• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

photography Photo Album

I hate these moths but they are fun to photograph on the wild flowers for a pop of color.

11059631_975628962458660_8120755270614244415_o.jpg

So, back in May I lost a childhood friend of mine to cancer.  He'd been fighting cancer since he was 15, but had the most positive outlook on life of anyone I've ever met.  Here's something he said when he was just 18 years old... 

“Through my special set of life experiences and personal interests, I have learned how much most of us take for granted. I’ve developed a sense for what things in life are most important, and which things are insignificant in the big scheme of things. Lastly, my experiences have taught me that we are the creators of our own life and destiny. Based on how my life started, and what has occurred since, I would expect the rest of my life to be pretty outrageous”
He's an inspiration to me to lead the best life I can, and the same for many others.  Before he passed he had a dream that he was holding on to a cliff, he lost his grip and started falling.  He said at first he was panicked, but then he relaxed and when he hit the ground he turned into a phoenix and flew straight up to the clouds.  I designed a Rising Phoenix tattoo, and my sister (who ended up becoming much closer to Jake as the years went by) and another of Jake's close childhood friends got them done after his memorial.  This shot was at the friend's wedding, probably means more to me/them than others seeing the shot, but it was just a reminder that Jake was still at the wedding with us. 
j6sDiLo.jpg

Rawkstah said:
So, back in May I lost a childhood friend of mine to cancer.  He'd been fighting cancer since he was 15, but had the most positive outlook on life of anyone I've ever met.  Here's something he said when he was just 18 years old... 

Through my special set of life experiences and personal interests, I have learned how much most of us take for granted. Ive developed a sense for what things in life are most important, and which things are insignificant in the big scheme of things. Lastly, my experiences have taught me that we are the creators of our own life and destiny. Based on how my life started, and what has occurred since, I would expect the rest of my life to be pretty outrageous
He's an inspiration to me to lead the best life I can, and the same for many others.  Before he passed he had a dream that he was holding on to a cliff, he lost his grip and started falling.  He said at first he was panicked, but then he relaxed and when he hit the ground he turned into a phoenix and flew straight up to the clouds.  I designed a Rising Phoenix tattoo, and my sister (who ended up becoming much closer to Jake as the years went by) and another of Jake's close childhood friends got them done after his memorial.  This shot was at the friend's wedding, probably means more to me/them than others seeing the shot, but it was just a reminder that Jake was still at the wedding with us. 
j6sDiLo.jpg

The people who stay positive and upbeat through the worst tragedies, disease etc are the most inspirational people I've ever met and so much can be learned from them. Those are truly the strongest people out there :-)

dragonsfire said:
thanks!
Your moon shot you can get better detail if your cam has a capacity for +-F stop, like -2 or if you have Gimp/PS you can add a layer and double/multiply it to get better detail :)

From Sep 20, hazy sky.
Moon_Sep20-1500_zpspmb4bkbq.jpg
Nice, i didnt play too much around with the shot, but i guess i could go back into ps and play with it. It was just kind of a happy accident shot. I dont do much sky gazing out here. Plus living surrounded by giant apartment buildings neighbors tend to think i am a peeping tom when i go outside and start pointing the camera around. ;)

Well, that was a screw up!
Waffled on what to do this evening in regard to the eclipse. At the last minute, I decided to head up to the Babad Do'ag overlook along the Catalina Highway, about 25 minutes away . Upon arrival, I found the place mobbed and thought I had just enough time to zip up to a place with a superb easterly view called San Pedro Vista. Well, naturally there was some terrified idiot ahead, the sort that slows to 20 for every corner. My blood pressure rose steadily, matching, if not exceeding, the altitude. Finally, just as the moon would be rising, I arrived....  To find another freaking ZOO! There was literally no place to park. 10 minute later (and as many minutes late) I was at Incinerator Ridge, a place I'd scoped out earlier. As the color was rapidly fading from the sky, I dashed off a few haphazard photos. There was no time to appreciate the beauty of the scene and no time to compose anything remotely interesting.  Maybe, some day before I die, I'll fucking LEARN.  (No, I'm too stupid...)
Anyway, here's about all I got from the frantic dash.

_MG_6777_.jpg

Back