• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Peter S - 2017 grow

Here's my grow so far for this year. I started these early January. The large peppers in the basement are over winters. I'm trying to get my grow down, to around half (or a little more) than last year. I'm hoping this will be more manageable and less wasted peppers :) My grow methods this year will be Kratky (fill and forget and static nutrient level systems), self watering containers (diy earthboxes), and grow bags with potting mix on drip system fed with Master Blend. Also will continue to run some indoor hydro using DWC and sprayaponic methods. All my peppers will be fed with mix of MasterBlend, Magnesium Sulfate and Calcium Nitrate.

Here're my overwinters, hard to distinguish from this angle, but the back left is Jamaican Hot Chocolate, back right is Yellow Chiltepin, front left is Thai Dragon and right is Tien Tsin.

WK9EAWjh.jpg

Peppers in AeroGarden Bounty. Back center is D3's Aji Painapple f2, front right is Yellow Dystopia, back left is Sugar Rush Peach and in front of that a 7-Pot Primo. Of all my AeroGarden peppers, the Painapple will stay in the bounty, and everything else will be transplanted to something else.

UtqDF4zh.jpg

In the foreground here on right is Brazilian Red Olive, and beside it is a Reaper x Moruga f3. AeroGarden has a Cereja da Amapa, Andy's King BOC, Chocolate Unreaper, Aji Charapita and 7-Pot Chaguanas Yellow.

5AuG5D3h.jpg

A bunch here included in my grow list below.

hO0mHpNh.jpg

New low-pressure aeroponic/sprayaponic/soakaponic system with a Helios Hab, and beside it in cups are D3's El Scorponero f2, Puerto Rican Yellow and Peach Moruga Scorpion.

fmqnFtYh.jpg

FXlUYCQh.jpg

Kratky Blue Christmas

gQuQ6YSh.jpg

Here's my grow list. There are a few more that I'm going to start and that should be it for the season.

7-Pot Chaguanas, Yellow
7-Pot Olive
7-Pot Primo
Aji Charapita
D3's Aji Painapple f2
Andy's King BOC
Bhut, Black
Bhut, White W Strain (still trying to germinate)
Blue Christmas
Brazillian Red Olive
Carbonero Cream
CARDI Scorpion Yellow
Cereja da Amapa
Chiltepin Yellow
Chocolate Bhutlah
Chocolate UnReaper
Datil
Devil's Tail, White
Dystopia, Yellow
D3's El Scorponero f2
Hab, Helios
Jamaican Hot Chocolate
Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion
Jay's Red Ghost Scorpion Variant
Kpakpo Shito x BBG 7 f2
Mako Kokoo
Moruga Scorpion, Peach
Peach Clavo
PI 439452 Creme
Puerto Rican Yellow
Reaper x Moruga f3
Scotch Bonnet, Elysium Oxide
Shishito
Stravos
Sugar Rush Peach
Thai Dragon
Tien Tsin

Planning to start soon:
Queen Laurie
Beni Highlands
Swiss Chocolate
BBG7 X (Anthony Nunez cross)
Geronimo Chile

Trident chilli said:
Peter those roots are super healthy.... I need to build a wick tote system
It's very easy to make. It was originally used for growing lettuce in 3" net pots with Kratky method. I had been experimenting with 20 oz wick cups, and found they fit well in the 3" holes. I plug up the holes I don't want to use with empty cups. I'll probably be putting them in something else soon. 

Seeing them white healthy foods reminds me so much of DWC grows Peter. Plants are showing superb growth and look lush.
When plants are fully loaded Peter do you have to top up the reservoir with nutes mores than once a week.?
Keep up your outstanding work and the vids.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Superhot Sim said:
Seeing them white healthy foods reminds me so much of DWC grows Peter. Plants are showing superb growth and look lush.
When plants are fully loaded Peter do you have to top up the reservoir with nutes mores than once a week.?
Keep up your outstanding work and the vids.

Thanks Sim! So far it's been about a gallon every couple weeks or so, but as they grow bigger they're drinking more. I'll probably put them on my drip system pretty soon, then maybe switch out with some greens, see how they do.

Awesome video, Peter!  Your growing techniques
are a real education, nice work  :clap:

You have a great grow. and grow log going here!

Few recent pics.

Harvested and cooked first Shishito pods. Maybe a little too much, lol. but they tasted good. Taste test video coming soon.

brvzSkFl.jpg

AS6q3WUl.jpg

pEFwxYAl.jpg

Some sunflowers coming up.

oMZCbYOl.jpg

D3's Aji Painapple f2

4s4ZN0wl.jpg

Brazilian Red Olive

1DQ0smGl.jpg

Helios Hab in low pressure aeroponic/sprayaponic system

6hNm8Dtl.jpg

White Devil's Tails

KRT8tLVl.jpg

CARDI Yellow Scorpion in 2 gallon hempy bucket

nOZEWa5l.jpg

D3's El Scorponero f2

6VFZWm5l.jpg

Blue Christmas clone

Y1Q2H4Zl.jpg

Swiss Chocolate in tiny Kratky bottle

DZqoalSl.jpg

Kratky Tiny Tim tomato

X6KFBIol.jpg

Study specimen, Kratky grown henbane

ReXtfNvl.jpg

JxKxIg3l.jpg

I think this is a seed pod maybe.

GPsS0WSl.jpg

Also, found this 5 gallon water jug at Goodwill. Going to try to make a DIY auto watering system.

cyz5XlMl.jpg

Z9wUYezl.jpg

I put 5 plants outside today. They will be hooked to the drip system, but I don't have that on yet, hopefully in the next couple of days it will.

These were previously in the wick tote.

7-Pot Olive

fWdmAhQh.jpg

EtN6jsTh.jpg

JPGS

a5uJCXsh.jpg

WqAIJRwh.jpg

Black Bhut

OTcjslMh.jpg

Datil

P4AzX6Qh.jpg

D3's Aji Painapple f2

eDA9zlIh.jpg

1yoqqmsh.jpg

Another D3's Aji Painapple coming out of the AeroGarden, and put in a wick bucket

YFB0jR3h.jpg

JonPKyqh.jpg

ICA2Mngh.jpg

Atropa belladonna pods, grown in Kratky method

uph6CHKh.jpg

BFAILfTh.jpg

dp6whBTh.jpg

Kratky method henbane

VZT0fNAh.jpg

wVYwqd3h.jpg

Hey Peter, liked your tip on the sponges.

Looks like your systems are firing on all cylinders.

D3monic said:
Whick systems seem to be working great for you. Plants are all big and healthy.

Not much longer and you will be drowning in pods.
Thanks man, I hope so. I turned on my fert injector this weekend. I 'think' everything is working okay. Going to monitor it for a few days.  Will to try to get some Kratky trash can and totes going soon too.

Peter S said:
Thanks man, I hope so. I turned on my fert injector this weekend. I 'think' everything is working okay. Going to monitor it for a few days.  Will to try to get some Kratky trash can and totes going soon too.

I really need to try that, wonder how  well it would work outdoors with maters.  Worried they might split  from too  much   moisture. 

D3monic said:

I really need to try that, wonder how  well it would work outdoors with maters.  Worried they might split  from too  much   moisture. 
They might do better than you think. I've seen some pretty good results other folks have shared. The best setups I've seen are the ones that maintain a static nutrient level using a float valve. Kratky posted a video not too long ago showing his.
https://youtu.be/zTWBvQboSFY

Grow update from yesterday.
Some pics

Porch plants

x73I0hDh.jpg

8O8Y6a1h.jpg

Assassin bug guarding one of my CARDI Yellow Scorpion pods
dpgcadwh.jpg

Drip system. I just increased the nutes so they should start growing and greening up more

lbt4Rhyh.jpg

Queen Laurie

YDx6lVIh.jpg

Chocolate UnReaper pods

6ivHKbgh.jpg

F2 of my not sure exactly what is is. Original seed labeled as Jay's Red Ghost Scorpion. Last year's plant didn't look like the proper pheno but I loved it. Was super productive and extremely hot.

vVQS2XKh.jpg

First Datil pod. Seed from a pod brought back by a friend who bought it in St. Augustine, FL.

9EGV9Vyh.jpg

Blue Christmas pod. The plant looks terrible since I moved it outside. Might yank it put something else there. I have a cutting of it growing in the basement. I don't think they like the hot and full sun much. This pod is tagged because it was pollinated with Straovs pollen.

YJRKY55h.jpg

Sugar Rush Peach

dVGM11Wh.jpg

Brazilian Red Olive

yczui1zh.jpg

Another little wick system I made. This one from a plastic salad mix container. The plants are herbs that were started as cuttings. Pineapple Sage, Lemon Balm and Mugwort.

9KaI8H1h.jpg

agMIH8dh.jpg

Sunflowers. Thinking they'll attract lots of pollinating insects. Already seen some honey bees on them.

siQ5nhyh.jpg

CR5Cahqh.jpg

GOvlmarh.jpg

Amazing grow that just keeps getting better, you got the magic touch round plants Peter. Love the sunflowers and companion gardening to bring in the good guys. We use marigolds here as bees love them. Always a great update.

Back