• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Pepper X seeds

Walchit said:
Hey Donnie, I think rob didn't know what "Sepecholatiion" meant lol

Rob, you growing the "Carolina Easier" this year lol.

I have primo seeds that came from troy and reaper seeds that Edmick got out of a pod from ed.

I will do a side by side.
Definitely intrigued to see side by side comparison.

I was watching couple vids of Ed and in the older one he said Naga and habanero were the cross and on a newer one he said he wasnt telling the cross parents.

I believe the key to hotter peppers lies in those crosses, time to reverse engineer muhahahahaha

Everyone says chocolate bhutlah is hotter anyway and based on the threads I see here, people tend to shift focus to lower heat levels after a while.

Ruid said:
Everyone says chocolate bhutlah is hotter anyway and based on the threads I see here, people tend to shift focus to lower heat levels after a while.

I keep hearing that, I wonder if they are a more consistent strain than the reaper especially when the bhutlah seems to be estimated around the 2 mil mark and reapers sitting at 1.65mil typically.

Looks like chocolate Bhutlah is getting added to the list of grows

Bicycle808 said:
Ugh. I love AJDrew, but that "article" was some of the grossest shit I've ever tried to read.

Get yourself some real peppers, from a real grower. Amateur shit like this, really, should come free or thru trade from some dude who is like "let me know if they grow true, and lmk what you think, Dude.. thanks... "
So I just read the first two paragraphs last night, and I was overcome by dismay. I wait. Today, I found the courage to read it all.

I'm sorry. I'd gotten the wrong impression. AJDrew was on-point for that one...

Bicycle808 said:
So I just read the first two paragraphs last night, and I was overcome by dismay. I wait. Today, I found the courage to read it all.

I'm sorry. I'd gotten the wrong impression. AJDrew was on-point for that one...
I thought it had seemed on point but figured maybe you knew something I didnt lol.
Real men say sorry and cry...but only in the shower

Ghost Pepper Revolution said:
I was watching couple vids of Ed and in the older one he said Naga and habanero were the cross and on a newer one he said he wasnt telling the cross parents.

I believe the key to hotter peppers lies in those crosses, time to reverse engineer muhahahahaha
Ed never made the cross; he got early gen 7Primo seeds and grew the Reaper from that. The Cross was 7SR and Naga. Primos are danged hot.

You can reverse engineer that. Cross an SR with a Naga, throw in some theft, ineptitude, instability, and bootlegs, and you got the Reaper lol

Bicycle808 said:
Ed never made the cross; he got early gen 7Primo seeds and grew the Reaper from that. The Cross was 7SR and Naga. Primos are danged hot.

You can reverse engineer that. Cross an SR with a Naga, throw in some theft, ineptitude, instability, and bootlegs, and you got the Reaper lol
Lol wouldnt be surprised if it happened that.

Im thinking that using the larger peppers is the key to beating him, think of it this way: the larger the pepper the more capsaicin it can hold when the Scoville test is performed.

Notice that the pepper x is larger than the reapers, I could cross a melon and a reaper...those would be the hottest melons you put your mouth on
if I had time Id do a buttload of crosses but I love the wife and kids

Bring the reaper down to 400-500k scoville-wise and call it the Carolina Weaker. That would rake in some serious cash. Maybe even keep going and get that flavor at jalapeno heat as well so it's enjoyable for people who aren't chiliheads as well.

I hear what you're saying, but isn't the SHU test performed by weight? Bigger pods won't have the advantage...

I think the key is to cheat. Inject your pods to be treated with cap extract...=D

Seriously, I think the "World's Hottest" title is a distinction you pay for, rather than earn. Ain't nobody alive really earned any of that, as Superhot chinense have existed for centuries. The folks who cultivated them did all the heavy lifting; a bunch of white guys making crosses that push these cultivars ever so slightly hotter are battling it out for honors that were earned generations ago in the Caribbean.

I love me some Supers, but they kick my ass. Anything over a million is enough to toast me permanently.

Ruid said:
I feel like peach ghost is weaker than 1M.
Seems like there are a few different Peach Ghosts and crosses involving Peach Ghosts. Some are hotter than others, but most of them feel (to me) like they are right around a million.

I can't decide how I feel about them, really. I love how the JPGS berries. Cool plants, very productive, pods look rad... But sometimes, depending on the context, in not wild about the flavor. Other times, I love it. Definitely good as powder; even better as smoked powder. . . but coping a fresh pod up pretty fine and adding it to my cheesesteak or omelet? That's been hit or miss, for me... Not sure if it's variation in the pods, or in my mood.

Bicycle808 said:
I hear what you're saying, but isn't the SHU test performed by weight? Bigger pods won't have the advantage...

I think the key is to cheat. Inject your pods to be treated with cap extract...=D

Seriously, I think the "World's Hottest" title is a distinction you pay for, rather than earn. Ain't nobody alive really earned any of that, as Superhot chinense have existed for centuries. The folks who cultivated them did all the heavy lifting; a bunch of white guys making crosses that push these cultivars ever so slightly hotter are battling it out for honors that were earned generations ago in the Caribbean.

I love me some Supers, but they kick my ass. Anything over a million is enough to toast me permanently.

SHU is determined by capsaicin content so theoretically a bigger pepper with a higher capsaicin content could win.

I know what you mean, depends on how pepper is used in the food. Like ghost chili is good and such. Nothing is ever really new under the sun, centuries of tv-lessness people would get creative with their time lol

Ghost Pepper Revolution said:
SHU is determined by capsaicin content so theoretically a bigger pepper with a higher capsaicin content could win.

I know what you mean, depends on how pepper is used in the food. Like ghost chili is good and such. Nothing is ever really new under the sun, centuries of tv-lessness people would get creative with their time lol

actually, SHU is determined organoleptically in a (semi-)quantitative fashion, and it's related to capsaicin concentration, not content. it's a dilution test.

but more commonly now, the concentration is measured by HPLC, and that figure is used to estimate SHU with a conversion factor.

bigger or smaller pods shouldn't matter.

sinensis said:

actually, SHU is determined organoleptically in a (semi-)quantitative fashion, and it's related to capsaicin concentration, not content. it's a dilution test.

but more commonly now, the concentration is measured by HPLC, and that figure is used to estimate SHU with a conversion factor.

bigger or smaller pods shouldn't matter.
I meant concentration oops, I might as well give it a shot in my free time and see what is birthed next year

Back