• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Peter's 2015 Glog

I've started germinating a few seeds for 2015. I'm using the wet paper towel in sandwich bag method for the first time. For each seed type, I soaked the seeds in 3% hydrogen peroxide for one minute, then rinsed before putting on the paper towel. I've got all the bags in a plastic box, sitting on a germination heat mat. I put a half plastic egg carton on the bottom so they won't get too hot.

lOzX5Xtl.jpg

WKujPRVl.jpg

6scGcmcl.jpg

It looks like a few of the seeds have something white poking out. These are ajijoes Chocolate Hand Grenade Habanero and Pepperlover's Mustard Moruga Scorpion. 

0Ib0kThl.jpg

KJkBPjbl.jpg

I started them on 12/19. I'm going to move any germinated seeds to cups containing Fox Farms Light Warrior. This will be the first time using this as well.

RK3Tna3l.jpg

Here's my, as of now, grow list. Most of these are from Pepperlover, a few from Buckeye Peppers. Two are from ajijoe, one from Dollar General.

7 Pot Brain Strain Yellow
7 Pot Bubblegum
7 Pot Primo
7 Pot Rennie Chocolate - Buckeye Peppers
Aji Cito
Aji Habanero
Aji Verde
Albanian Red Hot
Aleppo
Bahamian Goat - Buckeye Peppers
Bell of Lebannon
Bhut Jolokia Red
Bhut Jolokia Yellow
Brazilian Star Fish
Brown Moruga
Buckeye Butchlah - Buckeye Peppers
Chocolate Habanero
Chocolate Hand Grenade Habanero - ajijoe
Cinnamon Bell
Cumra Cherry
Devil's Heart
Devil's Horn
Dorset Naga
Ecuador Red Rocoto
Elephant's Ear
Farmers Jalepeno
Fatalii White
Hot Banana
Hot Fingers
Hot Tomatoes
MOA Scotch Bonnet
Mustard Moruga Scorpion
Orange Habanero - Dollar General
Paper Lantern
Pineapple Rocoto
Reaper
Red Maraba X - ajijoe
Sula Adana
Sweet Cow Horn
Trinida Scorpion Moruga Yellow

------
A few more added later (edited in on 2/9/15)

Peach Congo
7 Pod Congo SR Gigantic
Rosemary Pepper
7-Pot Chaguanas
Cherio Roxa
CGN 20800
CGN 21500
7-Pot Lava
Bhut Jolokia, Peach
7-Pot Mad Ballz Red
Fatalii, Yellow
7-Pot Brainstrain, Red
Butch T Scorpion
--------

What I've started germinating so far is:
7 Pot Rennie Chocolate
Albanian Red Hot
Bahamian Goat
Bhut Jolokia Red
Bhut Jolokia Yellow
Buckeye Butchlah
Chocolate Habanero
Chocolate Hand Grenade Habanero
Devil's Heart
Ecuador Red Rocoto
Mustard Moruga Scorpion
Pineapple Rocoto
Reaper
Trinida Scorpion Moruga Yellow

There are a few others I'm going to start early, but wanted to test this germination method first. I'll start the rest sometime next month.

Here're a few pics from the last couple days. I've started planting out some in 3 gal containers. I think about 14 so far, and have 26+ more, then 40 in ground. Got my first flower and first pod starting to form too.

The flower is on an Albanian Red Hot.
Po9Iyspl.jpg

This baby pod is on a Tomato Pepper.
etDKBzXl.jpg

Here are a few of the pot-ups
Kv0ZQ2xl.jpg

D7lhJKml.jpg

ymATpdyl.jpg

977EtGLl.jpg

igBIJG7l.jpg

Some of what's left...
sSHA3Gkl.jpg

I need to make another trip to the Ag Store and get more soil mix stuff this week.

Peter S said:
Here're a few pics from the last couple days. I've started planting out some in 3 gal containers. I think about 14 so far, and have 26+ more, then 40 in ground. Got my first flower and first pod starting to form too.

The flower is on an Albanian Red Hot.
Po9Iyspl.jpg

This baby pod is on a Tomato Pepper.
etDKBzXl.jpg

Here are a few of the pot-ups
Kv0ZQ2xl.jpg

D7lhJKml.jpg

ymATpdyl.jpg

977EtGLl.jpg

igBIJG7l.jpg

Some of what's left...
sSHA3Gkl.jpg

I need to make another trip to the Ag Store and get more soil mix stuff this week.

Very nice Peter!

Getting a lot more pot ups done, around 35 so far, plan to do a few more today.

Few group pics.
7tmPmNIl.jpg

QZf1JdEl.jpg

Some closeups.

Light isn't too great here, but you can see the pod on this Albanian Red Hot.
YewdYDwl.jpg

Pineapple Rocoto
9jmDE6yl.jpg

Ecuadorian Red Rocoto
e3adAgOl.jpg

Purplish pheno hand grenade
v6oM0XFl.jpg

Found this cute fella under one of the pots, ringneck snake
MxdGOXAl.jpg

Have you grown pubescens before? 

Hopefully you can get some pineapple rocotos to set...wanna hear if they actually taste kinda like a pineapple...

Runescape said:
Have you grown pubescens before? 

Hopefully you can get some pineapple rocotos to set...wanna hear if they actually taste kinda like a pineapple...
This is my first time growing any pubescens. I've never eaten one either. Really looking forward to it. I've challenged myself to do a review of every type of pepper I'm growing this year. If I get some I'll let you know, and post video/pics. One of them already has some buds forming on it. 

Peter S said:
This is my first time growing any pubescens. I've never eaten one either. Really looking forward to it. I've challenged myself to do a review of every type of pepper I'm growing this year. If I get some I'll let you know, and post video/pics. One of them already has some buds forming on it. 
Its my first time growing rocotos as well don't know how they are going to do but have my two planted in a big pot outside only peppers planted out still hardening off the first wave.
I also never eaten one but the pineapple rocoto sounded good.
Seems like Judy had one on here site that she said did good in Tennessee if these don't work I might try them if I can find them can't remember what they was called
Best of luck peter this season!

Plantguy76 said:
Its my first time growing rocotos as well don't know how they are going to do but have my two planted in a big pot outside only peppers planted out still hardening off the first wave.
I also never eaten one but the pineapple rocoto sounded good.
Seems like Judy had one on here site that she said did good in Tennessee if these don't work I might try them if I can find them can't remember what they was called
Best of luck peter this season!
Thanks Jason! Wishing you great season as well. If these don't produce, I'm hoping to get some off the Ecuadorian Reds. I got the impression from her description that they were easier to grow than some of the others. I figure can always overwinter them till next year too.

I planted out most of everything yesterday.

sdpK3u1l.jpg

DlbsUJUl.jpg

Walmart Reaper
5giHyRGl.jpg

Devil's Heart
j5qYhrql.jpg

Devil's Horn
xSOhjcxl.jpg

Peach Bhut
QBzXZrCl.jpg

Our horticulture program at work had a plant sale Friday. Not that I need more plants, but picked up these nice looking red habs.

R9ZzEDkl.jpg

A few pics from this morning.

First flower on one of the Pineapple Rocotos.
C7p4NPMl.jpg

Almost all of the container plants, plus a few that still need planting.
2D1ICCal.jpg

Six I planted in ground along rock wall.
r3fjqJzl.jpg

Over-winters
b3yj3Utl.jpg

I don't have a new pic, but the 20 I have in the garden are looking really nice.

Some really nice pictures Peter your garden and plants look great :)
A nice surprise to find a snake too! I think my dog would go nuts :)

PaulS said:
Some really nice pictures Peter your garden and plants look great :)
A nice surprise to find a snake too! I think my dog would go nuts :)
Thanks! Yeah, it was really cool seeing the snake. Hope my wife never reads this glog though, she's incredibly phobic of them.

Update from yesterday/this morning. 

Video of all my plants

Most of the container plants.
5thF3Y9l.jpg

Albanian Red Hot pod
3VbokXIl.jpg

Tomato Peppers
pX3IHgFl.jpg

Aleppo
CvQQ8k8l.jpg

Aji Habanero pods
r7HoP3Ul.jpg

Normal Chocolate Hand Grenade
zQXb4Xzl.jpg

Purplish pheno Chocolate Hand Grenade
iNIjd0Ol.jpg

First pod from the purple hand grenade. Maybe this will give an indication of the other parent plant.
JBKLaXBl.jpg

One of my 7-Pot Rennie Chocolates. Something broke it in half. Not sure what happened. It's in the fenced in garden. I was mowing around just before I noticed it. Maybe a rock or something got thrown in there. Just a guess. It might grow back, I'll leave it alone.
7a1uMcIl.jpg

Like the video tour. Plants look really good and you've got some decent size pods all ready. Curious to see how that purple hand grenade turns out. Those two leaves left on the Rennie look healthy. It should bounce back great. Something just topped it for ya lol.

Scorched said:
Like the video tour. Plants look really good and you've got some decent size pods all ready. Curious to see how that purple hand grenade turns out. Those two leaves left on the Rennie look healthy. It should bounce back great. Something just topped it for ya lol.
Thanks for taking a look. Yeah, I'm hoping that guy pulls through. I have hope. :)

Great looking plants in the video but sorry to see the Rennie ... I lost the top of my Infinity to the window cleaners ladder .. at least yours looks like a clean break and as Tony says leaves either side are healthy ... fingers crossed for a rapid recovery

Trident chilli said:
Great looking plants in the video but sorry to see the Rennie ... I lost the top of my Infinity to the window cleaners ladder .. at least yours looks like a clean break and as Tony says leaves either side are healthy ... fingers crossed for a rapid recovery
Thanks! I really hope it makes it too. Fortunately though, if it doesn't I've got two more of them growing. 

Back