while the second type was supposed to be Charleston cayenne (boo).  The other plants haven't had any pods show up yet, but I've got my fingers crossed they'll come in true to what I purchased.

I used PJ last year for Reaper seeds and he threw a pack of Takanotsume seeds in and both grew fantastic. So I have no gripes but you guys are scaring me away from ever trying his seeds again.

ColdSmoke said:
If that's the case I would blame this site as much as I would Baker's...

You can blame whoever you want but the fact is, THP is not in the sales business. Baker's Peppers and other vendors are. THP collects no money, doesn't advertise for direct sales and doesn't provide a product or service, except for paid Extreme memberships.

According to your modus operandi, Craig's list should be shut down because someone got raped from their site and Google should be closed because someone has a hateful blog.

But go ahead... blame THP. See where that gets you.

Valleyman said:
I used PJ last year for Reaper seeds and he threw a pack of Takanotsume seeds in and both grew fantastic. So I have no gripes but you guys are scaring me away from ever trying his seeds again.

I've used him for the last few years for jalapenos and a variety of habaneros.  He's thrown in various free packs of seeds as well.  Never had a problem with anything he's provided for what it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back