• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Peter's 2016 Grow

I'm still working out my grow list, and will start most of my seeds in a couple weeks. I have started a few early, and have some growing in hydro and potting mix. Here are four over winters from this past year; 7-Pot Rennie Chocolate, Devil's Heart, Bahamian Goat and Peach Bhut.

qPfZvFul.jpg

Most recent pic of my hydro setup. Maxibloom nutes under 400 watt CMH. I'm going to probably switch to Masterblend/Calcium Nitrate/Epsom Salt blend at some point when the Maxi runs out. This is mostly for starting, I'm going to setup 2 buckets with one plant each that I'll try to grow out larger.

There's a mix of BBM, Caramel Moruga, Jamacian Hot Choc., Hot Fingers and Large Orange Thai currently.

pxYvYpXl.jpg

Here're two that I took out recently and transplanted to potting mix.

The one on the left is Caramel Moruga Scorpion, and other is Jamaican Hot Chocolate. The JHC is about a week behind the C. Moruga.

vYFO3sHl.jpg

The C. Moruga is in a Rapid Rooter plug
9uYU0qVl.jpg

The J. Hot Choc. is in rock wool.
t2kYlUGl.jpg

After transplant.
J9g1RCrl.jpg

Here're a couple that'll go into the hydro bucket soon. These are growing under my cheap Wal-mart LED bulbs. They seem to work well for the sprouts.

Genghis Khan's Brain
s9ZzeFDl.jpg

Peach Bhut
qCC02Bhl.jpg

So far what I've started and/or have germinating as of now is:
Big Black Mama
Caramel Moruga Scorpion
Jamaican Hot Choc.
Hot Fingers
Large Orange Thai
Peach Bhut
Genghis Khan's Brain
Superhot Beast
Trinidad Hornet
Monkey Nipples
Sarit Gat
Choc BrainStrain
Apocalypse Scorpion
Reaper
Orange Thai SSE
Unknown Reaper X
I Scream Scorpion
Butch T Scorpion
Chocolate Primo Reaper
BTR Scorpion
Sugar Rush Peach
Mayan Love Pepper
MA Wartyx Variant
Kraken Scorpion
Bhut Assam

Oh, I got this the other day too, to help monitor the nutes. I didn't realize how big this thing was until I got it. From seeing product pics, I thought it would be ink pen size. I like it a lot.

VxnUtQql.jpg

PaulG said:
Say, my friend, you have grows going on all over the place!  AeroGarden pods,
hydro grow and outdoors.  The white bags look like they have performed
admirably for you.  Not to mention the awesome table full of pods!  Good work Peter!

Hope you have some chance to rest during the holidays; all the best to you and your family!
Thanks Paul, hope you have a good restful holiday as well!
Update on all of my indoor plants; peppers, lettuce and herbs. My DWC Jamaican Hot Chocolate is doing much much better since I adjusted the lights and started refreshing the nutrients every two weeks. Also show my first crossing attempt: Thai Dragon x (Street Kitchen) Tien Tsin, have two of the cross pollinated pods growing on the Thai Dragon. Hopefully they will ripen in time to harvest the seeds and grow the f1 this coming season.

https://youtu.be/xFPGcKX5Ozw

The Southern Ag guy said it was the same as the 14-14-14 Osmocote that I wanted. It's Anderson's brand, was way cheaper, like 25.00 for 50 lbs. But when I cut it open today it's obviously not, or at least looks nothing like the Osmocote. The specs are pretty much the same, as far as NPK and release rate. This does have some minor elements not in Osmocote that aren't a bad thing. The bag description reads like its mostly for turf fertilization. It says it's for professional horticulture. The application rates are for spreading over a lawn. There is a mention that it can be used in growing media? But then it goes to say they won't give application rates for that because different plants need different amounts, blah, blah, etc... I looked up the Osmocote rates and followed that. I'm using 1 Tbsp per 2 gallons of mix.
Thanks for the great posts Pete,
just been wondering what Osmocote it is you use? the one I use seems to be completely different - NPK 15.3 : 2.4 : 6 ,applied at 1/2 TBS per plant - https://www.scottsaustralia.com.au/scotts-brands/osmocote/osmocote-plus-trace-elements-controlled-release-plant-food/osmocote-plus-trace-elements-vegetable-tomato-herb-garden-beds/

Thanks.

Hotrod64 said:
Thanks for the great posts Pete,
just been wondering what Osmocote it is you use? the one I use seems to be completely different - NPK 15.3 : 2.4 : 6 ,applied at 1/2 TBS per plant - https://www.scottsaustralia.com.au/scotts-brands/osmocote/osmocote-plus-trace-elements-controlled-release-plant-food/osmocote-plus-trace-elements-vegetable-tomato-herb-garden-beds/

Thanks.
The osmo I have is just 14-14-14, I think it's rated for 3-4 months feeding, slow release but that depends on temps and moisture. I saved a lot buying it from a wholesaler, think it was about 65.00 for a 50 lb. bag. The big box stores sell the same thing at 9.99 for 2 lb.

Back