• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Peter's 2016 Grow

I'm still working out my grow list, and will start most of my seeds in a couple weeks. I have started a few early, and have some growing in hydro and potting mix. Here are four over winters from this past year; 7-Pot Rennie Chocolate, Devil's Heart, Bahamian Goat and Peach Bhut.

qPfZvFul.jpg

Most recent pic of my hydro setup. Maxibloom nutes under 400 watt CMH. I'm going to probably switch to Masterblend/Calcium Nitrate/Epsom Salt blend at some point when the Maxi runs out. This is mostly for starting, I'm going to setup 2 buckets with one plant each that I'll try to grow out larger.

There's a mix of BBM, Caramel Moruga, Jamacian Hot Choc., Hot Fingers and Large Orange Thai currently.

pxYvYpXl.jpg

Here're two that I took out recently and transplanted to potting mix.

The one on the left is Caramel Moruga Scorpion, and other is Jamaican Hot Chocolate. The JHC is about a week behind the C. Moruga.

vYFO3sHl.jpg

The C. Moruga is in a Rapid Rooter plug
9uYU0qVl.jpg

The J. Hot Choc. is in rock wool.
t2kYlUGl.jpg

After transplant.
J9g1RCrl.jpg

Here're a couple that'll go into the hydro bucket soon. These are growing under my cheap Wal-mart LED bulbs. They seem to work well for the sprouts.

Genghis Khan's Brain
s9ZzeFDl.jpg

Peach Bhut
qCC02Bhl.jpg

So far what I've started and/or have germinating as of now is:
Big Black Mama
Caramel Moruga Scorpion
Jamaican Hot Choc.
Hot Fingers
Large Orange Thai
Peach Bhut
Genghis Khan's Brain
Superhot Beast
Trinidad Hornet
Monkey Nipples
Sarit Gat
Choc BrainStrain
Apocalypse Scorpion
Reaper
Orange Thai SSE
Unknown Reaper X
I Scream Scorpion
Butch T Scorpion
Chocolate Primo Reaper
BTR Scorpion
Sugar Rush Peach
Mayan Love Pepper
MA Wartyx Variant
Kraken Scorpion
Bhut Assam

Oh, I got this the other day too, to help monitor the nutes. I didn't realize how big this thing was until I got it. From seeing product pics, I thought it would be ink pen size. I like it a lot.

VxnUtQql.jpg

Such robust and healthy looking plants, Peter.(think there is an echo in this thread... can't help but restate the obvious!) Such a nice mix of varieties too! And... Yes!, the nipple's have popped and are perky. Lol  :D  :lol:  I was waiting to see those. Great growing...

coachspencerxc said:
Killin' me. Looking good!
Thanks!
Alchymystic said:
Such robust and healthy looking plants, Peter.(think there is an echo in this thread... can't help but restate the obvious!) Such a nice mix of varieties too! And... Yes!, the nipple's have popped and are perky. Lol  :D  :lol:  I was waiting to see those. Great growing...
Thanks! Yeah I'm excited about the Monkey Nipples.
Plantguy76 said:
Peter great progress & pics really strong & healthy looking plants loving the dark green of there leaves .
Thanks!

Runescape said:
Wow, plants are looking awesome already. Any other additions?
Thanks! Yeah, I just potted up another Genghis Khan's Brain and a Super Hot Beast. Moved a Reaper x Moruga F2 and Cereja da Amapi to hydro, following a Chocolate Brain and Monkey Nipples. Have a bunch germinating or just sprouted too.

moruga welder said:
Thats a beautiful thing you got going there , Peter !      :onfire:
Thanks!

Ozzy2001 said:
Nice list and great plants. Hydro really produces some great results.
Thanks! Yes I agree. It's a little learning curve but so far haven't screwed up too bad. :)

Here're a few recent to fairly recent pics.

2nd Genghis Khan's Brain
y3nCV3pl.jpg

Superhot Beast
52ER0mHl.jpg

Updates on some older plants

BBM
ToaHtdPl.jpg

Jamaican Hot Choc
TdoM3uel.jpg

Caramel Moruga Scorpion
j1OTZHwl.jpg

CGN 20800
Hp9NxVul.jpg

Hot Fingers - IMHO, one of the more underrated peppers out there...
hlSB2vSl.jpg

A bunch of Ten Fingers of Naples tomatoes for my salsa garden
QwSAyI5l.jpg

A mess...
x8IJAKvl.jpg

BBM in hydro
Fvj1cPNl.jpg

Some Paper Lantern x Butch T Yellow from D3monic
93bAJoOl.jpg

Peter S said:
Hot Fingers - IMHO, one of the more underrated peppers out there...
PL descrption: "Finger shaped Turkish pepper comes from the city of Yüksekova in the very southeast region. This extremely hot pepper matches the very hot, dry, dusty nature of the city where it is grown. The pepper is very productive setting tough green pods all summer long turning bright red in a short period of time."

How hot would you say the pods were? How productive was the plant?

D3monic said:
Plants are looking great, going to be some beasts by the time you can plant out. 
Thanks! Yeah, it'll be interesting.
Runescape said:
PL descrption: "Finger shaped Turkish pepper comes from the city of Yüksekova in the very southeast region. This extremely hot pepper matches the very hot, dry, dusty nature of the city where it is grown. The pepper is very productive setting tough green pods all summer long turning bright red in a short period of time."

How hot would you say the pods were? How productive was the plant?
To me, the pods seemed a little hotter than the hottest thai. I thought the flavor wasn't bad at all, kind of fruity. It was very productive. I remember two very good harvests, and it was working on a third before the frost hit. Here are some pics.

MbggQKAl.jpg

yBlB9mQl.jpg

RiLiTfql.jpg

The Aji Charapita has to be the tiniest little pepper that could, lol.

Toothpick for comparison.
77mWalsl.jpg

Here are a few that I pulled out of hydro yesterday. I'm not giving them as much time so I can make room for others. I need to start a new multi site bucket. These are a Reaper x Unkown, Orange Thai SSE, Trinidad Hornet and Hot Fingers.
svKjoPHl.jpg

All of the Paper Lantern x Butch T Yellow from D3monic have sprouted.
OpYON8Yl.jpg

A few extras I took to work and gave away. A BBM, 2 Caramel Moruga Scorpions and a Genghis Khan's Brain.
CtWo8hWl.jpg

Quick update.

BBM in hydro. Crappy pic, sorry.
1QqeDOXl.jpg

Hot Fingers.
urLwyQ2l.jpg

Babies
uyYxfC6l.jpg

Some in the 20 oz cups. I've topped some of them.
w1GuAwEl.jpg

I changed the bucket lid for my multi site hyrdo, can fit a bunch more in there now.
DyaOtT1l.jpg

I had been thinking about making a bubbler out of a gel-pac laundry detergent container. I freed up this one, you can see that a 3 inch net pot fits just right. The lid is easy to remove, just line up the arrows and lift off.

IC3PgGQl.jpg

UgJVMvvl.jpg

kxP0YfCl.jpg

YHAdbIVl.jpg

Another quick update:

Jay's Ghost Scorp Peach since transplant.

FgpbHocl.jpg

Multi-site hydro
UmpsZIHl.jpg

Pod progress on hydro BBM
sEvz4VSl.jpg

Plants in 20 oz cups
twzeNDGl.jpg

A few plants I gave to one of my co-workers, still doing well
ExqTT5ul.jpg

I made another improvised dwc, this one out of a coffee container. It's a bit small but should help get some of the younger plants jump started.
wzwUxm1l.jpg

Have four of D3monic's Paper Lantern x Butch T Yellows in it now. They were doing really well just in the Rapid Rooter plugs, out-growing most of the others the same age.
h7dn5ZUl.jpg

Back