• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

photography Photo Album

Mini Phal was on an' poppin' all this week.

17179258262_c4c54682cc_b.jpg

Hybrid Mode 01 said:

What kind of soil is that potted in? I have one just like that except it has been unhappy for years. I can't figure out what's wrong with it.

Sphagnum moss in a mini terra cotta pot. The roots are creeping out of the pot and down the side.

Phals are epiphytic not terrestrial. They grow in trees, not dirt. If you are using regular potting soil, that's probably the reason it's not happy. The only phal I ever lost was planted in tree bark "orchid soil". I have much better luck with sphagnum moss in wooden baskets.

SumOfMyBits said:

Sphagnum moss in a mini terra cotta pot. The roots are creeping out of the pot and down the side.

Phals are epiphytic not terrestrial. They grow in trees, not dirt. If you are using regular potting soil, that's probably the reason it's not happy. The only phal I ever lost was planted in tree bark "orchid soil". I have much better luck with sphagnum moss in wooden baskets.

Good to know. Mine are all planted in orchid soil. Thanks!

I am happy with it. I don't use auto focus often,but this has a really nice system that I will be taking advantage of. Really nice colors too. Looking at the 24-70 f2.8 as my next purchase to go with it.

Pr0digal_son said:
I am happy with it. I don't use auto focus often,but this has a really nice system that I will be taking advantage of. Really nice colors too. Looking at the 24-70 f2.8 as my next purchase to go with it.
My favorite 3 lenses 24 - 70 2.8, 70 - 200 f 2.8, and 50 mm 1.4 followed very closely by the 100 MACRO 2.8 - I never shoot auto and I am sure you will love the full body for sure

Back