vendor pepperlover.com

I ordered my seeds through Judy after doing quite a bit of searching around. Her selection is excellent, the order shipped quickly and without errors, the prices are reasonable, and included in my order were 3 free gifts of seeds, including the rare Trinidad Scorpion Mourouga. Overall, I was more than happy with my experience and plan on doing future business with pepperlover.com. In fact, the only quibble I have, and it's a minor one, is that there were some grammatical and spelling errors on the website, which is less than stellar, but I'm not buying the website so I really don't care personally, just thought I'd mention it playing devil's advocate.

Thanks Judy!!

I don't like being the one to post a negative comment in this thread. All of the positive reviews here are based on promptness (I posted one also) but it takes a long time to see what you are growing is actually true. I want to stop any of the ignorant and senseless bashing of her or myself before it starts. I have seen some of these things get way out of control. This post is my experience alone,and I am not speaking for anyone else. I don't want refunded,or sympathy from anyone. I did receive seeds promptly with numerous other freebees. If the freebees grow true is not a concern of mine. My main issue is the seeds that I purchased did not grow true. Early season pods vary in shape but not color.

Yellow brain
070512203710.jpg

Yellow morovar.... Trinidad morovas on her site
070512203737.jpg

Red brain
ResizedImage951341668538962.jpg

White 7 pot
062812203609.jpg

Brown 7 pot

062812203635.jpg

I don't like being the one to post a negative comment in this thread. All of the positive reviews here are based on promptness (I posted one also) but it takes a long time to see what you are growing is actually true. I want to stop any of the ignorant and senseless bashing of her or myself before it starts. I have seen some of these things get way out of control. This post is my experience alone,and I am not speaking for anyone else. I don't want refunded,or sympathy from anyone. I did receive seeds promptly with numerous other freebees. If the freebees grow true is not a concern of mine. My main issue is the seeds that I purchased did not grow true. Early season pods vary in shape but not color.

Man, that's some rotten luck... here I was thinking I was the king of crosses this year.

In fairness, one of my five Yellow Brain Strain plants isn't true. I think it's a non-issue because I actually like the taste of the cross better, but it's best to be open and honest about these things. Here's the anomalous pod amongst the rest:

IMGP4706.jpg

All of my other seed from her turned out fine.

Hi I was not to post, comment, or even get involved…. Why simply because I am not to doubt, question, or investigate what my customers may say….
To me it is great enough that one person considered doing business with us… I am here to share the love of peppers rather than proving my point
Now as soon as I seen this negative post from ( Pr0digal_son ) I was like how can I help fix this….
First I am not to deny, fight, and find excuses because I have more respect to the people and their reviews ………that’s what he said…….. that’s his experience…….. that’s his review……… and he must speak up his mind no matter what,……
Here is what I did
I sent him two emails on his personal email and one email here thanking him for the feedback and apologized I send him a full refund for ALL the peppers he ever bought from us…
I didn’t receive any replies form him so far … I assume he is busy or something….
My claim is my plants are isolated by the whole plant covered with fine fine mesh… NOT every single pod, seed, flower is separately isolated which means variations may happen… but uncommon for brain strain to look like tabasco…
Again I will never fight back on any “bad” review why…. Because I want to know what goes wrong in what we doing so I know how to fix it….
To avoid such outcomes I think I need to write on the first page that we DON’T guarantee every single seeds will give you the same exact shape, color you see on the pic…

Again I thank those who provide positive feedback and hope to please those who provide bad feedbacks

Sorry for the wait. I will start off by verifying what Judy stated above. I was refunded (even though I specifically stated I didn't want that) by her. Judy is a knowledgable and respected member/vendor/grower here. She is by no means pulling the wool over anyones eyes.I do not think a lot of the seed issues out there are crosses. IMO, seeds get mixed up. My work is monitored ,inspected,and retained by the government for 10 years. I am very picky (anal) about the things I do because of this. I do make mistakes though. I think that it is easier to mix up seeds when dealing with thousands upon thousands compared to the 30-40 I was dealing with. Thank you Judy for doing what you did. My review was for protection of others. I hope you have no negative feelings towards me from this.

John

Sorry forgot to post reviews here for Judy products there are more plants that are just starting to fruit so I will post more once they are ready
7 pod Brown
DSCN0519.jpg

2 Tobango Scotch Bonnet (the three mini pods are a different variety that did not come from Judy)
DSCN0556.jpg

I just received my order from Judy at pepperlover.com

fast, nice packaging, and lots of extra seeds...

Awesome, I wish every vendor did business like Judy.
IMG_20120713_190137.jpg

Man, that's some rotten luck... here I was thinking I was the king of crosses this year.

In fairness, one of my five Yellow Brain Strain plants isn't true. I think it's a non-issue because I actually like the taste of the cross better, but it's best to be open and honest about these things. Here's the anomalous pod amongst the rest:

IMGP4706.jpg

All of my other seed from her turned out fine.

Can you sasbe me some seed of that cross? it looks great.....

I recieved my peppers yesterday!! Everything was delivered quickly and in great condition. Last night was my first taste of supers (besides habs). The morugas actually had the best flavor.

14 Morugas, 6 Yellow BS, and 6 7 Pot Jonahs
262.jpg

266.jpg

264.jpg

Thanks Judy

Yellow brain
070512203710.jpg

Yellow morovar.... Trinidad morovas on her site
070512203737.jpg

Red brain
ResizedImage951341668538962.jpg

White 7 pot
062812203609.jpg

Brown 7 pot

062812203635.jpg
I'm sorry my friend, no offence meant, but I find it hard to accept this knowing Judy's attention to detail and treatment of people as family, and not customers. It must surely have been an unintentional mistake, but fortunate for you ultimately.

My order went out with lightening fast speed, less than 24 hour turnaround on a weekend! I wont speak to the time it takes to get here because pretty much every seed order I have ever made has been hung up at Canadian customs, and I expect this to be the same.

Those are Brown 7 Pods ... Very, very hot ...

They seem to be bigger and smoother ... than my Douglahs from last year.

I sure enjoy growing all of Judy's Trinidad offerings ... My seed library is getting quite large ... Ha, ha

I must say ... The Burgundy 7 Pods are about the most attractive pepper I've ever seen ... So shiny and the color(s) are just beautiful.

My order arrived a couple of days ago, and it had a couple of wonderful freebies! It was short one of the seed varieties I had ordered, which was no big deal to me because I have months before planting for next year and I knew Judy would fix it right away. Not only did she fix this, but she also offered to go into her personal stash of seeds to toss in a variety that I mentioned I wanted in my original communication because it has the same name as my daughter (Sofia Sweet Peppers, which are listed as sold out). Man, what a gem! I could not be happier with any part of the process. I told my wife about how she said to give my daughter a hug from aunty Judy and it touched her too. Judy is truly a gift to the pepper loving community.

I just placed an order with pepperlover.com. Here are my impressions so far.

Very professional looking website. Well laid out, no distracting clutter. The products were well organized, and the variety/availability of offerings was incredible. The checkout process was very smooth and intuitive. Also, who doesnt love free shipping?

There were very few things that I didnt like. Paypal as the only payment option almost turned me off to pepperlover.com. Luckily, I already had an account =) The only other thing that made me sad was one of the varieties I wanted was out of stock =(

All in all.....great experience! I WILL order from Judy again, and I will recommend www.pepperlover.com to my friends.

Back