• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

photography Pet picture thread!

sicman said:
well you woud love it at my place. there are all kinds of things slithering and crawling around that woud bite you.

Challenge accepted! I'd love to go herping in Florida!

dash 2 said:

Am I the only one who feels like that old lady every time I vote?

:rofl:  Amen to that!

13706624323_ae32a704b6_o.jpg

Sorry for the bad pics. They rarely ever stay in one spot for long.

That's my baby male cay caulker boa constrictor. He is 100% pure. Many of them are cross-bred with other boas and are not pure blooded. Him and his sister are pretty aggressive right now because I just got them but they are slowly calming down.

That's his sister. She's a tiny bit smaller than him (also less mean).

That's my female western hognose snake. She doesn't have a name but I usually refer to her as names like: Miss Piggy because she's a hognose and she also loves to eat as much as she can and little girl because she's pretty tiny.

Lastly, this is my male woma AKA ramsay's python. He's the biggest snake I have at about 4.5 feet. He was sort of a rescue snake. I got him cheap online and when I got him he had a huge gash in his side (now scarred over) and had a bad respiratory infection and refused to eat. After about a year and a bunch if visits to the vet he finally got better.

Pets aren't the easiest,you can see by the expression in her eyes,she was in terror mode. I use the flash a lot just to get a fast easy shot.For this I used high ISO because it was early morning and the room was dimly lit. You can see the east facing windows in her eyes.

I love snakes,had some over the years. Now the spiders are a different story. I would do the mexican hat dance on one of those if it bit me.

I need to get a pic of some of the things in my house. One creature hides when the camera comes out, the other is too interested in the lens to sit still and let a picture get taken.

And get ye over to the creepy crawlies thread, TNR. There's pictures to be seen.

Beautiful kitty.....sorry about Serpico :(   hopefully someone, somewhere is taking care of him.

We had a new cat show up........Another emaciated mess of a cat.  I will post pics when some of his nasty wounds are healed.  He is a very sweet natured Tuxedo kitty I .......since Sicman wants nothing to do with him...... am calling Crowe

Husker21 said:
We are no longer a dogless house!.  We only waited about 6 months after putting down our second dog in 1.5 years.  The house has felt like it was missing something this entire time.  We had two purebred weimaraners that we love(d) dearly.  Money is tight these days so paying for a purebred dog was out of the question.  When I saw this weim/lab mix on a dog rescue site I jumped on the opportunity.  This guy is 1 year old looks like a wiem but is lazy like a lab around the house.  He is so calm compared to the hyper girls we had.  I will try to get a better pic up soon when I break out the DSLR.  Welcome home Vinny!

1743489_10202881984383599_345816721_n.jpg

Congrats, I like calm dogs.  I am now in a dogless house.  Had 3, now I have none.  Last one passed at 14, a month ago.  I think I'll rescue a dog next time, but too soon right now.

roper2008 said:

Congrats, I like calm dogs.  I am now in a dogless house.  Had 3, now I have none.  Last one passed at 14, a month ago.  I think I'll rescue a dog next time, but too soon right now.

We said we would wait a year or two before getting another dog.  Between me and the kids we caved after 5 months.  

Vinny is an amazingly chill dog.  So gentle with the kids and well behaved (accept a couple of socks that got chewed).  I don't understand why someone would give up such an awesome dog.

Husker21 said:

We said we would wait a year or two before getting another dog.  Between me and the kids we caved after 5 months.  

Vinny is an amazingly chill dog.  So gentle with the kids and well behaved (accept a couple of socks that got chewed).  I don't understand why someone would give up such an awesome dog.
One mans loss is another mans gain my man !!!! Looks like a happy dog .He is lucky to have you guys . 

My little puppy Ally is showing the big dog( Tebow )  who is really in charge  ;)

photo_zps414d0bc1.jpg

TrueNorthReptiles said:
We don't really keep any actual "pets". We do keep various tarantula species, snake species, scorpion species and other "bugs". It would take half the night to post all of them, so I will just post this mature male Grammastola rosea we picked up earlier this evening to breed with one of our mature females. Haven't even taken him out of his container yet, which is making him rather grouchy since he keeps raking his fangs on the edge of the container and producing that lovely "nails on a chalkboard" sound.

grammastolaroseamale.jpg

TNR edit: Provided we get a good ootheca from the pairing, we will be interested in trades for pepper products and/or other invertebrates.
I used to keep and breed Tarantulas. At one point I had around 2000 or so. First person in the USA to breed Pamphobeteus antinous.
I was bitten by one of these. I do NOT recommend it. My arm swelled up to double size and the pain was almost unbearable for around 12 hours. 

And one of these at a different time. Not as bad, but very painful. P.subfusca.

Nigel said:
I used to keep and breed Tarantulas. At one point I had around 2000 or so. First person in the USA to breed Pamphobeteus antinous.
I was bitten by one of these. I do NOT recommend it. My arm swelled up to double size and the pain was almost unbearable for around 12 hours. 

And one of these at a different time. Not as bad, but very painful. P.subfusca.

Gotta give those OW T's some respect! I haven't been tagged by an OW and I do not ever want to be, however I vividly remember when my buddy got tagged by his P. vittata (formerly pederseni) sling. Maybe 3/4-1" sling. His first OW and the moment he tried to transfer it out of the bottle it came in to it's permanent home, it teleported out of the bottle to his hand, nailed him and made the 400m dash up his arm and down his back. That little guy was a lot of fun trying to catch! Incredible speed. He described the first 12 or so hours as like having his arm submerged in hot grease, followed by a week of cramping and night sweats. His whole arm, lymph nodes and shoulder were swollen and red. He learned his lesson and is now one of the safest people I know with T's.

romy6 said:
One mans loss is another mans gain my man !!!! Looks like a happy dog .He is lucky to have you guys . 

My little puppy Ally is showing the big dog( Tebow )  who is really in charge  ;)

photo_zps414d0bc1.jpg
Very cute.  Is that another Pit Bull?

img122611_01_zps544ccbbc.jpg

img042312_zps9634e9e9.jpg

Winston is a pug rescue. He seems to be a pug terrior mix. His eyes, tail, and under fur are pug. The snout and long kinky overhair is terrior. When his hair is allowed to grow out he has old man eyebrows and goatee. We like his hair shorter so he looks like a pup. He is actually over ten years old. Rescue dog, not really sure.

Back