• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Pepper People are the Best

Well it seems I have been remiss, you see I have received a wonderful package from G.I.P which had a raspberry jam, papaya butter and two packets of ground peppers. I used the jam and smoked Serrano powder on some pork chops and man o man were they great!

I also received a package from Pex peppers with some moruga scorpion jelly. It was great and I had to go to his site and buy a few more ;)

This is a wonderful community and I'm glad to be a part of it :woohoo:

PPATB

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
Received a care package from SmokenFire yesterday :woohoo:

filled with his Awesome Sauces, and some great beef jerky :dance:

and i promptly devoured that Rocket Sauce :)

thank you so much SmokenFire, you Rock brother 

PPATB

:cheers:
G.I.P.

He does make some damn fine products. Love his jerky. His new Old Bones test batch sauce is pretty freaking fantastic. Finished it off in less than a week. Will definitely be ordering more of it in the future.

Got an awesome pack of pepper powders from GiP today!  Used them right away, really wonderful powders.   :D

2ymwxkz.jpg

PPATB!   :woohoo:

BIG thanks to sirex (and Wicked Mike)! Won a fun contest for a trifecta of powders, and that’s all I was eagerly waiting for – they looked and sounded so good and tasty! Upon reception however, not only powders but some other goodies greeted me! Some fresh Florida peppers (2 small phenotype Giant White Habaneros & an early Yellow CARDI Scorpion), seeds (Lemon Drop x Bhut sounds incredible), and to put the (black) cherry on top – a Warhead! 
It’s been 20+ years… elementary school days… since I’ve had one of those!  Too cool! Pepper people rock!  :cheers:
20160427_134622_zpswhjodg6b.jpg

My older son brought in an SFRB of "something perishable" today from the mail box.

What a surprise for an Ohio boy with a long time yet to wait for fresh peppers.

Wicked Mike strikes again!  Thanks buddy.

At today's farmers market I had a surprise visit from our very own Hogleg, who was awesome enough to bring me some fresh rocoto / manzano peppers. 

So at the end of the market I traded for some lemon-pepper fettuccine, an aged goat cheese (similar to Parmesan) basil & garlic. I had olive oil & pine nuts and chicken thighs I'd roasted earlier in the week. So I made a quickie pesto, and cooked the fresh pasta, tossed it all with some chopped up chicken and sprinkled in a finely sliced rocoto - one of the hotter rocotos I've had! Really really tasty - made my night.

13151482_10154066486255340_5262594452849997536_n.jpg

Pepper people are the best. :cheers:

Back